test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

June 2, a new class will be announced

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Paingiver only tells you who ate-up all the hitpoints (which are finite) first, not who is necessarily the most powerful.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

People should know it will never be balanced because players are not balanced. No matter what they do, someone will say it is not balanced. Everyone only see their own aspect/meaning of 'balance'. Always PVP vs PVE, DPS vs health/tank, DPS vs DPS, paragon vs paragon, new player vs old players, item level HAMSTER vs item level YYY, .... To make it 'balance', get rid of the scoreboard.

LOL. The HAMSTER in there was just X X X.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2021

A lot of games are great fun rn that are not balanced at all.
    Pure HDPS builds that are squishy, or lack AOE. AOE clearing builds that lack ST. Facetanks that lack mobility. That sort of thing.

This is called class balance. :) More precise strengh and weakness system. You have strengh in one stuffs, but you have a weakness, a flaw left on purpose to make sure your class would not be overpowered. Also due that you will seek other players in party, to either mitigate your weakness or improve your strengh.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    So? Where can we see this new class?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    > @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > This is called class balance. :) More precise strengh and weakness system. You have strengh in one stuffs, but you have a weakness, a flaw left on purpose to make sure your class would not be overpowered. Also due that you will seek other players in party, to either mitigate your weakness or improve your strengh.

Yeah. But not here. Here, it seems balanced means "all dps are equally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" or w/e. If not, pls nerf.
    Its depressing.
    - bye bye -
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Just another one of the long list of sucky decisions by cryptic .
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Well, I know a lot of folks will be happy with that choice, so I am happy for them
  • makula666#7056 makula666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

and probably not the last one
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

How, by picking one of the more popular classes? Most people wanted Bard and Druid (of the PHB core classes) with Monk coming in 3rd but quite a bit behind.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    https://www.ign.com/videos/neverwinter-bard-class-reveal-trailer

Not a peep about it on Arc News. How sad. :anguished:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    And it's a baby Bard.

Not sure if I should feel excited or meh.

Think I'm going with meh.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Well , he does use a sword as well as song . Will it be free ?
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Lute bash, piercing piccolo, lunging flute.....
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User

People should know it will never be balanced because players are not balanced. No matter what they do, someone will say it is not balanced. Always PVP vs PVE, DPS vs health/tank, DPS vs DPS, paragon vs paragon, new player vs old players, item level HAMSTER vs item level YYY, .... To make it 'balance', get rid of the scoreboard.

A lot of games are great fun rn that are not balanced at all.
    Pure HDPS builds that are squishy, or lack AOE. AOE clearing builds that lack ST. Facetanks that lack mobility. That sort of thing. Its not bad design, I would even say its part of what makes the game fun. (Especially with how many people enjoy playing niche builds that excel at something probably very dumb. Whole screen clear builds, stuff like that)

I second getting rid of the scoreboard, at the very least in leveling content and normal epic dungeons.
    I like the scoreboard, but perhaps a better use would be to only show your performance...since there are no prizes one can only look at the numbers and feel good or bad based on their belief in how they performed. After reaching l80 you should have a good idea of how to rea your numbers and know if your were more than barely adequate for your role.

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

Lute bash, piercing piccolo, lunging flute.....

You forgot one Viscous Mockery.

You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range. If the target can hear you (although it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4).
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    That is just a Trickster Rogue with a lute and the rapier skin on his weapon. Where is my artificer with gun? I am thinking this is a troll video, it has to be, someone at Cryptic has a sick sense of humor. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Looks bad as for me. :-1: Especially skills animations.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Guitar, Mask of Lurue...

El Kabong!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Seems a valorous bard one of the paths, I allways liked that kind of character in DnD.

I hope is a support with different mechanics than actual ones.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I find it odd, that there was not stronger promotion for this
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    As I guessed - a buff class. If it's strong enough ( which I'm guessing it will be initially) then it'll be a must-have on premades since they removed all decent group buffs from other classes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Yes, it was a hoax.
    It is June 3rd now and I have checked the official Neverwinter forum and News site and not a word about some new class.
    Definitely a hoax.
    geoffreys said:

It would seem from my media search this morning, this was an IGN exclusive. The announcement was "picked up" by other blogs after it was announced on IGN. Neverwinter Facebook commented 14 hours ago with a hyperlink to IGN, also stating the bard will be on Preview server for all players to test it. Neverwinter Reddit and NeverwinterGame Twitter also commented on it 14 hours ago, so they hit the pop media centers shortly after the IGN video release. That would suggest a deal was brokered with IGN. Since this is their first new class in 5 years, I too would expect more flare and fireworks.

However they don't desire to overshadow the upcoming release of the new game Magic: Legends which has been reviewed in pre-alpha testing by IGN. They certainly view the new game will be more important to financially promote than the new class in Neverwinter. Putting the bard class first, would be like General Motors promoting a new parts package for the 1974 Buick Century Grand Sport over the release of 2022 Chevrolet Camaro. That was only an analogy by the way, my best car was a Ford. :lol:
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Yes, it was a hoax.
    It is June 3rd now and I have checked the official Neverwinter forum and News site and not a word about some new class.
    Definitely a hoax.

It was on the official Neverwinter Facebook with a link to the article on IGN.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

my best car was a Ford. :lol:

you poor thing

1974 Ford Gran Torino

Hah, it was the only Ford I owned, but it ran from 1974 to 1996 when the airshock punched a hole in the trunk, it was time to get rid of the old girl. I couldn't sell it with good conscience knowing the body was giving out. I sold the Windsor 351 engine and transmission off to a friend and had the shell taken to the boneyard. Nothing lasts forever, but this car lasted me the longest.

ok let's get this train back on the tracks...

Anyone else planning to Preview Test the bard class? If you never been on Preview, it only requires you to and visit the webpage you will have the option to join the Preview shard. I will try it out this evening later after maintenance myself.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User

geoffreys said:

It would seem from my media search this morning, this was an IGN exclusive. The announcement was "picked up" by other blogs after it was announced on IGN. Neverwinter Facebook commented 14 hours ago with a hyperlink to IGN, also stating the bard will be on Preview server for all players to test it. Neverwinter Reddit and NeverwinterGame Twitter also commented on it 14 hours ago, so they hit the pop media centers shortly after the IGN video release. That would suggest a deal was brokered with IGN. Since this is their first new class in 5 years, I too would expect more flare and fireworks.

However they don't desire to overshadow the upcoming release of the new game Magic: Legends which has been reviewed in pre-alpha testing by IGN. They certainly view the new game will be more important to financially promote than the new class in Neverwinter. Putting the bard class first, would be like General Motors promoting a new parts package for the 1974 Buick Century Grand Sport over the release of 2022 Chevrolet Camaro. That was only an analogy by the way, my best car was a Ford. :lol:
    Gosh, I sure hope that they're not thinking Magic: Legends will be worth a lot of investment, I haven't seen much positive feedback for it from the die-hard Magic fans, let alone casual RPG players that have no background.
    I was really excited for it, to be fair, but then I started playing it and the excitement died down immediately.
    From the get-go, it was a hard to translate concept, so I'm not surprised of the many, many caveats that game has.

Anyway, yey bard, will look forward to trying it today, after work. It was done dirty about the lack of promotion, though, which is a shame.