test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Golden Companion Bundle Sale Issue Resolved

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
The Golden Companion Bundle went live this morning at full price. We had originally intended for it to be affected by the 30% Off Companions sale.

We have hotfixed this sale so that it affects the Golden Companion Bundle.

Because this was caused by an error on our part, players who had purchased at full price will have the difference in Zen automatically credited to their account within several hours. There should be no need to contact Customer Support.

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael I bought it twice, each for 11200zen with 20% off coupon, now it's 9800zen, so..
    can u comment on this?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mre#9247 mre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    If they are a serious company they should refund you the full amount, because with this price is enough for you to buy the 100€ cut and you shouldn't have added anything more to get 1 pack
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Because this was caused by an error on our part, players who had purchased at full price will have the difference in Zen automatically credited to their account within several hours. There should be no need to contact Customer Support.

It's cool when customers are beta-testing your "live" product with a wallet.
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    they gave me back the zen

Post edited by horizonxael on
    edited May 2021

So, you put something for 14k in the Zen Store, which corresponds to a recharge of:

• 180€ on Steam (or 90+45€)
    • 200€ on ARC platform (or 100+50€)
    Then you claim it should have been on the market with a 30% sale, and plan to give us the difference.
    Given that:
    • The actual prize is set for 9800.
    • I can recharge just 90€ or 100€ based on the platform I'm purchasing my Zen from.
    180€ - 90€ = 90€
    200€ - 100€ = 100€

That's the amount of extra money people spent on your game.
    Now you're giving us back the difference, but we wouldn't have spent 100€ more on your platform if we could have purchased immediately the right amount.

How is this considered a fair payback when you basically are scamming us in this way?
    Is it fair to give us back the 30% when we spent more to recharge?

I'm really speechless about your company behavior.
    Totally unethical and unprofessional, other than illegal.

they gave me back the zen
  • irieln#3637 irieln Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The problem is not that we payed the full price and it's instead discounted. They already said they're gonna give us that 30% back.
    The main issue is that what they give you back it's just the difference in in-game currency.
    They "forced" us to invest an amount of money in their platform which is double the price compared to how much it was required. People wouldn't purchase bundles of 200$ if they were supposed to buy just one pack, which means that 100$ could have been still in their wallets.
    But no. They took the full amount (at insane price), then made up an excuse to make it cheaper (cause people complained) and now they will not give you back the money they unfairly cashed in.

If this is not a scam, I don't know how to call it, really.

Why would I invest in your platform for more than the expected? Why are you taking money from us and then give it back to be used on your platform. If it wasn't for this "mistake" people wouldn't buy such big bundles. And Cryptic knew that many people would invest in this pack, as it's basically introducing BIS items.

As always, players are the ones paying the price of their greediness.
    At this point, it could have been better to shut up and let us pay the full amount without saying anything.

They should allow a rollback on our accounts and a full refund of the amount.
    Just give the players back their money, and they'll decide if they want to re-purchase the bundle at the actual price. Giving the difference in Zen it means nothing to some people.
  • izuke#9442 izuke Member Posts: 5 Arc User

The Golden Companion Bundle went live this morning at full price. We had originally intended for it to be affected by the 30% Off Companions sale.

I bought 2 packs with discount and 2 without discount, nad I got an email from arc saying I got the 4 with discount...
    how should I proceed ?

• odo#5624 odo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    patch notes for two days of downtime? why is even a downtime today
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    This pack is not worth 9800 ZEN
    Maybe 3000, given that the mythic comp is "chosen" by rng and a legendary comp gives a rather mediocre performance boost ...
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer

I bought 2 packs with discount and 2 without discount, nad I got an email from arc saying I got the 4 with discount...
    how should I proceed ?

I reviewed your account's purchase activity, and all four purchases of the pack were indeed affected by a "20% off anything" coupon, causing it to charge 11200 Zen each. Your account was credited with the 5600 Zen I'd expect to see from that. This looks correct to me, but if you still have concerns, I recommend contacting Customer Support.
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Why are people asking for a full refund when they willing bought the pack and got refunded the Zen mistakenly taken?. You got your Zen back! lol, why would you get a full refund?, or is this just begging for a full refund so you can have your golden companion for free lol. If Cryptic done that I'd kick up a stink at why you get a free 100+ companion and i don't, regardless if i was dumb enough to buy it or not.
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    So they got their Zen refunded but they want more?.. why?. They sound like they want the companion pack for free and using this mistake as leverage even though they willingly bought the pack. Sounds to me like regret, or trying to get a freebie. Maybe give a full refund and completely delete the companion from their account. If they have sold or traded the companion then obviously no refund.
  • irieln#3637 irieln Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    nibs#8955 said:

So they got their Zen refunded but they want more?.. why?. They sound like they want the companion pack for free and using this mistake as leverage even though they willingly bought the pack. Sounds to me like regret, or trying to get a freebie. Maybe give a full refund and completely delete the companion from their account. If they have sold or traded the companion then obviously no refund.

People are not asking for a full refund, it's simple text comprehension (you learn that at elementary school): we're asking to receive back our money instead of some virtual currency.
    If I buy something for more, and you made a mistake, you can't give me back the amount in candies. You give me back money, cause I don't want candies. They are, instead, holding your money = gaining double the price, while giving you a refund that is with pixels, basically.
    I don't want pixels. I want to pay for the real price of the pack, therefore 9800, and I don't want to give to Cryptic double the price that I've payed. It's not about regret, is about not stealing people money.

