test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto clickers that are needed to craft if no new option is added because it is taxing the playerbase

corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
due to the lack of Sell all of ( item name ) option to sell all of a specific item like boots or rings for 34 silver we craft for gold and the Lack of invoke all that forces us to login to each and every character to invoke the first time since the first invoke does not drop any items it should not be an issue to make a 1 time per day invoke all button for all the alts ( the inventory full limitation could be removed but if it is an issue it can be ignored but the first invocation does not have that issue).

especially since the new Gond event is mainly related to crafting this change would have been really nice at this time... and it would set the grounds for future rework of crafting.

this is really physically taxing and can cause serious wrist nerve damage , I really hope there is a plan in the future to reduce the clicking involved to craft and sell items like a sell all ( of a specific item) button to sell the small rings or boots for gold or an invoke all button to invoke all our alts without having to go through all of them 1 by 1 this would avoid the temptation of using third party applications or bots which many have used , i avoid using them but honestly it is tempting not because i want to cheat or harm anyone but its because it is causing me and others physical pain.

A repetitive strain injury (RSI), sometimes referred to as repetitive stress injury, is a gradual buildup of damage to muscles, tendons, and nerves from repetitive motions. RSIs are common and may be caused by many different types of activities, including: using a computer mouse.

just so i show you that i am not joking and this is a real condition ... so please keep it for future plans this is really damaging our experience in game

Comments

• set#1564 set Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    yes yes of course with the bots they take advantage of it if they have made such a system and to avoid the bots that pray automatically,

I'm okay with just stacking things of the same type like shoes and more and the option sell all of that type of item.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    A lot of people really loved Gateway. It was removed and people lost it because people were abusing it with automation. There is absolutely zero chance any auto clicking is ever going to be put into the game. I can't help but think you are trolling anyway.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    For those who have RSI, they should avoid using mouse or minimize mouse usage. Hence, they should not play this game regardless if they want to do profession or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    /bind F11 "invoke $$ gotocharacterselect"

By pressing F11 you will now invoke and go to character select with one key press, you're welcome
    Invoke itself does not even involve mouse clicking.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    going to character select with mutiple select does
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

due to the lack of Sell all of ( item name ) option to sell all of a specific item like boots or rings for 34 silver we craft for gold and the Lack of invoke all that forces us to login to each and every character to invoke the first time since the first invoke does not drop any items it should not be an issue to make a 1 time per day invoke all button for all the alts ( the inventory full limitation could be removed but if it is an issue it can be ignored but the first invocation does not have that issue).

especially since the new Gond event is mainly related to crafting this change would have been really nice at this time... and it would set the grounds for future rework of crafting.

this is really physically taxing and can cause serious wrist nerve damage , I really hope there is a plan in the future to reduce the clicking involved to craft and sell items like a sell all ( of a specific item) button to sell the small rings or boots for gold or an invoke all button to invoke all our alts without having to go through all of them 1 by 1 this would avoid the temptation of using third party applications or bots which many have used , i avoid using them but honestly it is tempting not because i want to cheat or harm anyone but its because it is causing me and others physical pain.

A repetitive strain injury (RSI), sometimes referred to as repetitive stress injury, is a gradual buildup of damage to muscles, tendons, and nerves from repetitive motions. RSIs are common and may be caused by many different types of activities, including: using a computer mouse.

just so i show you that i am not joking and this is a real condition ... so please keep it for future plans this is really damaging our experience in game

From what I understand how you described, you use quick crafting feature.. Which also consume Workshop Morale.
    Now question, why you not use automated crafting?? Get resources, get enought gold for task, select Artisan, select tool/asset, click Craft and thats it.. Artisan will keep crafting as long there are available resources or you have enough gold and if there is space in Workshop.

As for invoke, the innitial goal for this feature where to reward person who play this game.. But lot of players quickly started exploit it with hordes of alts.

Instead adding bot or any automated way to invoke, I would rahter add so invoke timer would count only when players is online.
    So it would reward persons who actual play game. With that obviously quantity gains from invoke will goes down. But then it will be possible to properly balance it and add more/better rewards..

As long game relaying of massive alts, there is no solution.

