test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shared Refinement Points

nheffs#7283 nheffs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
After looking my bank and saw that it's possible to share some currencies between our characters, such as:
  • Astral Diamonds
  • Gold
  • Trade Bars
  • Companion Upgrade Tokens
  • Mount Upgrade Tokens
  • Insignia Powder
And then I realized that we cannot share Refinement Points, and if you think of it, it doesn't make any sense, because we can share Insignia Powder to refine insignias and collars, but can't share refinement points to refine all other stuff. It could be such a helpfull implement that would beneficiate most of our comunity.

Post edited by nheffs#7283 on

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I agree with this post 💯%
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You can share refinement. Move the gems to whichever character needs to mulch them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    It would just be better to remove that and make those currencies account-wide, but I guess this one is way easier to implement. Moving gems is an option; for me I never bother with that ever since they updated refinement system.

Note, that idea was presented in the past if I'm not mistaken, during one of cdp's. I hope to see at least some of it come to life though.
  • nheffs#7283 nheffs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > You can share refinement. Move the gems to whichever character needs to mulch them.

Yeah, but the point is share the refinement points that you have already have on your character, not the gems.
    Don't mulch them where you don't want the RP parked.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I'm just amazed they finally added the ability to move AD around after so long of just being gold.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

I'm just amazed they finally added the ability to move AD around after so long of just being gold.

There was way (using Zax) to move AD between character within an account before they implemented that through shared bank. So, they did not exactly free a constraint.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Can you also ask them to do:

In addition, the currency column should be divided into 2 columns if the bank inventory is expanded.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Their reason for not doing it, according to the devs, is because they can not differentiate what rp source comes as character bound, account bound or unbound. And they don't want the character bound rp to be able to be shared, yes it would be easy to just make all rp unbound, but could mess up coding if they tried to do it.
    Post edited by rickcase276 on
    edited May 2021

Their reason for not doing it, according to the devs, is because they can not differentiate what rp comes as character bound, account bound or unbound. And they don't want the character bound rp to be able to be shared, yes it would be easy to just make all rp unbound, but could mess up coding if they tried to do it.

The RP referred in this thread is about those RP which are in the wallet. It is just an number like gold in the wallet. It is not an item.
    All of them are character bound. There is no bound to account (at the moment) or unbound once they are in the wallet.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    You are correct. Once it is in the wallet, it is all bound to character.
    I corrected my post to say rp source, which can be of any of the 3 binding statuses. The devs said they don't want rp that came from a character bound source when it was converted to be account shared, and the system does not differentiate what original source it came from.

I corrected my post to say rp source, which can be of any of the 3 binding statuses. The devs said they don't want rp that came from a character bound source when it was converted to be account shared, and the system does not differentiate what original source it came from.

I believe what people in this thread wants is to shared the RP regardless where the RP source was just like gold/insignia dust/etc which do not care if the source of the gold/insignia dust was bound or not.
    Doesn't change the reasoning why Cryptic has said they won't do it.
    I don't think they need to give any reason for not doing it. It is always better that way.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Their reason for not doing it, according to the devs, is because they can not differentiate what rp source comes as character bound, account bound or unbound. And they don't want the character bound rp to be able to be shared, yes it would be easy to just make all rp unbound, but could mess up coding if they tried to do it.

That really doesn't make sense since character bound insignia can be converted and put in the shared bank... Or maybe I should have not pointed that out :D
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    Gold is bound?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

That really doesn't make sense since character bound insignia can be converted and put in the shared bank... Or maybe I should have not pointed that out :D
    how do you do that?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

how do you do that?
    He means character bound insignia can be converted to insignia powder which can be moved to shared bank.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    This is a great QoL suggestion
    +1

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

how do you do that?
    He means character bound insignia can be converted to insignia powder which can be moved to shared bank.
    ooh gotcha - I thought he was saying there was a way to unbind insignias!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • set#1564 set Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It would also be nice to be able to move seals you don't use on other companions