test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VoS rings obtainability

gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
Since only a few of the rings are useful (for me it is 2 or 3 out of 18), there should be a way to get the specific one you want. This could be similar to tomm or zc where if your luck is miserable, you buy the weapons for currency after a certain number of runs. As it is, there are people with 5-10 copies of every useless ring, and not a single copy of the one they need, after hundreds of runs.

Comments

• horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    all this makes me laugh such a game and really frustrating and ridiculous congratulations to the programmers and whoever created the system.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

Maybe change the rings to ''bind on equip'' ..so that we can buy the ring we want from auction house ? Same happened with Valenhas rings 'ring of the overwhelming','ring of the brutal fiend' and 'ring of the fallen power' ....

I've got no idea why these ones aren't like the others tbh other than they want people to grind endlessly.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I went in their dozens of times and only got 4 legendary rings. Of course, useless ones.
    I have a Paladin tank/healer and a Mage, so I have all roles but none of the rings I got are useful to them.
    Why can't we get a chest which allows us to pick one ring of our choice like in the Gith campaign? That was a nice reward!
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User

I am against making VoS rings salable. First all rings are "usable", but for the different constructions that the game allows for the different classes. Second, there are already problems regarding the excess of AD on the part of the players and that would still kill content like ToMM, since their only attraction is the sale of these rings, believe me, they even have a good price at AH.

Making the rings sellable on AH would not make any "excess of AD" problems worse, it would only improve them since AD would be removed via the tax.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I created a thread on drop and rng issues and its not viewable by others on the forums anymore, just myself. So good luck, after 900 rerolls I got 10 leg rings now with 4 being duplicates and all are unusable by my class.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

Maybe change the rings to ''bind on equip'' ..so that we can buy the ring we want from auction house ? Same happened with Valenhas rings 'ring of the overwhelming','ring of the brutal fiend' and 'ring of the fallen power' ....

Vos is available for anyone with 40k TIL. Nothing prevents you from going and getting the ring by yourself.
    If you think that the difficulty level is the same as killing a mobs in avernus, you should have no problem with it.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Did vos 2 times and I’m done. I know there is no way I will get that 1 ring on my tank that is good for trials ( which is dead now)

Why should I run vos without sellable rings? The gear is.. I’m already caped in awareness and get tradebars faster elsewhere. I’m fine with 53k item lvl without the rings. Sucks for the dps mains though
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    This would only make the new players skip stages and kill some of the old content and we would go back to the problem of old content being easily forgotten and making the scale clueless. I disagree with rng and I feel for the ring that some are trying not to fall so far, but the arguments presented here are meaningless.
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > This would only make the new players skip stages and kill some of the old content and we would go back to the problem of old content being easily forgotten and making the scale clueless. I disagree with rng and I feel for the ring that some are trying not to fall so far, but the arguments presented here are meaningless.

I don’t really know the solution, but this is not wow where the whole group can roll for the loot, we are stuck/ discarding rings that other players in our group needs. There should be 1 chest with rings that the group leader can hand out to the player that needs it?

I’m not going to farm this rings, and you are concerned about the old content? What about the new content.
    In chult, many had difficulties in winning the long-dreamed ring they were looking for, some managed via loot that was sold, but the ring like the one from Fane of Serpent was pure RNG, and believe me if you want I spent 1 year and 1 month to get this ring , even with 3 characters doing this quest every week. I had several other +5 rings that in the end became a guild mark, while I dreamed of specifically Fane's. The RNG of this game is horrible and I'm sure it expels many players from the game, as well as it doesn't make it more P2W than it has been getting lately.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I hate the attitude, if you don't like the dungeon, you do not deserve anything from it.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

I hate the attitude, if you don't like the dungeon, you do not deserve anything from it.

Why ? It's ok. But people who're playing "that" dungeon on a regular basis should earn some AD by selling stuffs. IMO, in this game everything should be sellable. That would be AD sink and with new mod, well... Anyway they nerf mostly everything with new mod.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    mushellka said:

You might as well want weapon from tomm and zariel to be sold on ah. Well, why not?
    After all, there are players who don't do tomm/ zariel but need a weapon . . .
    If you don't like it, there's no obligation to do vos. Just, you won't have a rings.
    You will also do the rest of the game content without them.
    I hate the "give me cause I deserve it" attitude.

The difference is the weapons from TOMM/Zariel can be bought from a vendor after you've done x amount of runs. There's no way of obtaining the rings except by pure chance. I don't care if they can be sold on the ah or not but I would really like a way to acquire them that isn't based solely on luck. Either adding a boss drop like the dash of hope/golden apple that lets you buy them from the campaign store or a scroll type drop you get for every complete that you can then trade at a vendor would remove a lot of the frustration people are having.

kharkov58 said:

I don't like zen market. Can I get a golden companion pack? After all, I suppose I deserves it, just as much as those who bought it for themselves? :)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    No, but you can buy the contents of one from the auction house from someone who did buy with zen. I would think people running vos would like to make extra AD from +5 rings they don't need - the good rings would sell for A LOT of AD...

Failing that, I think the chests should offer a choice pack for whatever rank of ring the player obtained; e.g. a +5 choice, +4 choice etc.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    mushellka said:

You might as well want weapon from tomm and zariel to be sold on ah. Well, why not?
    After all, there are players who don't do tomm/ zariel but need a weapon . . .
    If you don't like it, there's no obligation to do vos. Just, you won't have a rings.
    You will also do the rest of the game content without them.
    I hate the "give me cause I deserve it" attitude.

