test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I feel like I returned at a horrible time, and yet I'm excited?

victorstillwatervictorstillwater Member Posts: 20 Arc User
So, I'm a level 70 Paladin, and I found out that the highest level now is 80, and I was told to start the Undermountain campaign for gear to increase my item levels enough to do more of the content I missed since taking a hiatus...

Then while asking for advice on how to get geared up, someone on Reddit told me I should wait for the leveling revamp to 20.... and to wait for free gear of some sort for my characters above 20?

I mean, this makes most of my characters friendlier to play now as I have most of the melee classes to at least 30, so I'm a little excited.

At the same time, I'm curious as to how this'll work in this more action-y game compared to the DDO game.

Anyway, maybe I'll just play now and see where it takes me so I can experience more of the campaigns I missed. :)

Comments

• xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    You should be excited, there has been alot of changes and improvements being made to rebuild the game, the game is changing and alot of it is for the better despite what a few vocal players would like you to believe.

Some nice changes that you may have already come across are the account wide reclaimable mounts and companions all the way upto mythic quality. A really nice improvement to help players who want to try another class.

A new mod has been announced so all of the doom and gloom players have started to come back with their "the end of Neverwinter" prophecies, but as a long time player I'm sure you have seen this all before and yet we are still here
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The new mod is, of course, coming at the expense of removing existing content again.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Honestly, I haven't played any of that content since I hit level 60, doubt many other players have either
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    You've got no idea how other players play the game or use the locations for RP etc. You're plastering everyone else with your own experience.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Same opinion as Xenocide. Heck, even when i created alts i didn't hitted most of those zones, just level enough to go to dungs or skirmish and level there.
    Removing this zones imo affects ppl that focus on craftings, and only cuz as for now i don't think the devs gave any info about what will happen to those materials.

The new changes ain't bad, but kinda sucks if every single time you create an alt you need to run all that content (maybe they will add a level 20 toon purchase) even if the rewards ain't bad (for now i saw a purple mount an a blue collar)

As for the "gear" they will give you for free.. Yeah, if you don't have gear or good gear, it will help you get started.

You can always go to the preview to check the future changes and see if it's best for you to wait till M21 or start playing and get ready or something.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I have been accused of showing a lack of empathy for people who like playing Neverwinter. I roleplay both online and with my friends at table top games. I enjoy Champions Online the best because they are not making vast ground breaking changes on the game. It is good the way it is, I think people get upset over change no matter what the reason.

What I find bad here is the removal of content. I personally don't care for the clutter the current game of Neverwinter has now. However instead of removal, they could have merged Drowned Shore with Blackdagger. Merged Reclamation Rock with Helm's Hold and this alone removes two maps. Players doing Elemental evil would see their enemies and new people would only need to see the bandits. This can be done because I see people in PE no one else can see there. If you are a rogue you see the hidden man, a warlock sees the warlock trainer. Merging modules would have upset fewer people.

I don't care for Vellosk but they are keeping it. I would basically put removal to a user vote and not just pull content because it makes your job easier. I see clearly how they plan to automate Neverwinter and put 90% of the work into the new Magic: Legends. After this you won't see much of any changes and they will allow this game to coast. Module 22 will most likely be "Return to Pirate's Skyhold" or some other module they vaulted.

Meanwhile you are more than welcome to join us on Champions Online, we have no backlog on our ZAX, you can play magic, science, or anything in between, and best of all level cap is level 40.

Just killing time...
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I can't say I'm 'excited' per se, but I am interested to see how M21 works when released.

Based on what I've seen on Preview so far the player experience will be a very mixed bag.

The Bard class will be an interesting twist on existing gameplay, encouraging veteran players to go through the OG campaign again with a new alt.

But I think the removal of overlapping OG zones in favor of keeping the less popular EE camgaign zones is a bad mistake. If I had to pick between Blackdagger Ruins or Drowned Shore, or Helm's Hold vs Reclamation Rock, its a no brainer for me. The OG zones have way more interest from an RPG and playthrough perspective.

Will I want to run my new Bard through the EE and AI campaigns? Sweet LORD no!