test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mob AoE's move, still.

bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
There are still a number of creatures out there(various scorpions, nalfshnee, LostMauth the Dragon) where their line/cone AoE attacks move with the target, when they should not. This has been an issue since the combat rework, reported during the preview of it in fact, and although there was a brief message in patch notes that this problem had been fixed, this is CLEARLY not the case. Please fix this issue.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Another month goes by and this is still a major problem for many creatures, dungeon bosses included. Is this going to be fixed? because its a very large part of gameplay. Almost every creature in sharandar that has an attack of this type(Fomorians, Hags, Cyclops, Trolls etc) are part of this. Again, i ask you to please fix this issue.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    I'll add Demogorgon to the list, almost perma red zone behind boss (1st and 3rd phase)
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea I've noticed on the odd occasion I'm healing the tank in phase 1 when I move around the red follows me wherever I go.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    But the golems in VotS was fixed! /sarcasm
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Speaking of VoS bosses, I would be willing to wager money that if they fixed this problem, it would also fix the issue with The Prince of Frost.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This issue was originally escalated when the first post was made on the forums. I'll bring it up again during this week's report to see if there's a status update.
    Stormcallers, the blue Dragon Cultists with the electric shield.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Deathlock Wights, Flamespikers, Yuan Ti Dancers, Plaguechanged Maws, Princes of Frost, Forest Behemoths ...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    this is so game breaking it should be fixed right away, the fact its happening I bet future content will have it also , kind of sad
    No. They'll fix it. Then in future content they'll break it again.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I thought the red zone was always moving in the past in the old content. I got used to it and thought it was normal.
    e.g. the Stormcallers in GWD.

When it was 'fixed', how was it 'fixed'? What they 'fixed' might not be what you think they should be fixed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    End of maze in vos, if a warlock taps one of the 3 golem before platform at a distance and shadow slips, all three golem slide right up to the warlock gliding around with the red cone following whether running back or circles untill it hits, just a new combat rework mechanic I guess.

I thought the red zone was always moving in the past in the old content. I got used to it and thought it was normal.

When it was 'fixed', how was it 'fixed'? What they 'fixed' might not be what you think they should be fixed.

Once a splat zone is laid down, that is where the attack is supposed to go. It is a warning to get out of the way. Not much purpose in getting out of the way if the splat zone follows you.

Can add Gorgons to the mix. At least the one in the Stronghold.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    greywynd said:

Once a splat zone is laid down, that is where the attack is supposed to go. It is a warning to get out of the way. Not much purpose in getting out of the way if the splat zone follows you.

Can add Gorgons to the mix. At least the one in the Stronghold.
    May be but the red zone has been moving since ancient time. For me, it is not about telling me the final area because it was not doing that (WAI or not) but telling me a big hit is coming. Hence, I dodge later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea but it's telling you where the hit is coming as well, and if it's moving around it's not telling you that.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    Any update on this? Another month has come and gone, another episode of sharandar has been released, but this bug persists. In fact, it can be argued that it is now Worse with the release of e3, with the heavy use of the Shambling Mounds. These creatures seem to be the worst offenders, and they are everywhere in the Mire, to the point that an entire small heroic encounter use's this monster template, and every single one of them moves during AoE's that should not permit that. Please don't forget about this Bug.
    So another month goes by and this is still an issue. Any updates or fixes? There seems to be new mobs that acquire this particular bug after every single patch you guys perform. So is there any chance of this being fixed by mod 21? This is a mod that is supposed to improve QoL and streamline things. Besides the bard, does it really have anything besides supposed fixes?
    7 Months we are still waiting for a fix for this issue, but you "fixed" the rings of air and darkness pretty quick. Why? Please do respond, as although this repeated posting is tiresome, the problem won't go away until your team provides a fix.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

So another month goes by and this is still an issue. Any updates or fixes? There seems to be new mobs that acquire this particular bug after every single patch you guys perform. So is there any chance of this being fixed by mod 21? This is a mod that is supposed to improve QoL and streamline things. Besides the bard, does it really have anything besides supposed fixes?
    7 Months we are still waiting for a fix for this issue, but you "fixed" the rings of air and darkness pretty quick. Why? Please do respond, as although this repeated posting is tiresome, the problem won't go away until your team provides a fix.

Hey man, I totally get where you're coming from and how you feel about this. I've been personally waiting for them to fix bugs that are YEARS old and they seem to be more focused on making the top 1%s happy than the overall community. Maybe I can try something from my end, maybe not.

What are the adds that you see that are still being affected by this? I kinda wanna go play around with them and see if I can give devs more info if they'll listen to me.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I can confirm that some adds are still having this happen. Hati for example is one that I noticed acting differently than normal. I was tanking Hati and she rarely ever targeted me with any of her AOEs. They looked like they shifted, but I could be mistaken. Can anyone else confirm?