test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about augment companion

kamillossskamillosss Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello Dear Developers
I got some question about yours companion system.

Do you have in mind buff or change augment companions or you still stay with "active" aka combat companions like xuna or mercenary ?

Augment helps cap your stats to 90%, but actually stats don't matter, when combat companion with bonus from insignias or indomitable runestone will be more useful for dps class, because damage table in game "paingiver" count player's damage + companion's damage. More damage dealt = faster dungeon/trial and "prestige" as a dps class.

Take for example 2 dps class, the first one will use augment companion and can increase his 4 offensive stats 90% in combat (what is hard, but possible), the second one use combat companion and can increase his 2 stats to 90% and rest of 75-87%.
The second dps will do more damage, because actually "active" companion do 13-14% player's overall damage on trials and dungeons, which make augment companions totally useless and 3% more stat (that's what augment can do) won't make such a difference.

So it this what you wanted to achieve in Combat rework, where there isn't reason to cap ratings of 90% or something went wrong ?

I would appreciate if some developer was able to answer my question.

PS. Is it okay where mirage weapon set do 13-16% total dps's damage on the zariel's challenge or tower of the mad mage ?
Tagged:

Answers

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    > bonus from insignias or indomitable runestone will be more useful for dps class

LOL 6x20% Indomitable Runestones -_-

Augments are fine, it's better if u ask for Indomitable Runestones rework, so they can work on the augment,
    say for 2% dmg player boost and 20% companion boost, it's x12% dps boost lol.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree - better to give augments a boost from indomitables than any other solution.

As for Mirage, the devs have done their monitoring/tinkering and they are WAI now.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kamillossskamillosss Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Augments are fine, it's better if u ask for Indomitable Runestones rework, so they can work on the augment,

Hmm that's an idea, if you will use augment companion indomitable runestones grant you 2/3% dmg , but if you will use combat companion runestone remains unchanged, what's make everything more flexible for players.
    So if you prefer to use augment, you will get more stats (but it's still need a buff, because if you wanna use indomitable runestone, you will miss other stats from arcane or profane runestones) and bonus damage to yourself and if you prefer to use combat companion you stay with currents things. It should be easy to implementation, when you got only 27? augment companions.

I really think it would be more balanced.

I don't think in current "game meta" augments are fine, because upgrade your xuna is more value, than cap your stats to 90%, what could be priority in combat rework.

Actually you are more focused with upgrade your "active" companion with 6x indomitable runestones and 3 or more Warlord's Encouragement mount insignia bonus, than improve your character with perfect 90% cap on stats. All that's staff make % on statistics and augment companion totally useless and even without runestones and bonuses combat companion offer higher bonus to damage.

I'm still holding on to the hope some developer will say something about that.

• storvell#4995 storvell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think having less pets in the game running around doing stupid stuff is a plus. So allow augments to errr.... agument better. Yea, no brainer.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2021

I think having less pets in the game running around doing stupid stuff is a plus. So allow augments to errr.... agument better. Yea, no brainer.

Many augment pets are running around and doing stupid stuff (such as disappearing) too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Hmm that's an idea, if you will use augment companion indomitable runestones grant you 2/3% dmg , but if you will use combat companion runestone remains unchanged, what's make everything more flexible for players.
    So if you prefer to use augment, you will get more stats (but it's still need a buff, because if you wanna use indomitable runestone, you will miss other stats from arcane or profane runestones) and bonus damage to yourself and if you prefer to use combat companion you stay with currents things. It should be easy to implementation, when you got only 27? augment companions.

I really think it would be more balanced.

I don't think in current "game meta" augments are fine, because upgrade your xuna is more value, than cap your stats to 90%, what could be priority in combat rework.

Actually you are more focused with upgrade your "active" companion with 6x indomitable runestones and 3 or more Warlord's Encouragement mount insignia bonus, than improve your character with perfect 90% cap on stats. All that's staff make % on statistics and augment companion totally useless and even without runestones and bonuses combat companion offer higher bonus to damage.

I'm still holding on to the hope some developer will say something about that.

