test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Golden Companion Bundle Sale Issue Resolved

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    cikipoki said:

The Golden Companion Bundle went live this morning at full price. We had originally intended for it to be affected by the 30% Off Companions sale.

We have hotfixed this sale so that it affects the Golden Companion Bundle.

Because this was caused by an error on our part, players who had purchased at full price will have the difference in Zen automatically credited to their account within several hours. There should be no need to contact Customer Support.

Hi.On Russia server this companion bundle in event section and not in the companion section.Can you fix it,thanks.
    I agree, if you give it away semi-free you should do it on both servers.
    - bye bye -
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User

cikipoki said:

The Golden Companion Bundle went live this morning at full price. We had originally intended for it to be affected by the 30% Off Companions sale.

We have hotfixed this sale so that it affects the Golden Companion Bundle.

Because this was caused by an error on our part, players who had purchased at full price will have the difference in Zen automatically credited to their account within several hours. There should be no need to contact Customer Support.

Hi.On Russia server this companion bundle in event section and not in the companion section.Can you fix it,thanks.
    I agree, if you give it away semi-free you should do it on both servers.
    lol how many mistakes in this game and luckily they are proud of this
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    People who were ok with spending $140 on one pack in the Zen shop, are getting the pack they were happy to buy and they are getting over 4000 extra Zen for free!
    I surprised nobody hopped in here to say thank you.
  • irieln#3637 irieln Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    People who were ok with spending $140 on one pack in the Zen shop, are getting the pack they were happy to buy and they are getting over 4000 extra Zen for free!
    I surprised nobody hopped in here to say thank you.

Nobody is getting Zen for free, you clearly haven't been reading well.

So you guys giving the pack for free for those with the coupon😳 this not fair for those who bought it with currency and spent money to get it!

exactly they gave this special package for free and we paid an absurd amount for a lottery of the cabbage so much from me they will never see more money, with me they have closed forever.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I don't see why some of you are salty about it. this is why you save your coupons when you get them. for killer deals. everyone had the same chance and opportunity. some of us blew it and some of us did not. it is, as they say, how the cookie crumbles. I didn't use my coupon on pc yay! I did on xbox.. booo.. but my fault for not saving for a killer deal. this kind of thing happens in this game. it's good to file away for future knowledge rather than be sad about.

I don't see why some of you are salty about it. this is why you save your coupons when you get them. for killer deals. everyone had the same chance and opportunity. some of us blew it and some of us did not. it is, as they say, how the cookie crumbles. I didn't use my coupon on pc yay! I did on xbox.. booo.. but my fault for not saving for a killer deal. this kind of thing happens in this game. it's good to file away for future knowledge rather than be sad about.

thanks those who spend money in the game instead of commenting since you have not spent a penny, and thanks to people like us if the game is standing and if you can buy zen in the zen / ad exchange so if you have not spent it is better that you go and comment somewhere else since you haven't spent any money.
    So if I dont thank people for spending they will pull the plug? Hmmmmmmmm.
    - bye bye -
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

thanks those who spend money in the game instead of commenting since you have not spent a penny, and thanks to people like us if the game is standing and if you can buy zen in the zen / ad exchange so if you have not spent it is better that you go and comment somewhere else since you haven't spent any money.
    I dont think this is a matter of spending or not spending money.

You were ok spending your money for the pack. You are only angry because others are getting it for free, but this should not hurt you because you had the same coupon and opportunity as the others.

I sadly wasted the coupon, and usually I save things for good deals but well, not this time.

And finally, nobody is talking about this, but I am pretty sure that this coupon appliying to this pack is a huge bug and mistake by cryptic. Again. But they cant do anything now. Obviously a free coupon for near 10k zen is a mistake. A big one. We all know Crypctic.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    Yeah thats the thing. I personally have no issue with people using their coupons - just with those things happening again and again and then swinging the delete button in forum if they don't want people to comment on it.
    - bye bye -

You were ok spending your money for the pack. You are only angry because others are getting it for free, but this should not hurt you because you had the same coupon and opportunity as the others.

I sadly wasted the coupon, and usually I save things for good deals but well, not this time.

