test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M21 on Preview!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
The upcoming module and the new Bard class are now available on the Preview test server! Hop in, check out the updates, and leave your feedback in the feedback subforum!

Comments

• shaleych#5171 shaleych Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Russian test server Lurker crashes on startup.
    p.s. reinstallation helped
    Post edited by shaleych#5171 on
  • pallodin#1046 pallodin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Good afternoon, on the Russian test server Lurker it is not possible to pump the bard 5 lvl, since Knox is issued a box that opens for a key for zen, and he is absent in the zen market! for this reason, it is not possible to complete the quest further!
  • mmogamespace#9417 mmogamespace Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    the level of artisans from the workshop is also reduced to level 20, while the parameters of focus and concentration are taken from the old table of levels, which makes it impossible to craft items of +1 quality.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    A fix to the Shimmering Keys should now be live on Lurker, so you should now be able to advance your bard past level 5. Sorry about that!
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The bard mechanic looks fun, and the chance to go free style while you need to wait for a Q, a player or just roleplaying it's dope. Maybe in the future other classes will have something similar.

That being said.. I honestly don't like the fact that keys goes from 1 to 8. Unless you use a macro you will need to stop, tab, put the song, tab again, put another song and so on. Even if we have two shortcuts, the best results comes from "manual" imput.
    And i feel that even with a macro, you would still need a "gamer" mouse to use those keys. This is a fast paced game where support roles needs to be way more focus than annything, and if something goes wrong we might burn our resources. Imagine that with a class that basically ask you to have that kind of mouse to play it smootly.. You TAB and start to put the numbers for the songs, but you are rushed cuz someone is about to die or something so you pressed the wrong button or something, then wonder what happend and realize that and start putting again.. It's time lost and probably a dead ally.
    And yes, i know we have the chance to change the keys to the numerical pad on the side, but sadly, it's kinda the same (imo).

I really feel this class has so much potential, but my main issue it's the 1-8 in the songs and that most feats are basically "you need to play this songs manually to get the best of them".

Why not make a feat that let you put the songs in certain order and while you are in "perfomance" mode it plays them alone. Cuz let's be honest, it's not the same play 686686 slow than "AHHHH!!!!!!". It's like we go from "my music will inspire you in battle" to "you just need to mute sounds effects in battle, mate".

And let's be honest, need to stop and start putting songs manually it's like asking to die in some battles. Even with that "50% less dmg".

Again, mechanic looks fun, the class seems to have potential.. Just it feels it's aimed to certain ppl instead of all the players. Unless it's aimed for console, then i can kinda understand why it doesn't have "aim" powers and the 1-8.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    TBH, at first the Bard mechanic looks fun, but for real it kinda sucks. Just the need to "pause" everything you are doing to sing and heal or help your teammates and pray to not be interrupted is something weird. We know that in some dungeons we don't have time to stop and "focus", specially in a fast paced place, like TIC or Zariel, when every second and button pressed counts.

i don't know... I was specting something different, like holding the button to "sing" that power or something like Ranger powers, tab used to switch "stances" from fighter to singer and just simply use the power and let the song play...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Some of the combat powers aren't very smooth, and you get "caught" in them.

For example, at wills:
    Reprise (Melee) - fourfold attack. Immediately after the 1st and 3rd attack, you are "stuck" for a couple of moments, you can continue to attach smoothly with reprise, but you cannot walk, use shift to dodge, or change to a different attack.
    Damage is VERY low at 35 magnitude, could do with a modest boost (maybe to magnitude 40 or 50)

Fleche (single target) - appears to be a threefold attack - the third attack has a MUCH longer cast animation than the first two. This is frustrating and makes for a not smooth fighting style.
    The first and second attack, the attack appears to be in the middle of the animation, but due to being unable to move/cast the next attack until the end of the animation, perhaps not?

Encounter:
    Duet - hangs in the air at the end of the cast for a couple of moments (feels like a couple of seconds, but it probably isn't that long). Can the Matrix hang time be reduced?

I haven't come across any issues with any other encounter powers, but I'm only level 8 so far. I feel that the cooldowns are quite long, and could be shortened slightly.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    ye,, started a Bard, but wanted to re-do it, sooo now i cant choose Bard, its gone.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I took the opportunity to play test the bard and while it is a nice new class I noted a few things that look strange to me.
    • Several times during testing, the character moves but his feet don't giving a sliding on ice effect.
    • The shift key move makes him look like fricken Peter Pan. It is not my favorite animation.
    • Is he suppose suppose to pause in mid-air leap during his At-will?
    Like I said, they look odd to me.

Just killing time...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Yeah the dodge animation is out of place for this type of character... very un-bard-like
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Question 1:
    Are there plans for "rework" or "adjust" the other support classes?

