test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typos - Should We Post?

I just saw a thread on here about a typo in Vellosk, and it made me wonder - Is this something the design team is interested in?

I ask because, since starting Neverwinter in December, I have played through and enjoy most of the Legacy Campaigns and Undermountain. But since starting Sharandar, I have been STUNNED by the number of typos. The one that stands out most recently was being told to go kill some "soldires" instead of "soldiers."

On one hand, these typos are minor, but they break immersion and I have encountered as many in Sharandar as I have throughout the rest of Neverwinter combined.

Should we report these typos, like a second layer of editing? Or is that not a good use of time?

I played through with my dwarven fighter on PS4, but pretty soon I'll be starting against an elf rogue on PC...everything will be new again, and I can keep an eye out if it's warranted.

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    They don't care, even if it is somewhere in the FACE of the design - it will still take years.
    Forum threads..huh. But you can still enjoy in-game tickets, the answers are very satisfying: "we're very sorry, we understand how annoying this bug can be, but can you just ignore it, please?"
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah, technically it should be reported in the bug section. Realistically, they probably won't do anything about it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Thanks, both of you guys. It's a nagging annoyance in the latest module, but I don't want to scream into an abyss, either!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey @chaderickrax#3780 ! We always encourage reporting of typos but fixing them often gets reprioritized for larger issues.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Hey @chaderickrax#3780 ! We always encourage reporting of typos but fixing them often gets reprioritized for larger issues.

The quest description of one of the bounty tasks in Sharandar, I forgot which one, has "int" instead of "inside". Looks like someone in the dev team got confused between quest programming and quest writing lol 😆
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Hey @chaderickrax#3780 ! We always encourage reporting of typos but fixing them often gets reprioritized for larger issues.

Correcting a typo should take a few minutes, surely? I mean, it's not like we see them fixing loads of larger issues either - the only ones that get that level of priority treatment are those that cost Cryptic money and those are very infrequent.

On the upside, we've seen how fast Cryptic CAN fix issues when the will is there...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

Thank you! And, understood!