And finally, nobody is talking about this, but I am pretty sure that this coupon appliying to this pack is a huge bug and mistake by cryptic. Again. But they cant do anything now. Obviously a free coupon for near 10k zen is a mistake. A big one. We all know Crypctic.
    unfortunately I have to disappoint you I never got the coupon because I had given up the game for 3 years and I regret esssere back.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

unfortunately I have to disappoint you I never got the coupon because I had given up the game for 3 years and I regret esssere back.
    Well I assumed you were playing, but not playing the game doesnt give you a reason to blame for those who did.

Still I am 100% sure it was a mistake that the coupon worked but now is late to fix that.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Well I assumed you were playing, but not playing the game doesnt give you a reason to blame for those who did.

Still I am 100% sure it was a mistake that the coupon worked but now is late to fix that.

i don't understand i'm not blaming anyone i'm bothered that i go here to comment on someone who didn't spend the money for the package if i'm not mistaken and a post for those who spent that money and in any case i won't make that mistake again from today no wallet for neverwinter
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User

In my opinion a game should not provide any possibilites doing serious mistakes like this one. A game should be only about fun. But to forego something like this one is a total different story. You cannot forego something with value of a half year in playtime and play next time like nothing happened. You will be worried about it. And this need to be in a game?

In my opinion a nice gesture - a present - turn out toxic. We should start discussion about rewards. Why you can get something for free and meanwhile others have to play enormous amount of time or pay with their hard earned bucks. I think we need better balance here.

Look onto this table and tell me if this is fairplay? Look onto the valuation:
    1.) 200 hundred days refine AD
    2.) 100 $
    3.) Coupon for free

I hope I have not violated the TOS in any kind. Everything is meant friendly. If I have insulted someone excuse me please.

That is not true for various reasons. It was discussed in prior discussions.
    edited May 2021

In my opinion a game should not provide any possibilites doing serious mistakes like this one. A game should be only about fun. But to forego something like this one is a total different story. You cannot forego something with value of a half year in playtime and play next time like nothing happened. You will be worried about it. And this need to be in a game?

In my opinion a nice gesture - a present - turn out toxic. We should start discussion about rewards. Why you can get something for free and meanwhile others have to play enormous amount of time or pay with their hard earned bucks. I think we need better balance here.

Look onto this table and tell me if this is fairplay? Look onto the valuation:
    1.) 200 hundred days refine AD
    2.) 100 $
    3.) Coupon for free

I hope I have not violated the TOS in any kind. Everything is meant friendly. If I have insulted someone excuse me please.
    if you are getting your ad by refining it you are doing it wrong. I'd be poor if this is how I made my ad.

if you are paying real money you are doing it wrong. (unless you feel like this game is doing a good job and want to reward the company for a job well done by paying them for the content you are playing. Once upon a time i did this.. but I don't really feel like this game is worth anything atm.)

coupon for free! yay... like mentioned undoubtedly a bug that is beyond fixing... but they do it over and over. save your freaking coupons when you get them. a killer deal ALWAYS comes around.

and to the person who says I have never paid a cent.. they're wrong. all in all over the years I've probably given cryptic about 1000 dollars american. I used to spend about 50 to 100 dollars a mod depending and a big purchase here or there during sales. I haven't since mod 16 and I don't think I ever will again. I haven't been playing at all since the combat change. and I'm not getting any hints that's being reverted... as long as the game is like it is now I just don't really have a reason to be here other than occasional messing around in the economy and maybe mastercrafting.

another game is getting 10 bucks a month from me though..
    edited May 2021

can you link? i have a very hard time believing it's not a bug because every other big new bundle has been in events not its proper category for the last year or two. year I guess. it used to be the founders day packs worked for new bundles but iirc they don't now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

can you link? i have a very hard time believing it's not a bug because every other big new bundle has been in events not its proper category for the last year or two. year I guess. it used to be the founders day packs worked for new bundles but iirc they don't now.
    I believe that discussion was deleted and the follow up discussion about why that was deleted was also deleted.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2021
    They put it in companions to be able to announce "and you will profit from 30% off companions on top of being able to purchase so many shinies" and forgot about the coupon.
    - bye bye -

They put it in companions to be able to announce "and you will profit from 30% off companions on top of being able to purchase so many shinies" and forgot about the coupon.

they wouldn't save those would they??? oh no... they would! wouldn't they?!!!
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > I don't see why some of you are salty about it. this is why you save your coupons when you get them. for killer deals. everyone had the same chance and opportunity. some of us blew it and some of us did not. it is, as they say, how the cookie crumbles. I didn't use my coupon on pc yay! I did on xbox.. booo.. but my fault for not saving for a killer deal. this kind of thing happens in this game. it's good to file away for future knowledge rather than be sad about.

