test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Isn't The Golden Companion Pack a Choice Pack?

froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
It's a fair amount of coin to part with for RNG to decide which mythic companion I get.
I won't claim to be a big spender on the game, but I was considering purchasing enough Zen to grab a pack, but I know my RNG is hamster excrement.
I would prefer a mythic golden companion choice pack rather than 1 random.
Just a thought.
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    TBH it is a rough copy-paste from the mount choice pack. (it even says that all the companions are mounts)
    Do not buy according to what is written in the tooltip. When the mount choice pack was released, it let you choose whatever you desired - and delivered whatever the game was in the mood to deliver. I would definitely watch forum for a week for angry complains before assuming what actually is in the pack.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

TBH it is a rough copy-paste from the mount choice pack. (it even says that all the companions are mounts)
    Do not buy according to what is written in the tooltip. When the mount choice pack was released, it let you choose whatever you desired - and delivered whatever the game was in the mood to deliver. I would definitely watch forum for a week for angry complains before assuming what actually is in the pack.

Are we looking at the same thing? I'm writing based on the news post. My Alliance discord server is making purchasing decisions based on the news post. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/11488093-golden-companion-bundle%21
    It clearly says "Golden Companion Pack (Grants 1 random)"

Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Yes, we are - although I looked at the in-game tooltip on PC. Anyway, so far people are not panicking, so it should be safe.
    And yes, choice for the mythic companion would be better, but as it is trade-able/sell-able, you should be able to exchange it with other players.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

It's a fair amount of coin to part with for RNG to decide which mythic companion I get.
    I won't claim to be a big spender on the game, but I was considering purchasing enough Zen to grab a pack, but I know my RNG is hamster excrement.
    I would prefer a mythic golden companion choice pack rather than 1 random.
    Just a thought.

erhmahgerd its not choice?!?!? I just bought four of them to open at some later point assuming I could choose. cue angry villager with pitchforks...
  • allasourus#3550 allasourus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I don't agree with the comments that it should be ok to trade. Different companions are already having widely different prices in the trade house. And I have to admit the RNG in this game is atrocious. I opened my mythic mount pack figuring there is only one of the four I really don't want... and sure enough it's the one I got. Honestly when are the game developers going to understand that you are making the end game content more pay to play and you are doing nothing but pissing people off. I can tell you right now if this practice doesn't change, I will never spend another nickel on this game. I've spent a considerable sum last year and I'm really VERY PISSED.