test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vault of Stars - Drop Rates

dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
Alright. I think it's time we talk about this.

120+ successful VoS runs, almost every time rerolled both chests at the end.

I have got a legendary mount and 3 coalescent wards and I still don't have some of the legendary rings (13/18)... one of them being the one I need. Though I do have it on preview, first run with no rerolls...
And my example isn't the only one, there are people with 300+ runs and without rings they want.
I don't have this much time usually, per day I run maybe 1 or 2 VoS on my work days, 3-4 on my days off. Every run is either half an hour or just below with a good team. I want to be done with this, many people want to.
I am not asking for the drop rate to be simply increased, but please, give us a way to get the items we want through something similar to getting Celestial/Lionheart weapons. Or 'the more you run the more likely you are to get the dungeon specific rare loot'. Even if that doesn't work then at least make the game give you the rings that you don't have in your inventory/collections/equipped first.

Comments

• oswind#3081 oswind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Boosting your post but it will cost you
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I agree. After getting my melee ring, I've given myself a reprieve from the torture of dumb rng.
  • ferrum#7760 ferrum Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This game could use a lot of fixing, RNG is one of them, I've had a lot of instances where a lot of times IN A ROW I will be lucky and get what I need and sometimes it's as if it doesn't want you to get the drop anymore. You can notice how bad the RNG is if you spend a lot of time killing hunts in Avernus, that's where you'll know that something is wrong. The RNG is NOT RNG, it's rigged RNG, the only real RNG you'll ever see is probably in Lockboxes because they want to avoid getting exposed or called out because of attempting to scam you or something. This game doesn't bring me joy in a lot of ways, it needs way too much fixing. More consistent bug fixing, bug hunting, proper PRE-TESTED balancing. I'm tired of this bad attention in developing that's being given in this game. The only developers that actually did things right in their FTP game is Digital Extremes, by literally LISTENING to their community, will you guys listen to us?
    I'm starting to consider making a heat-map of how the drops work to expose this issue.
  • fghgjfg2fg54581fghgjfg2fg54581 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm sorry to say that after 8 years if you think they will ever give the player base a chance to get what they need or want, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you. The RNG nonsense is something that has been an issue since day one that has NEVER been addressed nor will it be. It drives players away from this game and they just don't get it or they just don't care period. Player retention has NEVER been a priority and NEVER will be. There are plenty of other options out there. Time to test those waters. Acknowledge, move on....
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

I'm sorry to say that after 8 years if you think they will ever give the player base a chance to get what they need or want, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you. The RNG nonsense is something that has been an issue since day one that has NEVER been addressed nor will it be. It drives players away from this game and they just don't get it or they just don't care period. Player retention has NEVER been a priority and NEVER will be. There are plenty of other options out there. Time to test those waters. Acknowledge, move on....

Well, the devs did listen in terms of Legion weapons. Somewhat towards bounties. Hope dies last.

This game could use a lot of fixing, RNG is one of them, I've had a lot of instances where a lot of times IN A ROW I will be lucky and get what I need and sometimes it's as if it doesn't want you to get the drop anymore. You can notice how bad the RNG is if you spend a lot of time killing hunts in Avernus, that's where you'll know that something is wrong. The RNG is NOT RNG, it's rigged RNG, the only real RNG you'll ever see is probably in Lockboxes because they want to avoid getting exposed or called out because of attempting to scam you or something. This game doesn't bring me joy in a lot of ways, it needs way too much fixing. More consistent bug fixing, bug hunting, proper PRE-TESTED balancing. I'm tired of this bad attention in developing that's being given in this game. The only developers that actually did things right in their FTP game is Digital Extremes, by literally LISTENING to their community, will you guys listen to us?
    I'm starting to consider making a heat-map of how the drops work to expose this issue.

The real problem is that we never communicate with the system designers. All we get is a medium, that is the problem. Take many smaller studios that have much more successful games - Phasmophobia for instance. The developer listens to community, knows the streamers. Among Us developers are literally working with their best streamers. And the big game? Minecraft? All devs are actively engaged with the community. Here we get almost nothing while this game has the potential to be the best MMO if they all would actually listen up.
  • vampyrangelvampyrangel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    yes you are right i agree with you ! make it happen !

This discussion has been closed.