I ask cuz Minstrel, as shown in videos, it's kinda "interesting". Can heal really good if you spend a LOT on it.. But my issue comes from it's buffs.
    Inspiration = 15% more dmg and 15% less dmg taken.
    Storyteller = Up to 15% more dmg from dps, 15% less dmg taken to tanks and 15% more healing from healers.
    So that alone it's 30% more dmg dealt from dps and more tankines for tanks.
    To that, let's add artifacts and mount combat powers that also buff the party and debuff the enemies. Even if its for 10 seconds. And eeeeeven if for some reason you decide to nerf those artifacts, combat powers or even the bard.. The bard will still be viable cuz has more to give.
    See my concern?
    This is just another loop of "looking for.." but with bard now. You just bringed back part of pre mod 16, and at this rate you are only creating another buff meta that only ONE class can do. I FEAR we will see less even healadins and soulweavers.

Question 2:
    I don't play dps so i don't know much about other classes, but are there plans for them too?

Same reasoning as before, bard will be a main pick instead of other dps.
    Even as dps, it can heal and give the healer extra resources every 30 seconds or help the tank get more aggro depending on feat. Can also give the Inspiration buffs + blaze flamenco + 5% extra from ballad colla voce. And the best part it's, they just need to be close for a moment.
    Even if two or more bards can't stack their buff, just a little communication can make a team that has 2 or more bards have buffs active pretty often while taking turns, which as you guessed it.. ITS THE BUFF META FROM PRE MOD 16.

Just imagine it, daily + feats + artifact + combat power, wait for it to end, the next bard goes in. Repeat every single time it's possible. Need to fill time? Make the non bards use artifacts and combat powers that can buff/debuff instead of one that can work with it's play style / build.

TLDR: Are you going to bring the other classes to the "new" meta you are creating?
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    The drop rate for insignia, via skill node and generic loot chests, needs to increase. As does the drop rate rate for collar bases. I have had one drop since they were introduced. I don't grind, So I like the change to legaccy campaigns and long grind campaigns like AI. Have never completed AI on any of 13 toons.
    I like that Knox and others are in the adventurers guild, but for lvl 80 Transfer toon to the new 20 max; Knox is still on the Dias. Hopefully on live He will be in the guild for my existent toons and not just the new characters.
  • dripdrop#6868 dripdrop Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    What about the maps with the mastercraft maps are associated with. Are they gonna be in a different zone now?
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User

theirs major issues with professions although i dont use them much no one will use them after this 'rework' unless u rework them to work again (you cant do the higher quality lvl tasks with a lvl 20 prof asset atm)

dont even get me started on why it was TOTALLY unnecessary to delete/vault content(removing the various costume options and titles that zones offered (which will HAMSTER some ppl off and not make anyone happy) to get people to play new content unless its going to be so god awful grindy that they would have played old areas by preference

the bard has basically been ready to go for like 3 years now....
    you should be able to 'maintain the note' like a GF block and move about using encounters not be locked into a mini game in middle of combat
    all i see happening is angering off a lot of current players particularly when they get 'nerfed to lvl 20' then they see how much grind they have to reach the new peak in terms of a year of grinding a hr a day to refine insignia's, new players wont notice much difference because they are new apart from when they ask for help their will be less vets around with free time/inclination to help and their will be less people that can talk them through the inevitable bugs and dead ends because they wont have run it

WHAT REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE INSTEAD OF PRETTY-MUCH ALL THIS is SOMEONE PROGRAM IN QUANTITATIVE EASING INTO Zen-AD EXCHANGE SO CRYPTIC AUTO-BUYS ORDERS TO BUY ZEN POSTED AT MAXIMUM PRICE

that would have increased your in game turnover 3 fold via people using zen to buy off zen store then people seeing them with zen items wanting a short cut and buying zen directly
    instead you tried to fix something that wasn't broken without considering all the things that needed to be changed if you where going to completely change the level system/the inevitable introducing of new bugs and reductions to quality of play and replay ability such changes ALWAYS bring, (even when people have 3 or 4 yrs of a game being offline to work on it it happens)

doing this RIGHT after completely changing combat system is not going to bring back the players your combat system changes caused to stop playing, it may well drive them off for good

ive probably spent $3,000 us or more on NW since the launch but i really feel like i wasted almost all of that, from my founders pack because 'their will never be lifetime option, because neverwinter will never be a subscription game' to my ranger, control wizard ext packs i bought access to have been literally deleted from game most of the ones that still remain claimable have no items that are any use in them and my fav part of game The Foundry and global chat channels with STO and CO have already been deleted, i see myself playing a lot more of cryptic's first game(everyone knows the one i mean but i cant say which game or post will get canned) in future
    for record along with the 1000s ive blown on game i have spent years siting in PE answering peoples questions, so u wont just be losing chances to sell me digital items you'll be losing a unpaid in game help desk

honestly since hell areas (that where nicely done) released this content team seems unable to make new content, (i guess thats why they went after foundry :P) it just deletes/vaults and recycles content without understanding how the initial balance worked (ie putting heroics into shandanar when map was never designed pop wise to have HE's and then keeping same pop cap of 10 split over 3 zones)
    or changing max level to 20 without changing profession tasks to work at lvl 20
    but well see maybe its bug free by launch and everyone enjoys having their levels reduced to 20, a bunch of old content removed while being placed on rails to level and i stay
    but really having seen how much has been cut away, the zone & instancing changes for no apparent reason apart from forcing people into a smaller number of zones to artificially inflate the games pop (right down to forcing people into high pop zones when they try to zone to a lower pop zone to fix server lag, highly annoying for people outside of USA)