I am also still waiting for some comment from some Dev or some similar solution as they did as Tenebrous. The current system has no logic with which it was discussed in the preview of the last combat rework.

Many augment pets are running around and doing stupid stuff (such as disappearing) too.

It's kinda weird, when devs upgrade AI mobs and they all time try to go around to get combat adv for themself, but augment can't even give you combat advantage :D
    edited May 2021

I am also still waiting for some comment from some Dev or some similar solution as they did as Tenebrous. The current system has no logic with which it was discussed in the preview of the last combat rework.

Well it's been a month since I wrote this post and as I expected noone developer answered :( only what they did was add golden companions bundle (random mythic companion btw), which only help tanks and heals cap their awareness and outgoing healing (and some dps classes with bad forte to cap their combat advantage), but still it's no reason to summon your augment companion as a dps class. Xuna/mercenary/air archon will do more damage, than you with 7.5% more combat advantage (I mean 20% more damage companion > 7.5% ca).

I think they don't know what happens even in their own game...

Snowcrash left cryptic studios, so maybe there is a rescue for this game or dark times are about to come.

Post edited by kamillosss on

Well it's been a month since I wrote this post and as I expected noone developer answered :( only what they did was add golden companions bundle (random mythic companion btw), which only help tanks and heals cap their awareness and outgoing healing (and some dps classes with bad forte to cap their combat advantage), but still it's no reason to summon your augment companion as a dps class. Xuna/mercenary/air archon will do more damage, than you with 7.5% more combat advantage (I mean 20% more damage companion > 7.5% ca).

I think they don't know what happens even in their own game...

Snowcrash left cryptic studios, so maybe there is a rescue for this game or dark times are about to come.

Yes, it is a real problem for me, as I hate attacking companions. Furthermore, how can my character be the bolster for the companion? Even in pokemon this is piscological. Today I did an ICT, there was a player of the same class as me with a solid build and very similar to mine, he did twice the damage I did (rofl). I thought it was normal, he has the set of weapons mirage and a xuna. But the good thing is that this same leaderboard, in the hangman's section, we were practically tied. Note that everything that was not the character was the difference in damage between me and him. So forget about the augments companions, they are rubbish now and will be for a long time.
    "ICT " you mean the infernal citadel ? If yes, on this dungeon you are scaled to 36k item lvl, so your damage get lower, but attacking companion still got the same damage, so nothing unusual if "active" companion do the same or a little smaller damage on scaled content like player :D
    In my opinion attacking companions should helps tanks or heals without dps path or with defensive/healing stats do solo content like quests/level up for new players and etc, and not be "bonus dps" for your class on randoms or endgame content.
    edited May 2021

"ICT " you mean the infernal citadel ? If yes, on this dungeon you are scaled to 36k item lvl, so your damage get lower, but attacking companion still got the same damage, so nothing unusual if "active" companion do the same or a little smaller damage on scaled content like player :D
    In my opinion attacking companions should helps tanks or heals without dps path or with defensive/healing stats do solo content like quests/level up for new players and etc, and not be "bonus dps" for your class on randoms or endgame content.

Translation errors by google translator. And yes, that is also my thought. Something needs to be changed about this, something like the insignia bonus and the indomitable runestone, if the attacking companions have already gained 15% bonus damage with the combat change, because they have to receive more extra buffs while the augments that don't do damage, only give miserables status ?!
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Augment companions imo do need a buff to bring them back up to a better state, I don't think the companion overhaul did them any favours and has removed most of the incentive to choose one. They need to be on an equal par with actives but in a different way. General consensus seems to be that they're now not worth using when compared to what an active combat companion offers and augments were always meant to compensate in some way for the loss of damage and be worth the loss of damage in what you got back in other ways. Seems out of whack now. I suggest a generous forte stat is added to all augments, I know one of the new golden ones has forte on it but that could be an added bonus on top of the forte they all gave as a matter of course. I think they probably need something extra put back into them to make them competitive again and balanced with the actives. A generous forte stat might work.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    Yes, I could create an insignia bonus for those who use augments, enchant runestone or companion enhancement power. Something like that, every 30 you get a 10% bonus when using a companion augment.