test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M20 - Preview of Rare Gear from Episode 3

Hey everyone,

Those who passed their perception checks out there have noticed that we’ve put up a Preview Collections on Preview which show cases the gear you’ll be able to attain soon.

If you haven’t taken a look at the gear yet, feel free to check it out on Neverwinter Preview.
Instructions to get into Preview (ft. Terramak):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KovVuCiwuNg

---

As always, the gear and bonuses are subject to change as it is still under development. Your feedback is much appreciated.

There have been a few adjustments that hasn’t made it into Preview:
Controlled Sandstorm now grants 5% Deflect Severity, instead of 5000 Deflect Severity.
Escalating Torrent now has a 10 second timer when the stacks are accumulated.
Controlling Strike is now known as Controlled Strike, and grants 1% Damage Resistance instead of 1% Damage per stack when consumed.
Mountain’s Valor is now 10 stacks, and grants .5% Power and Awareness per stack. Movement Speed is reduced by 2.5% per stack, and this effect now lasts for 4 seconds.
Skirmisher’s Tactics now grants both Defense and Critical Severity when the player is within 20’ of the target.
Fairy’s Whimsy now increases your Movement Speed by 10% when there are no teammates within 30’ of you. When there are teammates within 30’ of you, gain 3500 Power instead.
• The Wasteland Wanderers now has the Brute’s Advantage power: When you are 25’ or closer to your target, your Combat Advantage is increased by 5%.
Let us know what you think!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs
For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan. This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: While attempting to complete the 'What was Lost' quest, the ranger never appears and the quest is impossible to complete

Feedback: The heroic encounters should happen more often and drop better loot.

Miku V.

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Controlled Sandstorm now grants 5% Deflect Severity, instead of 5000 Deflect Severity.
    It's "balanced" now.
    ~80% Deflection Severity Rogue is back.

Are you going to tweak "outdated" elixirs as well, fix tooltips? and tone it down to 7.5% inline with "Mystic pet"?
    imageimage
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Death defier's focus:
    Gain 500 critical strike for each enemy you are engaged in battle with (max of 15 targets)

Is it possible to replace the 500 critical strike by 0.5% critical strike per target.

I think with a % it could be useful for more players.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I see the new gear continues the policy of zero-sum changes for the ratings, which to a large degree voids the value of the gear ratings. Yes, I understand it is 'the system'.. but that system makes it considerably less interesting to develop a character to gain more combat power.

Since 80% of the population have scaled dungeons as their main fighting activity, IL doesn't really matter. So why bother upgrading your gear when you get so little in return for the effort?
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Feedback on tank gear :

Turban of the Shifting Sands : The Crown of the Undeads "Necromancer's Command" equip bonus + 5% deflect severity is an excellent bonus for all tanks, extremely nice item for all tanks.

Wasteland Merc's Leathers : The Wardens Defiance equip bonus is very nice, but manybe its time for a boost ? We already have the same +3% DR from a lot of items, so making this one +5% DR wouldnt hurt. I would also love to see the Combat Advantage rating changed to Deflect Severity rating as this is a stat that has very few sources in current collection.

Crag Scaler Gauntlets : Excellent item. Both stats and equip bonus are very good if used correctly.

Midnight's Whispers : Nice stats, but sadly underwhelming equip bonus compared to the Shadow Demons Wisps that will stay best in slot for tanks. If the +5% Defense was changed to either Awareness, Critical Avoidance, Deflect or Deflect Severity it could be an item worth considering.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User

It's "balanced" now.
    ~80% Deflection Severity Rogue is back.

Are you going to tweak "outdated" elixirs as well, fix tooltips? and tone it down to 7.5% inline with "Mystic pet"?

Well if you wish them to adjust this, then it's only fair to also adjust wild storm elixer!
    I personally think it's fine. Those elixirs are available to everyone for free, so I don't see why anyone would complain!
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Feedback on healer gear:

CRAG SCALER GAUNTLETS:
    I like the idea of this bonus, I like the combination of power and awareness (I hope that we'll get to see more gear with this combination), but I don't like the recent change you've done to it. People only want to use gear that is reliable and procced nearly full time in combat, so that they can balance their stats around it. But most classes aren't able to consistently attack 10 times per 4 seconds, that's 1 attack per 0.4 seconds, which makes this piece a lot less useful. The movement spreed detriment is also a bit too large in my opinion, but the main problem is the attack speed it requires now. I think that this bonus should be reverted back to what it was (requiring 5 attacks per 3 seconds, which is still a lot but not as much)

RAINDROP RAIMENT:
    Nothing bad to say about it, it has a very solid bonus

MIDNIGHT'S WHISPERS:
    same thing here, very solid bonus.

