test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment tooltips messy for no reason

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
Is there any reason why the tooltips on the enchantments can't group the defensive and offensive stats together? They're always split randomly so that you have to search to find them, it's messy, annoying and takes unneeded effort to look through every entry just to find what you're wanting to see. Why can't they just have the stats grouped in one spot so you can glance at it and see them easily? This has bugged me for a long time, thought I would suggest it here. Here's two examples.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I know how you feel . I won’t hold my breath though . There’s still so many hamstered up tool tips out there I can’t see them fixing any of them .
    Pretty sure games on auto pilot atm
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I agree, Neverwinter tooltips in general are a big problem due to inaccuracies so much so that many people don't trust them anymore and don't expect them ever to be what they are intended to be, which is accurate information you can rely on. And that is just sad, that people have given up on ever having them do what they're supposed to do - give you info you can trust. The way I see it, they really are the face of the game, like a storefront window in a way, and that they are given so little attention and have so many errors is pretty disgraceful. But yea, sad that people have stopped expecting them to ever work properly seeing how simple the problem is. It's only text ffs, not complicated code which affects other things and has to be thought through. Just basic bog-standard data entry. Apparently done by someone who's not concentrating. But I wanted to post this because it really irks me to my core that when I'm looking for an enchant for a particular slot, I have to sift through a muddled bunch of stats and pick them out and often don't see them straight away, it's eye and brain strain for no reason. Whoever enters the text for them really needs to get their backside into gear and put them in order so if you want say an offense enchant for an offense slot (which is how people choose an enchant and why they look up the tooltip in the first place, to fill one single type of slot they need to fill, that's what they're looking for the info for), you just look for the first "offense" word you see and they're all there in one lump and you can decide if the stats are what you need in one glance. Because there's so many stat combos in enchants, you're often looking up lots of them at the same time and comparing each of them to the others and the way it's done right now is just a headache. It would be such an easy fix by designating one person to go through them all and redo them in one go and make such a difference for the players, it's just a matter of the will to do it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    It will be fixed in 2035. I hope they ABC classes(eg AH) someday.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