Now @corazonxdx, since you have injury, have you though about using keybinds? I mean make keybind for invoke, like F9. Or any other you prefer. With this you will not need use mouse.

There are lot of way to automate via marco/keybinds. :) You should check out about it. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    You use the morale to make items in excess of the normal shop production. Me, I would like it if the quick crafting had the option to select how many to make. Another improvement would be if you could click and drag a group of items to sell to the vendor.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    If it was "my game" to give you permission to use third party software, I would. However, the defines of what 3rd party software is a very loose definition at best. Mouse drivers are not part of the basic game and not part of the OS, thus they are 3rd party software. If you bought a macro keyboard or macro mouse for gaming, is the driver 3rd party? Yes.

Can you be permanently banned for it? Yes. In fact, you can get banned anytime they desire without just cause. Many games run anti-cheat software (Easy Anti-Cheat) but they must visually declare it. By no means is Cryptic running any such software, this is one reason exploits/bots do run rampant in all their games.

Most anti-cheat software scans the memory for a footprint, just like a virus scanner. Some are easy to defeat, if your software is custom made, not something available to the public. Also running the game on Linux or in a Virtual Machine, you could tell the anti-cheat application "no cheats here" and be running it from the primary OS. If common macro keyboard and mouse drivers were included on their list, the game would quickly become unpopular to play.

My opinion is, anything that makes you pound the hell out of your mouse or a single key on the keyboard, just isn't worth playing. If I have to resort to making an auto-clicker to do any simple task, then I would seek other avenues or other games to play.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    The OP claims you need an auto clicker for professions. I never have any issue with professions. I don't hammer my mouse, maybe I am just use to the way I sell my items. It might be nice to have a "Sell All" button for each bag. I tend to be careful, right click the item and sell to avoid sales of the wrong item. To mass sell, I remap my mouse to the numeric keypad (Mouse Keys) and abuse it over buying a new mouse every month.

Also my husband just suggested you could use an old mouse with a broken left mouse button. Plug it into the PC, and swap the buttons left/right to abuse the right mouse button until it breaks. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited May 2021
    Talking about mice. This game killed 2 expensive gaming mice. I was not happy but not the game but the quality of those "expensive" mice. Then, I chose to buy cheaper gaming mice when it was on sale. I also bought 3 (Logitech G203) at the same time. 3 of them was the cheaper cost than one expensive gaming mouse I loss. I was hoping the life span of 3 'cheap' mice should be longer than the one they replaced. The idea was I would not out of mouse in the wrong time again.

That was 5 years ago. I am still using the first of the 3.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Talking about mice. This game killed 2 expensive gaming mice. I was not happy but not the game but the quality of those "expensive" mice. Then, I chose to buy cheaper gaming mice when it was on sale. I also bought 3 (Logitech G203) at the same time. 3 of them was the cheaper cost than one expensive gaming mouse I loss. I was hoping the life span of 3 'cheap' mice should be longer than the one they replaced. The idea was I would not out of mouse in the wrong time again.

That was 5 years ago. I am still using the first of the 3.

5 years...time flies. If this game were a kid it would be in the 3rd grade by now.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Side topic: My husband was testing some 3rd party drivers and we did find that JoyToKey (Joy2Key) is compatible with Neverwinter. We are not able to endorse this or speak for Cryptic Studios on this driver, but it will remap a cheap PS3 USB wired joystick to use the mouse and keyboard. You can find these console "retro controllers" for as little as $10 to $15. As for the driver, JoyToKey has 2 versions floating about on the internet. They currently have a $7 shareware version, however version 3.79 was freeware. For the gamer who prefers to use a PC gamepad, this might be a solution, unless Cryptic starts scanning our memory for which drivers we use.