It's my money, so out of respect you made a mistake and refund that 30% IN MONEY.
    Then it's my free will to decide if I want to charge them again in Zen. It's not up to you to decide.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    once you buy currency for a game, any game.. that money is gone unless you do a charge back and at that point you can expect never to play that game again. the currency can be spent for anything. what you intend to spend that currency on isn't part of the purchase agreement. I think you're raising your blood pressure for a lost cause on this one
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Zen is like a gift card. You bought a gift card. Spend it on an item. That item has further discount. The store refund the credit back to the gift card (or store credit note in some case).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    For all the ppl that said "U bought the pack and u dont deserve to have money back" or for who dont understand the situation, we DONT WANNA A FULL REFUND OF OUR MONEY. We spent our money to buy a pack that have a WRONG price not for an our error. I also bought the pack for 14k zen where here are 150 euro. If the pack costed 10k zen (how it should be) I spend 100 euro. Why should i extrapay something for a not my error? I wanna the pack, not zen. I dont really dont know what can I do with this 4200 zen like refund, cuz i dont wanna buy other stuffs. I just wanna the pack.

Its like someone u go to buy a dressed in a shop where said is in discount, but when u paid, u paid it at max price instead at the discount that they promise. Then they said u they make an error. what do u do in this case? ask for the extra money u paid or wanna another dressed that U DONT WANNA?
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, it looks like the "100% off a companion" coupons work on the Golden Companion Bundle too, any official reply to that?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Simple explanation:
    Jimmy gets in game exactly the time this bundle goes live . Jimmy sees it costs 14000 zen . He has none . Jimmy goes to market , market sells 10,000 zen for 100 euros . Jimmy thinks , I need 4,000 more , goes back to store , sees a 5,000 zen bundle for 50 euros . Buys it , now Jimmy has 15,000 zen , having spent 150 euros .

Turn clock ahead 2 hours , Sybella logs in , sees the comp pack , at 9800 zen price . Has no zen , goes to market , buys the 10,000 zen pack for 100 euros . Happy is she :)
    Jimmy noticed the price drop , gets mad . He could have only spent 100 euros , and got pack and have 50 euros for real life .
    Enter Arc , says oh , we’ll give you the refund in zen , sorry you wasted that extra 50 euros , but hey , we’ll give you refund on the purchase, aka 4,200 zen . Plus the extra zen he was made to purchase to make his original comp pack at 14,000 .
    He and everyone that had to buy the 2 zen packages in order to make the INCORRECTLY labeled item within the first two hours should be ticked off .
    This was a falsely priced and misleading pack . Someone at the gaming company is real bad at proofreading <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> .
    IMO , where people had to buy two zen packs to purchase this pack , when one purchase would have sufficed if said item was correctly marked when it went live , they should have that second zen purchase returned in the currency they used .
    However , if they did buy more than one pack , it’s too bad , enjoy your zen refund

Can you tell I’m bored ? Lmao
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Well, Jimmy could just contact support and ask for a refund of the 50€ bundle - i doubt they're going to do it, they're probably going to argue that he can use the ZEN later, but it can't hurt to ask.

The real fun part is, that some players got the bundle with a 50% discount (Protector's Jubilee coupons) or for free (companion coupon mentioned above), got neither one of those, but looking at the AH, i might be able to buy one or two account-wide companions rather cheap, since the prices are currently dropping...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Well, it looks like the "100% off a companion" coupons work on the Golden Companion Bundle too, any official reply to that?

this is absurd now they are exaggerating watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xts5LpmwhlE

and the people who have had this for free are getting richer, and I who spend real money to support the game and the servers now I understand that from today zero money for neverwinter as soon as the vip period ends for me, they do not even reward those who spend money in this game that stands thanks to us.
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Psychologists have approved: People who try to make fun of people who buy zen here are people who would give their lives to the game if they had the opportunity. Maybe they are already giving away a lot more money by grind in the game instead of buying zen. I've been following this post for a few days, I couldn't help but tell.

I am not a huge spender but hey instead of going to a pub or buying a brand new jacket; i can give the money to game i spend time with. I just regret not giving this money to hungry people in need. Because 100 euros may be a sum spent in leisure time for some, but there are families who get along with this amount for a month.

...But i expect the seller also be a little more respectful. I think the biggest disrespect is making fun of people's intelligence. Such a large company should not refuse people who openly demand a "real money refund" on the forums. You may be making more money than us, you may be a company owner, we exist in your playground (game) but all this doesn't mean you can make fun of people like it's a mistake. If it is, just do what is required.
  • organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    terramak said:

For any players who spent more than 9800 Zen on any Golden Companion Bundles, the total difference in Zen spent vs. the intended sale price has now been applied to their account. An in-game mail has also been sent to the affected players, confirming the amount of Zen credited to their account. This includes players who purchased with an in-game coupon, as well as players who purchased multiple bundles.

For any additional needs, please contact Customer Support.

Hi.On russia server this companion bundle only in event section and not in the companion section.Can you fix it,thanks.
  • organius#4038 organius Member Posts: 29 Arc User

Hi.On Russia server this companion bundle in event section and not in the companion section.Can you fix it,thanks.