test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Max level 20?

madball#9056 madball Member Posts: 48 Arc User
How exactly is that going to work for new players as far as the PSN trophies? Are you going to rework the entire trophy list also? In case you forget, there are 4 trophies that would become unobtainable. Epic Hero - reach level 60. Generational - reach level 60 with 2 heroes. Legendary Hero - reach level 70. Double Legend - reach level 70 on 2 characters.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    They are about to gut the game and the first thing that comes to your mind are trophies?
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Some people are trophy hunters, just like some people dislike they can't get collections that have been removed from the game. Each their own, if I played on console and didn't already have the achieves, it'd likely bother me too.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    They are basically turning NW into a mobile style game for revenue purposes and the only way they can do that is by keeping people fixed on a goal and that requires a very short, straight path to get there.

All that said, this past week I started a new toon and levelled them to 80 because of the event and double XP and this is the thing. When you are levelling (under level 70) there is a fairly easy to follow path to level even if there are many different levelling zones and knowing your goal (to reach level 70/80) is pretty much all the motivation you really need.

The problem is what do you do when you reach level 70 and 80 because then the path is not so clear and if I was looking at this as a new player it could be overwhelming. How would I know to start UM which is the recommended thing to do when you reach 70 now in order to get better gear and reach level 80. You can wallow around in the legacy zones but the amount of XP they give and gear that really is not very good and would soon turn you off from the game because of things like time gates and so forth advancing becomes mind numbingly boring.

My guess is that they want to funnel people into UM as soon as possible to get them maxed out so they can do level 80 (current) content faster.
    Post edited by autumnwitch on
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    If trophies/achievements for an MMO are anything but an afterthought to you then you're playing the wrong kind of game.

Rewriting the lists is not something that occurs even in standard games, let alone an MMO for any reason outside of critical issues/emergencies.

This does not come close to being classified as an emergency.

They can however, simply use the trigger conditions for the unlocks as they are tied to Epic/Legendary Hero which doesn't need to be Lv60/70/80 etc. to be a thing.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    They already have the in game achievements tied to different levels, so it is at least one their mind.