all i see though right now is another train being prepared to go down the same tracks into the previous train wreck that was the combat rework and strapping a bard to the front of this one is only going to very temporarily cushion impact
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User

theirs major issues with professions although i dont use them much no one will use them after this 'rework' unless u rework them to work again (you cant do the higher quality lvl tasks with a lvl 20 prof asset atm)

dont even get me started on why it was TOTALLY unnecessary to delete/vault content(removing the various costume options and titles that zones offered (which will HAMSTER some ppl off and not make anyone happy) to get people to play new content unless its going to be so god awful grindy that they would have played old areas by preference

the bard has basically been ready to go for like 3 years now....
    you should be able to 'maintain the note' like a GF block and move about using encounters not be locked into a mini game in middle of combat
    all i see happening is angering off a lot of current players particularly when they get 'nerfed to lvl 20' then they see how much grind they have to reach the new peak in terms of a year of grinding a hr a day to refine insignia's, new players wont notice much difference because they are new apart from when they ask for help their will be less vets around with free time/inclination to help and their will be less people that can talk them through the inevitable bugs and dead ends because they wont have run it

WHAT REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE INSTEAD OF PRETTY-MUCH ALL THIS is SOMEONE PROGRAM IN QUANTITATIVE EASING INTO Zen-AD EXCHANGE SO CRYPTIC AUTO-BUYS ORDERS TO BUY ZEN POSTED AT MAXIMUM PRICE

that would have increased your in game turnover 3 fold via people using zen to buy off zen store then people seeing them with zen items wanting a short cut and buying zen directly
    instead you tried to fix something that wasn't broken without considering all the things that needed to be changed if you where going to completely change the level system/the inevitable introducing of new bugs and reductions to quality of play and replay ability such changes ALWAYS bring, (even when people have 3 or 4 yrs of a game being offline to work on it it happens)

doing this RIGHT after completely changing combat system is not going to bring back the players your combat system changes caused to stop playing, it may well drive them off for good

ive probably spent $3,000 us or more on NW since the launch but i really feel like i wasted almost all of that, from my founders pack because 'their will never be lifetime option, because neverwinter will never be a subscription game' to my ranger, control wizard ext packs i bought access to have been literally deleted from game most of the ones that still remain claimable have no items that are any use in them and my fav part of game The Foundry and global chat channels with STO and CO have already been deleted, i see myself playing a lot more of cryptic's first game(everyone knows the one i mean but i cant say which game or post will get canned) in future
    for record along with the 1000s ive blown on game i have spent years siting in PE answering peoples questions, so u wont just be losing chances to sell me digital items you'll be losing a unpaid in game help desk

honestly since hell areas (that where nicely done) released this content team seems unable to make new content, (i guess thats why they went after foundry :P) it just deletes/vaults and recycles content without understanding how the initial balance worked (ie putting heroics into shandanar when map was never designed pop wise to have HE's and then keeping same pop cap of 10 split over 3 zones)
    or changing max level to 20 without changing profession tasks to work at lvl 20
    but well see maybe its bug free by launch and everyone enjoys having their levels reduced to 20, a bunch of old content removed while being placed on rails to level and i stay
    but really having seen how much has been cut away, the zone & instancing changes for no apparent reason apart from forcing people into a smaller number of zones to artificially inflate the games pop (right down to forcing people into high pop zones when they try to zone to a lower pop zone to fix server lag, highly annoying for people outside of USA)

all i see though right now is another train being prepared to go down the same tracks into the previous train wreck that was the combat rework and strapping a bard to the front of this one is only going to very temporarily cushion impact

Umm OP, we are not being nerfed to level 20 as our stats are the EXACT SAME as they were before. Have you hopped onto Preview Shard and seen anything. I agree with the worries of Professions, but nerfing and grinding just doesn't make sense. Mythic Insignias are a chase item, as were mount collars, so that also is a moot point.
  • mmogamespace#9417 mmogamespace Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Bard on Tensor:

• snowolfe#3564 snowolfe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Cloaked Ascendency - Chapter 3. Go to Blacklake district?? Whowhatnow?
  • kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Cloaked Ascendency - Chapter 3. Go to Blacklake district?? Whowhatnow?

The regular black lake district was removed so that people would not feel a repeat of area content when they have to go back in later modules, such as Cloaked Ascendency.
  • nerone#4773 nerone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I noticed on the preview server that the Redeemed Citadel has changed and the npc that traded hunts is gone and it is no longer possible to trade Zariel's Favor for items not of milestone.
    How will they work after Avernus hunts? Will they be removed?
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

I noticed on the preview server that the Redeemed Citadel has changed and the npc that traded hunts is gone and it is no longer possible to trade Zariel's Favor for items not of milestone.

The preview server does not have Redeemed Citatel progression like the live server does.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • nerone#4773 nerone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

The preview server does not have Redeemed Citatel progression like the live server does.
    So is it just a preview server thing? Then will it always be available?
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    no Celestial Weapons (from Zariel) for bards in campaign shop