RAIN CATCHER:
    why is this type of bonus even a thing? Players shouldn't be encouraged to lower their HP. You've already released a similar piece with 15k power and it was a failure (nobody used it other than as a transmute), so why would anything be different this time?

WRISTGUARDS OF PRECIPITATION:
    I don't really find a good use to power rating, as ratings aren't that much of a problem when you've got % increasing gear. I'd love to see it changed to power %, as we really need more power % gear in the game right now

FEARIE'S STEPS:
    People are only gonna use this for the movement speed. 3,500 rating? Seriously?

REDCAP'S CAP:

Ok, can we please STOP getting those "when you damage or heal your target for more than 10% or you max HP" bonuses??? I get that you probably think that they're pretty nice for healers, but really, they're only nice for cleric and warlock healers, who can multiproc these bonuses easily with their healing over time. For paladin healers, who don't have a lot of HoT, it's nearly impossible to stack those up, making them quite useless, or, in other words, WIDENS THE GAP BETWEEN PALADIN HEALERS AND CLERIC/WARLOCK HEALERS. So if you want to balance healers and close that gap, then please stop releasing things with good healing stats gatekept behind this bonus
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Since 80% of the population have scaled dungeons as their main fighting activity, IL doesn't really matter. So why bother upgrading your gear when you get so little in return for the effort?

This is actually what I found so funny in game when I checked how alli and friends are doing.
    New(er) players LOVE IL. They always have, but now its so sad, because if you run a semi well done low IL toon you really stomp all over your new alli members that have a blown up IL.
    So I think that people actually are upgrading their gear (I see a lot of people running around with Sharandar seals gear or whatever that is) and are using new pieces because a) shiny and b) new but it is probably not very effective.
    - bye bye -
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    The Wasteland Wanderers now has the Brute’s Advantage power: When you are 25’ or closer to your target, your Combat Advantage is increased by 5%....... Why down to 7.5 % ?????
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Came to the forum to "let ya know what I think"...
    But, most of the feedback here pretty much captures it. I just hope it's listened to.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    • Controlling Strike is now known as Controlled Strike, and grants 1% Damage Resistance instead of 1% Damage per stack when consumed.

I found this change interesting, but it remains to be seen if the players who want to be among the top DPS in the leaderbord will use this. In my CW I will definitely use it!
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Armor let's say "heart of the forest" when healing or blocking there is a 10% chance of spawning an area of ​​30 feet around the character which for 10 seconds increases forte and awareness for allies by 7%, CD 20 seconds. Does not stack.
    It would be nice to increase the drop chance for items from the quest for withdrawing for companions or adding an analogue to the extraction, for example, a 5% chance of dropping out in a new dungeon. So strong dressed characters will have an incentive to continue to go through a new dungeon when they have already received all the rings they need.

Bug, new players do not open a free chest at the hunter's fight. The reason was not understood (19 itl), presumably that the person did not open the company. The inventory was clean and a key was purchased. We passed 3 times but the chests were still not active.
    To the person saying that decreasing the requirement on redcap's cap to 5% will help make the bonus more viable for paladin healers: still not. The problem isn't that healing is too low. The problem is that paladins have no HoT. A cleric and warlock will get a stack for every time their HoT will proc, so they can reach max stacks very fast. A paladin will actually have to use 5 seperate heals in 10 seconds to keep the stacks, because they don't have HoT, and no paladins is gonna do that because the divinity cost is too high. What would actually help paladin healers is changing this bonus to something else completely. Maybe when you take more than 10% of your HP, instead of deal, you get 7.5% power (most healers usually take damage every 10 seconds in endgame content because of mechanics), or maybe something that doesn't relate to HP at all. These "deal or heal 10% of HP" bonuses need to go if the devs want more balance between the different healers
  • cust0mxcust0mx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    ron#1747 said:

To the person saying that decreasing the requirement on redcap's cap to 5% will help make the bonus more viable for paladin healers: still not.

If you have 5 stacks (1 for each player in party) every time you cast 1 shelter its fine (you heal more than 5% of your max HP per shelter most of the time) the bonus just needs NOT HAVE CD on gaining a stack.

• gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Could we be informed where this gear will come from- it would be odd if VoS got more gear than it already has. Hopefully, no Bounty mechanic will be involved, or the insane RNG of Shattered Diamonds. Would be interesting if the gear dropped from the Hag's lairs as well as the Final Battle instance with all 3.
  • dsdsddsdds#5064 dsdsddsdds Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Change RedCap's Frenzy to 1%power and 1% crit strike per stack(max 5 stacks) or just 1% power (max 10 stacks) Healers need more ways to gain power since it is very difficult for us to stack power
  • dsdsddsdds#5064 dsdsddsdds Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Could we be informed where this gear will come from- it would be odd if VoS got more gear than it already has. Hopefully, no Bounty mechanic will be involved, or the insane RNG of Shattered Diamonds. Would be interesting if the gear dropped from the Hag's lairs as well as the Final Battle instance with all 3.

I think it has something to do with the 3 black portals on VOS, maybe some kind of extra boss, like master expedition Watcher run
    Quite unfortunate that SO MUCH stuff is being tied into VoS- almost like they want people to spend time only in VoS. IDK that's not good game design IMO. When have we had 5 Sets of Gear from one Dungeon. Last 2 Epic Dungeons- IC, LoMM- both had 1 set of gear only (Successor and Lion Guard). Better thing would be to redcue the Item Level of this gear to 1300 and make it available in the Hag's Lair as end-chest drops to incentivize the farming of these since there is no point doing them right now after you finish the campaign. Considering the amount of time put into the environments of these lairs, it might be better to do that.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The wasteland wanderers were an upgrade of VoS boots because they don't require stamina and give % CA (7.5)
    while VoS boots give 7.5k CA rating and require you to have 75%+ stamina

Why did you reduce it down to 5%? CA is already hard to cap especially for some classes, if you want people to use it and be an upgrade of vos boots keep it at 7.5%
    > @cust0mx said:
    > If you have 5 stacks (1 for each player in party) every time you cast 1 shelter its fine (you heal more than 5% of your max HP per shelter most of the time) the bonus just needs NOT HAVE CD on gaining a stack.

You can't multiproc these bonuses with AoE heals. No matter how many people you heal, you only get 1 stack
    Quick but very important point- the Skirmisher's prefix is used for bonuses that proc when you deal Combat Advantage with your Powers. Either rename 'Skirmisher's Tactics' to 'Brute's Tactics' to keep consistency or rework the bonus to involve dealing Combat Advantage with your Powers.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Item: Sprite's Wraps (arm)
    Bonus: Beckon fey: On daily use summon a fey for 15sec (cd 45sec)

Has anyone tested the damage that any summoning of these types of equipment does?

I remember one day having the desire to create a Walorck just to use this equipment that I don't see anyone with a minimum of knowledge of the game using them.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    3% damage from behind is nothing compared to the last 2 "bis" chest armors. 10% ebony/scavenger and ribcage give around that much extra damage. The bosnus should be increased to 7.5% maybe 10% to be a chase item. The at-will bonus for rings (VoS) was increased (3 -> 5%), so this can be too.

We've had plenty of discussion about tanks and movement speed and yet there continues to be things that turn them into turtles/statues... Whyyy?
  • corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Rain-Catcher

bonus: when your health is above 50% your outgoing heal is increased by 15000 when your health is bellow 50%, and when your health drops below 50% you passively heal everyone around you by 100 magnitude while getting your incoming healing reduced to 10%.

Midnight-cowl
    bonus : on encounter use you gain 25% threat generation on your at wills , if you get struck by a boss the boss will take damage equal to 5% of your maximum hit points , alternatively if you get hit by any none boss unit you will get a shield that causes damage to all enemies that strike you with a 40 magnitude value for 10 seconds ( 20 second cooldown).

Redcap's- Cap ( please change the name to Redcap's hood or anything not repetitive to cap )

bonus :when you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your maximum hit points in a single blow, your Accuracy and Critical Strike are increased by 2.5% for 10 seconds (max 5 stacks) = to 12.5% matching the current t3 chest piece we have.

Turban-of-shifting-sands
    bonus: when you use a daily power , you pull enemies 25 towards you , you gain 12.5% critical strike and 12.5% combat advantage for 10 seconds, the enemies take 10% bonus damage for 5 seconds ( bosses will take 5% bonus damage for 10 seconds) . ( 20 second cooldown).