Exactly , I’m still waiting to see what the Promissory Note is going to be . Bet tons of people got rid of them
    edited May 2021

> @thefiresidecat said:
    > I don't see why some of you are salty about it. this is why you save your coupons when you get them. for killer deals. everyone had the same chance and opportunity. some of us blew it and some of us did not. it is, as they say, how the cookie crumbles. I didn't use my coupon on pc yay! I did on xbox.. booo.. but my fault for not saving for a killer deal. this kind of thing happens in this game. it's good to file away for future knowledge rather than be sad about.

Exactly , I’m still waiting to see what the Promissory Note is going to be . Bet tons of people got rid of them

I keep those too. Same for companion XP tome that was given by XP rewards. People were tossing them as soon as they received them. I kept them all for years and cashed them out for million AD not too long ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2021

if you are getting your ad by refining it you are doing it wrong. I'd be poor if this is how I made my ad.

The economic of neverwinter need someone to refine AD. Otherwise there is no AD to trade. Ofcourse you and others doing smarter and earn maybe some extra AD with trading dropped stuff - or buy cheap and sell expensive. The economic is not changing because of that. Someone has to refine AD. But let's bright another point of view in this example. If you and others are doing better and earn some extra AD, others doing worse. There is no free lunch. The value they accumulate at the end of the day is below 100.000. In this example they play even more - more than 200 days - to get the value others got with this Coupon for free.
    Last but not least if you proclaim refining AD (got by playing random queue) is - if I understand you correct - inefficient, it is about time to change that. The random queue's are the heart of the game. They should be rewarding. They need to be played. Plus it is the entrance for new - money spending - players. We need to encourage them, not discouraging.

if you are paying real money you are doing it wrong. (unless you feel like this game is doing a good job and want to reward the company for a job well done by paying them for the content you are playing. Once upon a time i did this.. but I don't really feel like this game is worth anything atm.)

Someone has to pay the bill. I am happy that players bought the bundle. I did not bought the bundle. If Cryptic receive money, they can do better. If they receive no money, they cannot do it better. That's why I think it was a bad move. It only discourage both F2P and P2P players. Both is a damage. Among the ones that got the bundle for free are - in your example - players not even happy with the game.

I’m still waiting to see what the Promissory Note is going to be . Bet tons of people got rid of them

I have Promissory Notes. But I hope they will delete them or give only little reward. Because "Bet tons of people got rid of them" is the same situation like we have now. I dislike get people mad. This is a game.

edited May 2021

The economic of neverwinter need someone to refine AD. Otherwise there is no AD to trade. Ofcourse you and others doing smarter and earn maybe some extra AD with trading dropped stuff - or buy cheap and sell expensive. The economic is not changing because of that. Someone has to refine AD. But let's bright another point of view in this example. If you and others are doing better and earn some extra AD, others doing worse. There is no free lunch. The value they accumulate at the end of the day is below 100.000. In this example they play even more - more than 200 days - to get the value others got with this Coupon for free.
    Last but not least if you proclaim refining AD (got by playing random queue) is - if I understand you correct - inefficient, it is about time to change that. The random queue's are the heart of the game. They should be rewarding. They need to be played. Plus it is the entrance for new - money spending - players. We need to encourage them, not discouraging.

Someone has to pay the bill. I am happy that players bought the bundle. I did not bought the bundle. If Cryptic receive money, they can do better. If they receive no money, they cannot do it better. That's why I think it was a bad move. It only discourage both F2P and P2P players. Both is a damage. Among the ones that got the bundle for free are - in your example - players not even happy with the game.

i don't think anyone has to refine much in the way of ad. not for a very long time. it would solve a lot of problems in this game if no one were. this game has wayyyy too much ad. no one has to pay the bills as it were. if you're actually playing the game you are refining ad by existing to some degree. and by just playing the game and selling your drops of various thing and not selling the things that are worth nothing at all right now but stashing them on an alt you will eventually have ad coming out your ears. when I was playing I was regularly getting 500k to 1mil drops. and they were nothing special. people DO regularly get good drops. may not be the golden ticket drops but bread and butter drops. flip on ah. maybe buy something undervalued and flip that. or trade up for those that like to trade. learn the market a little as to what is hot and what is not. eventually nearly all those 2k valued drops will sell for a million or more.

