test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On Mount Collars and Shards

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Wow.

I had forgotten they existed tbh [mount Collars that is]

When they were introduced I think I got 2 grey and 1 green in the first week or two.

Since then zero drops. I mean zero drops, Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

My play times/style hasn't changed dramatically except perhaps not run RDQ for a few months.
----------------

And then refining them... wow

In the time since the mount collars dropped I have maybe picked up a max of 10 orange shards in all that time so that is one per month.

It takes 50 to get to Epic/Purple - I used the 50 we got free back when they launched collars.

I think it takes 150 to get to mythic, which would take me 150 months per collar = 10 years+

Buying from AH at 130k AD per orange shard = 3 shards every 4 days = 200 days.

Wow. Just wow.

Is anyone actually grinding out these beauties to mythic?

Comments

• cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I only have the free one they gave out. Never gotten a collar drop, ever. Orange shard drops are pretty low.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    TBO I think they totally dropped the ball on the new mount system. There should be a way to purchase lower level collars and the orange stones as this would be money in the bank for them but they sort of introduced the new system and never thought about it again which is evident in that many people stop using collars because of the new combat system due to them messing up stats.

Unless they actually make collars accessible to the majority of the player base and fix how they affect stats negatively, I will always see it as a quick cash grab that they never fully intended to commit to.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Is anyone actually grinding out these beauties to mythic?

Considering that for three of the collars you are actually better off if you remove them - no. Why bother?

Hoping for improvements...
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    You ain’t missing much , totally screws up IL and %’s . I only run my 3% encounters collar . The others had to go , because of Hell Pit :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I've got 1 orange, 4 purple, and 1 green.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I am actually stupid enough to grind one of the collars to mythic, three to legendary and one epic. I got around 50 orange empowerments from dungeons 50 free and the rest I bought them from AH. The Insignic power is hard to collect as well. Under the current combat system and scaling changes, they messed up my big investment big time and I got so upset that I haven't spend any real money since then, had I not invested so much time and money in this game I would have already left this game and play something else. My best character IL is well above 55K but is for looks only, she was not doing any better than other players that are only half of her IL in scaled area or dungeons.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I am drifting through the last 2 months of my VIP and doubting whether or not I will spend any more money on this mess they created.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pspoonpspoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I am drifting through the last 2 months of my VIP and doubting whether or not I will spend any more money on this mess they created.

I bought this game when it came out and played 6 months. Just came back a few months ago... I have come to realize I have already spent too much money and there is no end in sight in terms of the way endgame is set up. I have no mount collars, the things I have bought are VIP, account bound epic mounts and 2 race packs. But most of my insignias are blue, some purple. I have a few mythic companions. I don't expect to get to endgame capability without grinding, I just finished the mirage weapon set to legendary so I am grinding as well. But I still don't have the IL for Sharandar, which apparently isn't really worth playing right now. In my opinion, the AD situation is a mess as well. It costs so much AD to get refinement stuff and you can only grind out 100K per day... And don't get me started on how repetitive this game is.. every campaign is the same, just different graphics. And most of the dungeons that I want to farm stuff from are just bad, the boreworm comes to mind. I definitely spent too much money already....
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    They are farmable, but takes patience. In my experience Master of the Hunt, Dread Legion, Kessels, and Shores of Turen are the best spots to get them. I got a stamana collar in Master of the Hunt yesterday. I've farmed about 10-12 collars in this content.

The grind for shards and dust is pretty nuts. The dust comes from playing the game and saving it, the shards being trapped behind RNG sucks balls.

As for them messing up your %s, you can rebalance with them equipped I can cap 4 x 90% on dps with 1 Mythic, 2 Leg, and 2 Epic collars. But that means other things upgraded and more time/money investment.