test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.125.20210524a.2

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489283

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Well, when you remove coupons from the Protector's Jubilee event, then please improve the coupons we can still get from drops or invoking. We don't need a different coupon for every single HAMSTER ZEN shop category, i'd suggest to make them universal and increase their discount from 30% to 60% instead.

Perhaps someone should tell the ones in charge of NWO, that events are still one reason for players to return to the game after a break, but the way the game is changing these days, more former players might just ask themselves "Why even bother?"...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • daria#9021 daria Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Why no changes for heal warlocks just like Clerics and Paladins? They have the same issues with targeting and healing companions and a divinity regen taht could be buffed a bit.
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Protector’s Jubilee
    Coupons are no longer dropped or granted as part of the event rewards

Do you realize you removed the main reason to farm this event? Why I should even bother about it now?
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    this game is total HAMSTER you are giving me a reason to come back to ESO
  • firewind#5764 firewind Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    why you dont have collections unlocked before you loot the companion from shattered diamonds?

• pspoonpspoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

tvorez said:

- Mirage weapon powers have been reduced in strength.

Ah, as always. If players find any not so bad item, it become "reduced in strength" without any reason. More FUN for people! More spend time for nothing!

Moaners who complain about people with the Mirage set are now going to have to come up with a new excuse as to why they didn't come top on paingiver...
    Well, there will be a lot more people "moaning" about how something that was mind numbing to farm and upgrade, although what isn't in this game, may not even be worth using now. We'll have to see how much they nerfed them. The only way to avoid the relentless repetitive farming mechanic in this game is, of course, the zen store. And don't get me started on mounts, mount collars, and insignias.... The devs can nerf something that really wasn't game changing, but cant bother to fix a broken system that they have made essential to even play the latest mod....
  • metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The motto of this game should be something along the lines of 'Grind hard, Grind often. We need to know what to nerf.'
  • deathwatch#3050 deathwatch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nerfing Mirage set by 50% seems to be a bit much. Especially since that I heard there won't be a new weapon set in EP3.
  • vituszeelvituszeel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2021

Protector’s Jubilee

Do you realize you removed the main reason to farm this event? Why I should even bother about it now?
    I Agree - most of the events are no longer worth be part of... ...and there goes another one...
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Found the first bug - The Protector's Jubilee Garden is no longer accessible (to characters that have the key).

I don't know yet if it's just not letting me in, or something removed my key.

Additionally I would like to point you to the Summer Festival Water Battle bug, and can you please fix it before Summer Festival starts. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1261333/summer-festival-water-fight-items-have-gotten-their-powers-switched-up/p1
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    whats the point of doing Jubilee now?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    dillygirl said:

Found the first bug - The Protector's Jubilee Garden is no longer accessible (to characters that have the key).

I don't know yet if it's just not letting me in, or something removed my key.

Additionally I would like to point you to the Summer Festival Water Battle bug, and can you please fix it before Summer Festival starts. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1261333/summer-festival-water-fight-items-have-gotten-their-powers-switched-up/p1

Yes, my characters that had the keys years ago and were able to access for years cannot access the garden anymore.

@nitocris83
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I was only planning to come back to NW to farm jubilee for coupons, forget it now. Thanks NW devs.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Can the Crown of the Forest Transmute be fixed to work with Dragonborn? It's the only helm out of Sharandar that doesn't work for Dragonborn. The Crystal Crown transmure does work so not sure why the difference.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Can the Crown of the Forest Transmute be fixed to work with Dragonborn? It's the only helm out of Sharandar that doesn't work for Dragonborn. The Crystal Crown transmure does work so not sure why the difference.

Why do you assume its not a bug that the others DO work for lizardheads? :P

- bye bye -
    edited June 2021
    pspoon said:

armadeonx said:

tvorez said:

- Mirage weapon powers have been reduced in strength.

Ah, as always. If players find any not so bad item, it become "reduced in strength" without any reason. More FUN for people! More spend time for nothing!

Moaners who complain about people with the Mirage set are now going to have to come up with a new excuse as to why they didn't come top on paingiver...
    Well, there will be a lot more people "moaning" about how something that was mind numbing to farm and upgrade, although what isn't in this game, may not even be worth using now. We'll have to see how much they nerfed them. The only way to avoid the relentless repetitive farming mechanic in this game is, of course, the zen store. And don't get me started on mounts, mount collars, and insignias.... The devs can nerf something that really wasn't game changing, but cant bother to fix a broken system that they have made essential to even play the latest mod....
    Cmon. You cannot tell me that people that recently farmed mirage weapons (old as ballz) to use them instead of endgame weapons that were the mostly only reason to run specific content because they (mirage) were really OP and are SUPRISED that they are nerfed?
    Everybody knew that since the day some streamers released vids contemplating the odds the devs kicking weapon damage and leaving bonuses untouched.
    - bye bye -
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    what are you worrying so much about everything in module 21 https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489273-m21-overview-faq!

what are you worrying so much about everything in module 21 https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489273-m21-overview-faq!

"Certain former leveling adventure zones have been “vaulted”, meaning we’ve removed them from the leveling flow and access to players. Vaulted adventure zones may return at a later time in a different format."

Events!
    - bye bye -
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    To be fair, certain levelling zones have become completely unnecessary and entirely skippable (Vellosk being the most obvious).

They have no direct tie to any campaign & no boon points.

I do hope they keep areas like the Well of Dragons and Dread Ring as they still have a purpose.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Well, so where was the free bag from the Blacklake District main quest moved to?
    I was hoping the Sharandar Bounty rewards were a bit better after the patch too, but i'm still getting the same HAMSTER.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Nerfing Mirage set by 50% seems to be a bit much. Especially since that I heard there won't be a new weapon set in EP3.

This is how it always works, they either don't know how to subtly balance items or this is a strategy.
    regenerde said:

Well, when you remove coupons from the Protector's Jubilee event, then please improve the coupons we can still get from drops or invoking. We don't need a different coupon for every single HAMSTER ZEN shop category, i'd suggest to make them universal and increase their discount from 30% to 60% instead.

Perhaps someone should tell the ones in charge of NWO, that events are still one reason for players to return to the game after a break, but the way the game is changing these days, more former players might just ask themselves "Why even bother?"...

Add me into the list of people who are wondering "why even bother". Ive got Zen but cant even be bothered spending it during the sale. Not even going to bother renewing VIP as it will save me from having to log in once per day.
    vituszeel said:

Protector’s Jubilee

I Agree - most of the events are no longer worth be part of... ...and there goes another one...
    Yes, they are slowly removing the parts of the game that made it enjoyable.

Anyway, better get back to RDO