test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions ?

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Hello i haven't played for a long time and i can't find the click to send your companions to train. Did they change this?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    jarfaru said:

Hello i haven't played for a long time and i can't find the click to send your companions to train. Did they change this?

Yes. No more training.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    OK WOW players have been asking for that for years. No one thought they would ever do it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    AD or comp tokens to advance rank (upgrade).
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yeah I wouldn't get too excited. Now to max out your companion(s) you need to spend in the order of 25-35mil AD
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Yeah I wouldn't get too excited. Now to max out your companion(s) you need to spend in the order of 25-35mil AD

Ok that sucks
    Or you can just work for Sybella for a (long) while.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Or you can just work for Sybella for a (long) while.

I have 6 characters on my account, I did manage to collect enough of the tokens to get some upgrades. The trick is to collect them in your bank and remain goal focused. Every Monday I did her 3 quests six times, boring yes, but 30 tokens a week and 4 weeks later you have 120 for an upgrade.

Just killing time...
    I've got 9 and doing the same. My main has a working stable of comps. So working on the next.

And there's the 20 comp tokens from the Grove campaign of New Sharadar. That's per character.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    true, but takes forever that way
    And the amount of AD is enough to make one cry. Pick your poison.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    but no one complains how this game is with really absurd prices and no one does anything years to upgrade a thing
    edited May 2021
    lantern22 said:

true, but takes forever that way

Games are often referred to as pastimes, because they are used to pass the time. I don't think every Monday for 4 weeks constitutes forever, unless you are a housefly and then it would be a lifetime. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    edited May 2021
    I don't even do that on "Monday". I do collect the quests of the week for my 6 toons. I am not going to do anything until:
    1. there are 3 quests collected for the campaign area.
    2. there are other quests from different quest givers for the same campaign area.

I prefer one stone to hit multiple birds. Getting the rewards in a hurry does not help much.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    So you just collect the quests for weeks and weeks waiting until you have a long laundry list. Then blow them all out of the water on the same day? Sorry, I don't see the advantage. I do echo the sentiment, getting rewards in a hurry doesn't help much.

I don't play a lot in Neverwinter unless summoned to be a meat shield. Mercenaries, such as myself, don't get a lot of work these days. Apparently this happens when they do a rework of the companion mechanics, some get mad and go home, others try to be superman and do it all by themselves, and too few try to party up with a group and work together to overcome the odds. Go hire a merc today! Meat shields only need to distract your enemy long enough for you to stab them in the back. I will be the one holding the cardboard sign that reads, "Will die for food". :trollface:

Just killing time...
    edited May 2021

So you just collect the quests for weeks and weeks waiting until you have a long laundry list. Then blow them all out of the water on the same day? Sorry, I don't see the advantage. I do echo the sentiment, getting rewards in a hurry doesn't help much.

Yes, I collect that for weeks. When a campaign collected 3 quests, I would do that campaign area. The 3 quests usually are:

1. BHE + 3 HE
    2. 5 quests
    3. kill 100.

When you do (1), it may fulfil part of (2) [depends on the area] and fulfil part of (3).
    When you do (2), it will help complete (3).

If you do that right the way when the quest arrives, you will need to do each one independently without contributing the other 2.

So, instead of doing 3 quests in 3 different area every week, I do 3 quests in the same area.

If I throw in weekly AD run in the mix, I will have weeks to deal with the Sybella tasks. For example, the icewind dale Sybella tasks. I do Biggrin every week for AD run. In 5 weeks, the Sybella 5 quests and 100 kills will be fulfilled. I don't need to do anything extra. In the 5 times I visit Icepass and if I see the BHE pops, I will do it. I also could pick up some easy HE if it comes by. Then, the Sybella HE quest is also covered. I don't need to do those Sybella tasks dedicatedly.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Yes, I collect that for weeks. When a campaign collected 3 quests, I would do that campaign area. The 3 quests usually are:

1. BHE + 3 HE
    2. 5 quests
    3. kill 100.

When you do (1), it may fulfil part of (2) [depends on the area] and fulfil part of (3).
    When you do (2), it will help complete (3).

If you do that right the way when the quest arrives, you will need to do each one independently without contributing the other 2.

So, instead of doing 3 quests in 3 different area every week, I do 3 quests in the same area.

If I throw in weekly AD run in the mix, I will have weeks to deal with the Sybella tasks. For example, the icewind dale Sybella tasks. I do Biggrin every week for AD run. In 5 weeks, the Sybella 5 quests and 100 kills will be fulfilled. I don't need to do anything extra. In the 5 times I visit Icepass and if I see the BHE pops, I will do it. I also could pick up some easy HE if it comes by. Then, the Sybella HE quest is also covered. I don't need to do those Sybella tasks dedicatedly.
    This.

It is so much more time efficient than any other way of running Legacy for Sybella.

Back when I bothered with the Sybella quests, I did exactly this, it certainly halves the time take to achieve the 3 seperate parts in a campaign area
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah I collect them too - having all three types for one area really reduces the total time spent.

I also save my trade bars from my daily vip key lockbox and convert them to companion upgrade tokens when they are on sale (2tb instead of 3tb).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited May 2021
    I forgot to mention I also may time it when the area has 2x campaign currency. My basic rule is to do less and get more without extra effort. In addition, before mod 20, I was crazy about getting XP (which means AD). Finishing more quests (more XP) with the same amount of effort the better.