test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Action Point Gain: How can I get the highest AP gain possible?

oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
So I had the idea of farming the Fey Weapon Set from RD having liked the HEs and so on and already getting the Mirage - I thought I'd farm the other weapons for fun - and it was no surprise at all the the Fey Set was also quite excellent! I'm now in the process of farming the other sets - each one must be exciting in it's scope!

For instance, Fey seems most suitable for healers - it has a 6% healing in addition to %3 damage and 10% AP gain - but all the same it worked nice as an AP booster on my Ranger - the bar filled quite well - and I now am in the process of building a super fast AP regen - but a lotta the info on AP gain is outdated! I was browsing around, some people were mentioning Sprites, others Armor Kits (what?!) and recently the nerfed Artificer's Persuation - none of them were possible - ! - But I also found Flail Snails! a %5 boost - and - my most recently Hellpit inspired idea - overloads - and ultimately I aim to have a regen as fast as Hellish Regeneration ! Which is why I turned to you guys! My friends and expert players who would no doubt know all the best ways to gain AP and piles of it!

Can you guys help me by recommending anything u know that generates AP - like Artifacts, Gear, Companions, Mounts, Enchants/Runestones/Insignias - anything at all - so I can increase my AP gen like a Hellfire regen?! Thanks in advance! L8ER!

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Envenomed Journal/DC Sigil, Burning Set, Snail, AP Collar, Overloads, Peaty Elixir, Ability Scores, Boons asf
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea the DC sigil gives 15% once a minute when mythic, it was better when it gave 100% before the nerf but it's still a source.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Lathander's Dew
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Forgot to add AP gain Shirt/Pants. If you're aiming to pop up daily and refill AP bar every 20 sec, then just find out the correct ways to generate an AP in you class.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    What shirt gives AP gain - I have pants that have it - but IDK what shirt has it - can someone post the shirt - thanks!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Pant of the Advisor/Diviner.
    Infernal Forged Assault Shirt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thanks! I got a few pants - but Infernal Forge was pointed out to me by my friend - and now you! So I guess it's the only one we know - anyway - Just to recap - AP Gain is incredible like the recent Hellpit's Regen demonstrated - but to get it up that fast is a tough job - I got the Fey Set from RD - which has a pretty decent AP Gain Buff - but I need to work on the Artifacts + Flail Snail as well as any potions/food available - IDK if dew of Lathander is available anymore, and I don't think I've seen the Peaty Elixir! Thanks for your help! L8ER!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

Thanks! I got a few pants - but Infernal Forge was pointed out to me by my friend - and now you! So I guess it's the only one we know - anyway - Just to recap - AP Gain is incredible like the recent Hellpit's Regen demonstrated - but to get it up that fast is a tough job - I got the Fey Set from RD - which has a pretty decent AP Gain Buff - but I need to work on the Artifacts + Flail Snail as well as any potions/food available - IDK if dew of Lathander is available anymore, and I don't think I've seen the Peaty Elixir! Thanks for your help! L8ER!

Lathander's dew is from Dungeon master event which I don't think they get rid of it. It can also be dropped from Pinata.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    You can find loads of Lathanders Dew in the AH.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

You can find loads of Lathanders Dew in the AH.

All past their expiration dates :D
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

I don't think I've seen the Peaty Elixir!

typo Vault of Piety/Sunlord's Gift Elixir.
    ~15% AP gain + shirt / pants - overkill for the ranger; seriously, you better focus on stacking recharge speed reduction.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    in solo you will go faster to reload AP, but in dungeons you are not alone in hitting mobs to boost AP.
    feeling frustration in the dungeons.
    Queue private and run solo?
  • magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    greywynd said:

Queue private and run solo?

Not just farm or campaign.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Recovery can be considered as a secondary AP resource as you get to fire off your encounters faster, resulting in more AP.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Yeah I got the boons for that - and Thanks! I didn't know there was an Elixir in the Vault of Piety! I will have a look at it - seems it will be what I need for the short term - until I can grab the mount/artifact! And hopefully some collars to go! Maybe they might add some kinda enchantment/runestone in the future - who knows! Seems like a good bet to it, maybe for Utilities!

But seriously - I am intent on farming out more RD weps for now - and Aboleth seemed cool as well in some of the vids on Youtube (although they were quite old) - and with Aboleth + PlagueFire - I can only image the carnage it can cause! LoL! Thanks guys - it was excellent info! L8ER!
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    > @someonedies said:
    > typo Vault of Piety/Sunlord's Gift Elixir.
    > ~15% AP gain + shirt / pants - overkill for the ranger; seriously, you better focus on stacking recharge speed reduction.

Wait. What? Sun Lord's Gift elixir gives 15% AP gain?
  • nokthurnokthur Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    If you are a warlock don't invest in the stat "AP gain" it is bugged for warlock's and does not increase the amount of AP you gain from casting spells or any other source.
    Its a good elixir - I checked it out - anyway - I happened to obtain an embellished apparatus during this Gond Event! - and that's with quick action - 5% AP - says it fills up - but I didn't see anything in the AP indicator - is it gained while gaining AP through the class mechanics? IDK - if someone knows how Quick Action works pls drop a line - and now I think the only thing I need is a Cleric/Storybook artifact to boost it higher - What I noted was - good climb in AP gain with all the gear and buffs - but not yet at that Hellish Regeneration scale! Maybe the artifacts will push it into some similar level to that! And lets hope it is! LoL!
    edited June 2021
    rubytrue said:

> @someonedies said:
    > typo Vault of Piety/Sunlord's Gift Elixir.
    > ~15% AP gain + shirt / pants - overkill for the ranger; seriously, you better focus on stacking recharge speed reduction.

Wait. What? Sun Lord's Gift elixir gives 15% AP gain?

2nd string: my unbuffed stats (collar + offhand + constitution + boons). I used a line break, but it looks like this is not enough D:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    @oktlryk#2717 Hey. After you use a daily power it starts to fill up straight away. Test it out if you haven't noticed it yet. It's not much but it does start to fill up.