as far as giving cryptic money. if people stop they have to stop and realize that they're doing something very wrong and do some revisions. whiteside was very very very bad for this game and imo they should stop and look around and realize that he made it worse instead of fixing it and then do some back stepping to get players back in the fold. as far as I am concerned if they stopped making this game i would just be like, whatever... as it stands. they won't though.
    1. Yes, there are rAD and there is a 100K daily refinement limit. People can still get rAD easily.
    2. For over a half year, Cryptic has kept on giving out AD directly (already refined AD) through the game and it is not constrained by the 100K daily refinement limit.
    3. Many players get even much more AD from AH, etc. Sure, those are AD from other players who might spend a lot of effort to farm it but does the AH seller care much? For them, it is still easy and may be 'effortless' AD.
    4. Having a lot of AD does not mean much when there is nothing worth to buy. I don't even recall when I buy something from AH the last time. Even when I did, I did not buy anything expensive. The only thing that worth spending AD is through Zax and it is VIP.
    edited May 2021

i don't think anyone has to refine much in the way of ad. not for a very long time. it would solve a lot of problems in this game if no one were. this game has wayyyy too much ad. no one has to pay the bills as it were. if you're actually playing the game you are refining ad by existing to some degree.

1. Yes, there are rAD and there is a 100K daily refinement limit. People can still get rAD easily.
    2. For over a half year, Cryptic has kept on giving out AD directly (already refined AD) through the game and it is not constrained by the 100K daily refinement limit.
    3. Many players get even much more AD from AH, etc. Sure, those are AD from other players who might spend a lot of effort to farm it but does the AH seller care much? For them, it is still easy and may be 'effortless' AD.
    4. Having a lot of AD does not mean much when there is nothing worth to buy. I don't even recall when I buy something from AH the last time. Even when I did, I did not buy anything expensive. The only thing that worth spending AD is through Zax and it is VIP.

there are plenty of things to buy on the ah that sell and are needed. comps mounts refinement artifacts etc. if you're all built out or have a massive inventory sure. but many do not have that. the ad players get from the ah doesn't count as created ad. it was already in the economy it's just circulating. the new ad in the economy is what is handed out from cryptic and refining it. the new creation of ad is what is hurting the economy and causing rampant inflation and causing the zen exchange to be basically unusable. the bonding stones should not have been redeemable for ad. the proof of too much ad causing backlog is pretty apparent from what happened the day the combat changes hit. xbox went from zero to very little backlog to a month and a half wait for ad. in one day. one day... because of the bonding stone exchange and the exchange for comp experience.

imo they also needed to rebuild the packs from old lockboxes to reflect the changes so those things don't drop anymore. and the packs have something else in them to compensate.
    I remind you that many things you wear come from the Zen marchet especially the story books and in any case I close the discussion here so that from today they have lost a customer.

i don't think anyone has to refine much in the way of ad. not for a very long time. it would solve a lot of problems in this game if no one were. this game has wayyyy too much ad. no one has to pay the bills as it were. if you're actually playing the game you are refining ad by existing to some degree. and by just playing the game and selling your drops of various thing and not selling the things that are worth nothing at all right now but stashing them on an alt you will eventually have ad coming out your ears. when I was playing I was regularly getting 500k to 1mil drops. and they were nothing special. people DO regularly get good drops. may not be the golden ticket drops but bread and butter drops. flip on ah. maybe buy something undervalued and flip that. or trade up for those that like to trade. learn the market a little as to what is hot and what is not. eventually nearly all those 2k valued drops will sell for a million or more.

as far as giving cryptic money. if people stop they have to stop and realize that they're doing something very wrong and do some revisions. whiteside was very very very bad for this game and imo they should stop and look around and realize that he made it worse instead of fixing it and then do some back stepping to get players back in the fold. as far as I am concerned if they stopped making this game i would just be like, whatever... as it stands. they won't though.

There is enough AD in the market: Yes. Is that relevant to new and/or individual players? No. There is no mutual pocket. I saw many prices dropping in AD value. But that are signs of deflationary AD accumulations of individuals. That are signs that less value is refined than in fewer times. Else we would see AD inflation. That is a symptom of declining overall playtime.

Rich AD individuals versus Poor AD individuals. Only because some players have >100 millions of AD does not mean they will spend it.