I liked the original Guild Wars response to this topic. They take a rather unique stance on the whole subject. This is quotes from their official wiki;
    • Directly modifying the Guild Wars program files through any third party tools is completely unsupported by ArenaNet and NCsoft. If anything breaks, do not contact support for help; there's nothing they can do about it.
    • Modifications listed on this page may not have been tested, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By downloading one of the files below you acknowledge that you cannot hold ANYONE responsible for what happens to your game or account.
    Then the direct quotes;
    Emily Diehl - Program Developer states, "As a general rule of thumb, we don't mind if you do things like this to make your own playing experience more fun. Some people really like to mod, and we recognize that this can often be a valuable learning tool. When you're doing it, though, keep in mind that we ask that you don't use our content to mod other games. Please do not attempt to extract anything from your GW.dat with the intent to use it in a mod for another game or project. Also keep in mind that we can't support any changes you make.

In other words, if you try to make some changes and your game crashes, don't contact support because there really isn't anything they will be able to do for you. Make sure you have your disks handy to reinstall.

In case anyone was concerned about this reply, keep in mind that alterations that people make to their own .dat files will not affect the play experience of others. All of that important data is stored server side, so any changes that would be able to be made are purely cosmetic. For instance, if someone re-textures their sword to look like a gigantic pickle, they will be the only one to see this change. You won't start seeing people wielding pickle swords running around in random arena any time soon.

Also keep in mind that we are always interested to see what stuff you guys come up with. If you do something exceptionally cool that you feel would really benefit the community as a whole, don't be afraid to let us know about it.
    "

Gaile Gray - Community Manager states, "
    To all modders: It's important to note that the parameters concerning the use of third-party programs do still apply. We cannot condone the use of such programs, and we cannot support the accounts of those who may be negatively impacted in using such programs. That's called the "If it eats your hard drive and blows up your refrigerator, don't call us" policy.

Honestly, though, as previously stated, it is unlikely that we would actively pursue or action those who use such programs in a positive manner, that is, those whose only interest is creating benign mods of our games. Keep in mind that occasionally people get creative and might bring up the use of a harmless program to attempt to mask other harmful activities. We see that with other situations, such as where they say "But I was only using an alternative OS, why was I blocked?" and we discover they are using major bot programs.

If you feel that this creates a "mixed message," then I guess we should discuss that concern. I can understand where the strict "Don't do that" is clearer than "We can't say you can do that, but we won't take action if you do choose to do it." There are some cases where it's not black and white. One example that comes to mind is the use of emulators to play Guild Wars. We develop only for the PC, but others play on other systems and that's totally ok. However, if they develop difficulties, our Support Team is not available to help them resolve those issues. So we don't prohibit the alternative, we simply decline to support it.

What I want to say above all about this matter is that if you're going to mod, have fun, but do stick with the benign and positive uses of the programs and create mods that impact the game only in ways that are fun and harmless. If there's more information to share, I will do so as soon as it becomes available to me.
    "

As you can see, Guild Wars gave the players details about the shades of gray of right and wrong, but we don't have this kind of information detail on the Terms of Service for PWE/Cryptic. Auto clickers might get you banned here. Although my husband seriously doubts they have any detection software in place. The legal says they can nuke the account for whatever reason they make up at the moment. It is some basic legal speak for buyer beware.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User

From what I understand how you described, you use quick crafting feature.. Which also consume Workshop Morale.
    Now question, why you not use automated crafting?? Get resources, get enought gold for task, select Artisan, select tool/asset, click Craft and thats it.. Artisan will keep crafting as long there are available resources or you have enough gold and if there is space in Workshop.

As for invoke, the innitial goal for this feature where to reward person who play this game.. But lot of players quickly started exploit it with hordes of alts.

Instead adding bot or any automated way to invoke, I would rahter add so invoke timer would count only when players is online.
    So it would reward persons who actual play game. With that obviously quantity gains from invoke will goes down. But then it will be possible to properly balance it and add more/better rewards..

Now @corazonxdx, since you have injury, have you though about using keybinds? I mean make keybind for invoke, like F9. Or any other you prefer. With this you will not need use mouse.

There are lot of way to automate via marco/keybinds. :) You should check out about it. :)
    you know that even macros and key binds are against the terms of service right?
    edited June 2021

you know that even macros and key binds are against the terms of service right?
    key binds (in terms of in game key bind) is not against the terms of service because this game supports that feature. "/bind" is part of this game's command. It is not a 3rd party software.

For invoke, I type 'ctrl-I'. I don't know how to use mouse to do invoke but that is a different story.