Raindrop-Raiment
    bonus : gains 10% outgoing heal, when your team mates are closer to you they gain 5% incoming heal

Midnight-Cuirass
    bonus: when attacking enemies that are not facing you your combat advantage and critical strike are increase by 2.5 %
    for 10 seconds (stacks up to 5 times) =12.5%.

faerie's tunic
    bonus: + 12.5% accuracy
    -7.5 % defense

Wasteland-Merc's-leathers
    when you damage or heal for more than 10% of your maximum hit points in a single blow , generate a shield equal to 20% of you maximum hit points that deals 40 magnitude to enemies around you and increases threat generation by 5% for 3 seconds
    ( 3 damage ticks) , if a boss attacks and breaks the shield entirely the boss will take 5% increased damage for 3 seconds ( cooldown 6 seconds ) .

Wristguards-of-Precipitation

bonus : gains 0.5% power when you strike an enemy, lose a stack when you are struck , stacks 15 times = 7.5% power.

Midnight-Grips

bonus : gain 10% control bonus and 10% accuracy
    lose 15% action point gain and -5% incoming heal

Sprites-Wraps

bonus : when you use a daily you summon Sprite helpers(fairies or what ever you can think of as a model) that latch to allies and heal them for 200 magnitude per tick for 10 seconds and gives 5% reduced incoming damage dropping back to 0 % as time goes by 1 % is lost every 2 seconds going from 5 to 0) ( cooldown 20 seconds usable in PVP) .

Crag-Scaler-Gauntlets

bonus : when you strike an enemy you gain 1 % awareness and accuracy.

after 5 strikes you gain the |Tanks Are Not Turtles| buff which increases your movement speed by 15% for 3
    seconds.

Midnight's-Whispers

bonus : when you are 15' or closer to your target, your defense and critical strike are increase by 5% , when you are 20'
    or further away from your target , your critical severity and critical strike are increase by 5%;

Slips-of-the-rain
    bonus: gains 0.5 % critical strike and 0.5 % accuracy for each enemy you are engaged in battle with (max 15 stacks =7.5
    % on each stat)

Faerie's-Steps
    bonus: your power and awareness are increased by 3 % each , when you are struck by a critical strike you will gain the
    }Seriously-Tanks-Are-Not-Turtles-Buff| you have a 10% chance to increase your hit points by 20% and gain 3%
    defense and Movement speed by 15% for 10 seconds

Wasteland-wanderers
    bonus : when you are 15' closer to your target, your combat advantage is increase by 7.5 %
    when you are 20' or further away from your target, your accuracy is increase by 7.5%

These items is something I myself would actually farm for since less and less things are really grind worthy also this works for everyone I kept in mind Tanks Healers and DPS characters in mind since i play all three, also for new players these are very good bonuses especially since many did not do Avernus and it is getting harder and harder to get t3 items and many of the players are tired of hunts ( at least I know I am ).

these give a foothold for almost any new player to come in and get really good gear that works almost everywhere for almost all roles but regardless of which item the player will get it wont feel like time or effort was wasted since even healing and tank items still are useful for DPS if they want to support the group and vise versa so nothing is wasted also I hope the gear is account wide and we can just take them from 1 character to another since getting 8 + characters to ep 3 is a bit taxing on the mind spirit soul and everything else .

so at least no matter the way you decided to make these available hopefully ( Not with heroics ...) at least the gear is worth it for everyone.

• corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User

3% damage from behind is nothing compared to the last 2 "bis" chest armors. 10% ebony/scavenger and ribcage give around that much extra damage. The bosnus should be increased to 7.5% maybe 10% to be a chase item. The at-will bonus for rings (VoS) was increased (3 -> 5%), so this can be too.

We've had plenty of discussion about tanks and movement speed and yet there continues to be things that turn them into turtles/statues... Whyyy?

check my post bro XD
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i looked at the new gear on preview and basicly its all pretty much meh
    wont be switching any of my gear for it
    was expecting the new gear to make avernus hunt gear obsolete am really pleased to see thats not going to be the case
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    controlled strikes - when dealing damage gain +1% control bonus max 10 stacks, when using a control power consumes all stacks boosting its damage by 1% per stack why denying control powers bonuses
    arcanjo86 said:

controlled strikes - when dealing damage gain +1% control bonus max 10 stacks, when using a control power consumes all stacks boosting its damage by 1% per stack why denying control powers bonuses

Excuse me- shouldn't tanks get a good piece as well- so why change Damage Resistance to Damage!!!!!!

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

Excuse me- shouldn't tanks get a good piece as well- so why change Damage Resistance to Damage!!!!!!

it boost damage of control based powers, not all powers