test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 Vaulted Content

Comments

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User

shugensha said:

They are not deleting the Dragons, they are taking away the dragons that MOST ppl don't kill anymore. Cuz other than the adventure quests or campaing the only reason to kill those 3-5 dragons was to get the appareance items from the Dragon Cult, that no one is wearing anymore.
    No matter the rage, this is going to happen so adapt or leave.
    If there are no extra campaings like in sharandar that goes from Malabog to the new Sharandar Boss, this new zones might come back as a .5 MOD to give players something to do, feel nostalgic and wait till new full mod.
    We might even see simple dungeons going to epic dungeons. Or even older content that some of us never had the chance to play.
    Vaulted it is NOT deleted, even if it gives that feeling. They put ton of time, effort and money on them just to say "meh, burn them".
    Maybe will have an adventure version of storyteller that doesn't make you rush through content.
    I would love if they could tell us what plans or rough plans they have for the future tho, that would give us some ease and we would know how to give more productive feedback.

TL;DR: adapt or leave.

Not sure what game are you playing but I can tell you that those dragons are killed. people do those quest weekly as they give currencies needed for SH. I kill dragons weekly on 8 char and I never alone!!! there are always players there.

Maybe you are not one who cares about the guilds and just out there for yourself but for those of us who are building a guild it is a big slap in the face. We are loosing a good portions of the currency for the guild coffer.

And also as for my personal experience -- meeting and killing the dragon in the graveyard was one of my most exciting experience in NW. It is after all Dungeons and Dragons and not spend ours training to kill Halaster on a small platform. It should be about adventure and not just combat in a small arena.

Also they put in the vault many dungeons and skirmishes with promise they will be back ... ROFL -- I haven't seen any back in years. So yes it is as good as deleted.
    I apologize there, i never grinded dragons for guild resources, and we maxed so long ago that the only pain if we want to destroy something to get another boon, it's the shards. Again, my bad (and no, no sarcasm there).
    They might change it so single dragons counts as BHE on well of dragons or increase the drops from the 5 dragons. And maybe it's bad luck, but the times i went there i literally never saw anyone.

About halaster and all those fights that requires you hours and hours of practice.. It's the fault of both players and devs. Most ppl don't care anymore about "let's explore!" now it's "rush it or get kicked" :S I remember MC had that "secret" door that took you to like a garden, but they removed it cuz ppl just loved to rush.

And the "deleted" content, we may have hope since they said they want to bring the game more to the "D&D core", so with some luck we might see some back (and with luck not as "storyteller").
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

These are the zones we have removed from the leveling flow:

Blacklake District
    Tower District
    Blackdagger Ruins
    Helm's Hold
    Pirate's Skyhold
    Rothe Valley
    Mount Hotenow

Ok everyone, it's time to...

For where Mods 22-28 will take place!

From what I read above by developer @eminnerdev#8159 they stated, Pirate's Skyhold, were selected because we didn't feel the visual fidelity and content flow were up to standards and there was real potential to reimagine these spaces in the future.
    Module 22 - Pirate's Skyhold
    Module 23 - Rothe Valley
    Blacklake District and Tower District are in limbo, somewhere between revamp to total annihilation.
    Blackdagger Ruins and Helm's Hold these are part of the Elemental Evil campaign. I wouldn't expect these two are vaulted at all, from what I read.

BTW I removed the GIF from the quote, while it was humorous, it was also creeping me out. They might not use them as a module but reintroduce them as a seasonal event as they did with Mad Dragon's Lair.

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I must admit I will not miss the screaming in Rothe Valley.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    shugensha said:

Oh, I play warlock, they alredy removed plenty of times what i loved about warlock.
    First they came for the soulpuppet, and i spoke cuz i was a puppetier.
    Then they came for the templock, and i spoke cuz i was a templock.
    Then they came for the buffs and debuffs, and i spoke cuz i was a buffer and debuffer.
    Then they came for the Life Bind, and i spoke cuz i based my whole build on Life Bind.
    Then they came for our heals, and i spoke cuz i am a healer.

I spoke alone, i joined other ppl, and the two options we always had were adapt or leave. Heck, you know what they told us when we said "the sheilds are bad"? They told us "then use the heals over time". That's the kind of ppl you are asking to keep old content.
    I whined, i cried and ranted, and nothing of that will ever bring what i most LOVED about the warlock back.
    I feel bad for them losing the zones they loved to go kill time, but in the future, when there are no more content or the devs needs to put a "filler" for a new mod, we will see the zones back.

I needed to adapt to every new warlock and learned to LOVE it again, and every single time they just "reworked" it, taking what i LOVED away. So yeah, im used to see what i LOVE being REMOVED and not VAULTED for FUTURE USE.

Does it suck to have content removed? Yes.
    Does it suck when it's that much content? Yes.
    Do our complains have a weight here? No.
    Do our ACTIONS have any weight here? Yes.

And about the original CN, we can only hope. They "reworked" Sharandar, they might bring them back. But then again, we are talking about ppl that instead of listening to TWO threads of warlocks feedback (cuz the first one was so long they needed to create a new one) they just told us "then use the other feat". So if that doesn't tell you that they won't go back on their execution, i don't what else to tell you. The only times they went back on a change (even if a little) it's when the players stop playing.

I fully understand your feelings, while reading your comments I felt like crying, I lost a lot of things in my warlock, if without a doubt the changes in the healing removing all the originality when healing with him was what ended me the most.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I'm not sure I get all the rage about removed content. The leveling experience was bad and only a fraction of the zones had to be completed to get to 80. I think the decision to rework them and bring them back in a more meaningful manner is decent.