Well yes, I'd prefer for those weapons to be sellable on AH as well. But it's not an issue there, because worst case you'll just get them from the store after 40 runs. As opposed to the rings, which you may simply never get. This thread is not to discuss whether or not someone deserves the rings, but to point out the obviously flawed reward design in this dungeon.
  • hayyyyahayyyya Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Make a Reward System at some point it just gets Tedious to farm, if its not sellable then make it at least Rewarding if you make 20 runs u can chose one of the legendarys u want with a Scroll system.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I dont understand why people have problems with items being BoE.

If you are a paying customer, you should be OK with this option
    If you dont pay, you should be OK with this option, someone must pay the bills so you can keep playing for free.

Players who have time but no money farm the items (they pay with time)
    Players who have money but less time pay real money for the items. (they pay with money)
    The zax works much better because AD are desirable to buy farmed items
    AH removes 10% of the currency in lots of transactions

Is the base of the NW free to play model, and it worked well when the game released, and more, until they started to make everything bound except the zen items.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    armadeonx said:

No, but you can buy the contents of one from the auction house from someone who did buy with zen. I would think people running vos would like to make extra AD from +5 rings they don't need - the good rings would sell for A LOT of AD...

Failing that, I think the chests should offer a choice pack for whatever rank of ring the player obtained; e.g. a +5 choice, +4 choice etc.

It requires a lot of luck to get a good ring.
    The other rings drop repeats several times, so if you want to sell them, they price would soon drop to 10-15k AD.
    Do you really think I'll be satisfied with that kind of earnings?

No, in no way should there be a chest with a ring selection. The only fair solution is a similar currency as on the trials, with which you can buy it.
  • plushleaf#2109 plushleaf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    mushellka take a look at ToMM rings. For the best ones price is STILL around 1-2, or even 3m AD.
    Why it would be different for VoS rings? Why it bothers you so much if they would be BoA? What would you lose on that?

And yes, I agree that should be for example ring choice pack after multiple runs. 40? 50? Whatever, but should be option after so many runs to at least but from campaign store what you really want. I believe you don't know even one person who made 200+ or even 300+ runs, and got multiple different rings, but not the ones they want? It is actually frustrating. Also frustrating is the fact, when you farm ring for your friend and EVERYONE in the group drops his dream ring, but not him.
    And as much I loved VoS when it came out, I just can't look at this anymore.

+ comparing ToMM/Zariel to rings from VoS is totally wrong. In worst case scenario you just need to do 40 runs. And that's it. You have everything what you wanted.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

I think you're either misrepresenting or misunderstanding the "attitude."

It's not about "deserves."

This is a game with a social aspect to it. There is a literal freaking auction house in the middle of Protector's Enclave.

The idea that things shouldn't be available for sale is pretty much counter to the point of the entire game.

Don't get me wrong. I spent a week running a hundred runs of Dread Ring before I realized I could buy Enchantment Stones at the Auction House. I was new. It still irritates me that you can choose to buy stones rather than play for them. But...that's the game we're logging in to play/ Getting mad at someone or pretending they have a sense of entitlement because they're trying to play the game the way it's been designed just doesn't make sense.
    Do not quote ZAX here, because it is a contradictory argument. Funny that the same ones that comment to release the sale of all items are the ones that complain about having spent a lot of time in campaigns to have insignificant boons that can be easily dodged by the new players.

On the idea of meritocracy in the loots, I am in favor, since it reduces in part the RNG, the great villain of the game.

mushellka take a look at ToMM rings. For the best ones price is STILL around 1-2, or even 3m AD.
    Why it would be different for VoS rings? Why it bothers you so much if they would be BoA? What would you lose on that?

And yes, I agree that should be for example ring choice pack after multiple runs. 40? 50? Whatever, but should be option after so many runs to at least but from campaign store what you really want. I believe you don't know even one person who made 200+ or even 300+ runs, and got multiple different rings, but not the ones they want? It is actually frustrating. Also frustrating is the fact, when you farm ring for your friend and EVERYONE in the group drops his dream ring, but not him.
    And as much I loved VoS when it came out, I just can't look at this anymore.

+ comparing ToMM/Zariel to rings from VoS is totally wrong. In worst case scenario you just need to do 40 runs. And that's it. You have everything what you wanted.

RNG hates me as much as I hate him.
    I've run out of re-rolls on my main character, so I have to open a chest on another one or pay for reroll.
    I also think it's a total swindle to set the drop at such ridiculously low level and in such idiotic way. I got several copies of one ring, not one I need.
    But I still haven't received my dream ring.
    On the other hand, I will feel totally cheated if they allow them to be sold on ah.
    You know why? Because I spent more on rerolls than this ring will ever be worth.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    @chaderickrax, perhaps you misunderstood my post. The phrase "I hate the attitude" means I am opposed to it. Items gotten as loot in the game should be sell-able in the auction house. Unfortunately, there is a significant faction of players who do not believe the rest of us deserve to be able to obtain the best equipment.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    kharkov58 said:

... if you don't like the dungeon, you do not deserve anything from it.

Agreed. You must prove that you're worth for that exclusive loot. Work your character, upgrade then with the same wasting energy you used to post complaints after complaints in this forums, and open these new possibilities, to make it better and better to keep you in the top.

Also, I'm against to turn VoS rings sellable. Yes, the legendary rings RNG is the worst, but selling BiS rings in AH, is even worse than kissing a mother-in-law. The game have so much AD, so these billionaire players need to spent some to grab a better roll; in VoS case, a legendary ring.
    2fv72Fw.png
This discussion has been closed.