test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

June 2, a new class will be announced

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
The announcement of the announcement was posted an hour ago in Facebook.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Henchman! Packbearer!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Maybe it will be called "long suffering player" and will rage quit in the middle of battles throwing you to the log-in screen.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    It will be a RNG race
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

It will be a RNG race

Damn! Not even a class. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    No. You get the new class, but it randomly rolls your race for it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Exactly. And the rolls of abilities are also RNG
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

greywynd said:

Exactly. And the rolls of abilities are also RNG
    It would be cool if every time you login, you get a different race and the bug is you get the same race every time. :)
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    It will obviously be the Artificer. This way we can get gun.

Just killing time...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    A few months ago, I made the prediction that "No matter which class they release, people will either love it or hate it - it's not going to be a '...meh...' class".

I now know which class it is, and had a chance to test it - I cannot comment on it or give any hints about whether I still consider my old prediction to be true, but, well, you'll see soon enough.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm gonna guess at a buff class. They love to make a new class overpowered and a must-have for all runs. Well for the first year or two til they nerf it into the ground for daring to be the way it was built...

Bard, Monk or Druid could fill such a role.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    No it is definitely Artificer with paths of Artillerist or Battle Smith. We already have Gond items and mounts in the game, so I really don't see the problem. I will choose the Artillerist path because they get to use Flamethrower... let me get my book and quote from it... The cannon exhales fire in an adjacent 15-foot cone that you designate. Each creature in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw against your spell save DC, taking 2d8 fire damage on a failed save or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire ignites any flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried.

When they put this in the game, I am going to make gun.

Just killing time...
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I cross my fingers for the Druid, one of my favorite D&D classes.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    was chatting about this in alliance yesterday much as i want a monk someone who has playtested the new class made a slip up on the yt vid his words have pretty much made everyone in alliance agree
    we predict sorcerer

Maybe the wizard

Did you miss the wizard on your first time through? It will be an Artificer with Gun. Make me a mech suit. Flamethrower. I already have the apparatus of Gond.

That reminds me, we will need our god Gond on the deity list, please and thank you.

Just killing time...
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    please let it be panda monk!!!!!
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    its gonna be the new developer class lol
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    They are announcing it during the Wonders of Gond event. It will be Artificer.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

They are announcing it during the Wonders of Gond event. It will be Artificer.

Gods, that would suck so much, I really hope not.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

The Bard.
    Main song: Swan song.

And the announcement is coming through IGN, instead of their own platform.

Swan song, indeed.
    I understand other game networks picking it up, spread the word to the masses and whatnot. I won't understand, if the Arc News has nothing on it the same day.

@cococya Artificer with gun and flamethrower, how would that suck? I am running in their mech tank already. Apparatus of Gond was introduced years ago. Before you say it belongs in Ebberon, please note the Artificers of Gond are nomads. The spellplague destroyed their home a long time ago and they are scattered throughout Faerun.

I am sure it won't be anything we expect. Probably something overpowered, with a limited time free window, and a must have bundle in the zen store. Maybe something like this?

Just killing time...
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @blargskull said:
    > Did you miss the wizard on your first time through? It will be an Artificer with Gun. Make me a mech suit. Flamethrower. I already have the apparatus of Gond.
    >
    > That reminds me, we will need our god Gond on the deity list, please and thank you.

That class is so broken I wouldn't call it a wizard, maybe an apprentice at best
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    From a development standpoint, Artificer makes sense as well. One of the big problems with introducing a new class this late in the game is creating new gear and weapons sets across content for the new class, and given the limited resources for the dev team, we know that isn't happening. Artificer allows you to short circuit that problem because of the Artificer's ability to "imbue" items; this would allow them to use equipment designed for other classes (and saves the devs from having to recreate old equipment and weapon sets for a new class) without really violating the "rules" of the Neverwinter/D&D universe.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    I have feeling that it will be Bard, which also will act as support( buff/debuff) as how Paladin and legacy templock where.

But in any case, I only wonder how properly it will be balanced compared to other classe, or will it happens how where with oath paladin. Which where OP for more than 5 modules.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    modlesie said:

I will say what I have been saying for several years - They should balance old classes befoer they will introduce new one :]

They've been doing nothin else but "balancing"
    The last time the game was fun, it wasn't balanced
    - bye bye -
    edited June 2021
    People should know it will never be balanced because players are not balanced. No matter what they do, someone will say it is not balanced. Everyone only see their own aspect/meaning of 'balance'. Always PVP vs PVE, DPS vs health/tank, DPS vs DPS, paragon vs paragon, new player vs old players, item level HAMSTER vs item level YYY, enchantment vs enchantment, augment pet vs fighting pet vs supporting pet, .... To make it 'balance', get rid of the scoreboard.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Everytime they 'balance' the classes they only nerf things and everyone gets weaker and weaker so I guess the logical conclusion is that if they keep 'balancing' long enough, it will end-up with no-one doing any damage at all. Then it will be finally balanced I suppose. :/
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

People should know it will never be balanced because players are not balanced. No matter what they do, someone will say it is not balanced. Always PVP vs PVE, DPS vs health/tank, DPS vs DPS, paragon vs paragon, new player vs old players, item level HAMSTER vs item level YYY, .... To make it 'balance', get rid of the scoreboard.

A lot of games are great fun rn that are not balanced at all.
    Pure HDPS builds that are squishy, or lack AOE. AOE clearing builds that lack ST. Facetanks that lack mobility. That sort of thing. Its not bad design, I would even say its part of what makes the game fun. (Especially with how many people enjoy playing niche builds that excel at something probably very dumb. Whole screen clear builds, stuff like that)

I second getting rid of the scoreboard, at the very least in lvling content and normal epic dungeons.
    - bye bye -