BUT they should have done it immediately or with a more concrete timeline so that players have less to complain about. Plus the story arc has to make sense. Flashbacks to when they removed the original Castle Never and the main fight against Valindra disappeared.
  • vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Oh and one other thing... where are we supposed to get Demonic keys from if there's no Underdark campaign?? I've hunted around and haven't found a source for them on Preview.

Oh and one other thing... where are we supposed to get Demonic keys from if there's no Underdark campaign?? I've hunted around and haven't found a source for them on Preview.

Underdark is gone as well? Is the map still there? Mantol Derith? Asking because that is the only place you can get some specific and very nice transmutes from the vendor.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Underdark is gone as well? Is the map still there? Mantol Derith? Asking because that is the only place you can get some specific and very nice transmutes from the vendor.
    No idea about keys, but Mantol-Derith is still fully intact with vendors, although I do not see a way to farm for the Alliance Supplies.
    arazith07 said:

No idea about keys, but Mantol-Derith is still fully intact with vendors, although I do not see a way to farm for the Alliance Supplies.
    ty. That vendor is a good one for transmutes, especially weapon ones. I would hate to see it go. As far as keys go, they will need to either make them creatable elsewhere or just make the chests open all the time without one I guess.
  • tepakuzelugon#2021 tepakuzelugon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Are the achievements and lore associated with these zones still going to be available in some fashion or are they just going to be completely removed? Mainly curious about the lore aspect.
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    I remember the last time they removed content and claimed it would be better, it didnt go well. Dread Vault is missing from that time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    zactor said:

I remember the last time they removed content and claimed it would be better, it didnt go well. Dread Vault is missing from that time.

Better for them. Not better for the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

arazith07 said:

ty. That vendor is a good one for transmutes, especially weapon ones. I would hate to see it go. As far as keys go, they will need to either make them creatable elsewhere or just make the chests open all the time without one I guess.
    You farm Alliance supplies from the "Ballad of Baphomet" weekly which was still there. But it's limited to at most 600 a week if you're lucky
    Looks like they have the next few years of 'new' exciting gear designs right there in that list. Would they delete entire maps and storylines just to save a few bucks on designers to create new stuff? Well I'm half joking but tbh nothing would surprise me anymore. And we all know how Cryptic loves to recycle.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Too bad.
    Among others Helm's hold, Rothé Valley and Mount Hotenow are such good places with good lore.

And there are lot's of reference.
    Like the Nashers for example. Mentioned in the Protector's Jubilee speech or you have to go back to Blacklace District from Cloaked ascendancy if I remember correctly.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    There's a guy under the bridge in Neverdeath that leads up to Craftsman's Rest and Merchants Landing that tells you the story of how Karzov was defeated.

Yeah, we get a story about what other adventurers did...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

The removal of some zones will be covered in an upcoming blog but it will be a major topic for a lot of players so I wanted to take the chance to provide some direct information here.
    These are the zones we have removed from the leveling flow:

Blacklake District
    Tower District
    Blackdagger Ruins
    Helm's Hold
    Pirate's Skyhold
    Rothe Valley
    Mount Hotenow

We did not make this decision lightly and we know there are players out there that enjoyed each of these spaces, so here are some of the reasons behind this selection. Some of these zones were selected because they are later reused in the Elemental Evil content, which is now a more accessible Adventure. Some, like Pirate's Skyhold, were selected because we didn't feel the visual fidelity and content flow were up to standards and there was real potential to reimagine these spaces in the future. And others showed that many players would not complete them according to our analytics.

With the new Adventure system, it will be much easier for us to reintroduce content as we identify the opportunity or need. Compared to the new Sharandar, bringing these zones back would look more like a new Epic Adventure at level 20 that has refreshed rewards, a smoother questing experience, various fixes, and more polished visuals. We currently have no plans to evolve other existing adventure zones the way we did with Sharandar.

We understand these kinds of changes have a cost, but we believe we are moving the game in a positive direction for all of our players.

Thank you for playing!

black lake district is related to the tarkov crown steal quest line that connects later to river district crown storyline? does it have to do with a new storyline were a red thayan thief infiltrated neverwinter higher ranks?*cough* lord neverember*cough*

Rothé valley + 1 portion of whispering caverns are connected to drows and Lolth storyline why split the story line, drow lore got changed/updated recently in d&d does it have to do about this new update to lore?

mount hotenow + other part of the whispering caverns, fire giants lore + duergar lore also introduces ilithids to storyline why split again this continues as we explore underdark later in mantel-derith and demogorgon story line

black dagger ruins + pirate's skyhold connected story line for cragsmire crypt and pirate dungeon, these 2 combined with a "reforged" graphic appearance/update would look good on a future module Pirates related theme

linkletter storyline gone why, plague touched introduction storyline, to begin with is so amazing why remove it, you could have skip the sewers part and make us spawn at the tower when link letter wife rages at enemies and we go call the wizard to calm her and continue the tower puzzles and lead us to the spellscarred zone

about helm's hold it has similarities to vallhala story im ok with it being vaulted, onlly thing i got from it was the masked visor from one of the bosses, a very seductive visor xD

tower district - the zone im good with it to later be major orc invasion module, never understood the orcs invasion on this zone, gonna miss the npc that i bought bags for the zone transmog,

the dragons that were removed would look good as a 10 player trial to win dragonbone weapon transmutes or make them as new weapon set with bonus damage against dragons, respective dragon color armor pieces transmute equal to the black dragonclaw armor (mask + chest+arms+boots) that we see in well of dragons as transmutes or each piece with different equip bonus.