test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Solution to the Zen exchange and the Vip issues

13»

Comments

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    @corazonxdx: I don't know if there's trillions of AD laying around unused...not saying there isn't, but I'm still at a point in the game where I have a lot of room to upgrade the characters I play so I save and spend my AD on those upgrades. Some of the changes have made upgrades easier by giving more access to things like companion tokens, tradebars and rough astral diamonds.

When I see players talk about adding AD sinks the thing that comes to mind is they're just looking for ways to remove AD from the game and we end up with something like those portals to save time running around. I mean are there any new players willing to spend their AD on something like that when they have to save so much AD for upgrades? And are players with millions of AD going to spend AD for something like that when they have the VIP signpost? Even without VIP I'd rather run to the exits than spend AD to use them.

There's so many other things in the game that are more important for them to fix than spending time on ways to remove AD from the game let alone something that's temporary. A change like this isn't a small task and I would rather see them spend their time fixing things that need to be fixed rather than fixing something that really isn't broken.

Maybe you can give a better idea for how AD as the only main currency would be profitable for both the player and Cryptic because all I can see is higher AD costs for items which means more mindless grinding than we already have.

For example, Xuna has been posting for 14 million AD or more lately. Personally, I don't think she's worth that much, but that's just me. I have a wizard and warlock I use her with and I can't imagine spending that much on her for the other characters I play. So with AD as the only main currency it seems like she could double or triple in cost.

Another thing, let's take bank slots as an example since VIP would be removed.
    The way it is now they cost 500 zen for 16 slots per character, that's 375k AD we need to put in the zax to get them. With only AD as main currency, how much would a reasonable price be for these bank slots? 750k AD...one million AD? 1.5 million AD?

I would feel less motivated to spend real money on AD than I do now for zen even if it is only for VIP or because there's a good sale on zen. The more they try to tighten their grip on things to increase profits the less fun the game becomes.

Anyways, this dragged out longer than I expected, but there's so much that could be said and questioned.

I'll keep a lookout for the link to your video here.
  • corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User

@corazonxdx: I don't know if there's trillions of AD laying around unused...not saying there isn't, but I'm still at a point in the game where I have a lot of room to upgrade the characters I play so I save and spend my AD on those upgrades. Some of the changes have made upgrades easier by giving more access to things like companion tokens, tradebars and rough astral diamonds.

When I see players talk about adding AD sinks the thing that comes to mind is they're just looking for ways to remove AD from the game and we end up with something like those portals to save time running around. I mean are there any new players willing to spend their AD on something like that when they have to save so much AD for upgrades? And are players with millions of AD going to spend AD for something like that when they have the VIP signpost? Even without VIP I'd rather run to the exits than spend AD to use them.

There's so many other things in the game that are more important for them to fix than spending time on ways to remove AD from the game let alone something that's temporary. A change like this isn't a small task and I would rather see them spend their time fixing things that need to be fixed rather than fixing something that really isn't broken.

Maybe you can give a better idea for how AD as the only main currency would be profitable for both the player and Cryptic because all I can see is higher AD costs for items which means more mindless grinding than we already have.

For example, Xuna has been posting for 14 million AD or more lately. Personally, I don't think she's worth that much, but that's just me. I have a wizard and warlock I use her with and I can't imagine spending that much on her for the other characters I play. So with AD as the only main currency it seems like she could double or triple in cost.

Another thing, let's take bank slots as an example since VIP would be removed.
    The way it is now they cost 500 zen for 16 slots per character, that's 375k AD we need to put in the zax to get them. With only AD as main currency, how much would a reasonable price be for these bank slots? 750k AD...one million AD? 1.5 million AD?

I would feel less motivated to spend real money on AD than I do now for zen even if it is only for VIP or because there's a good sale on zen. The more they try to tighten their grip on things to increase profits the less fun the game becomes.

Anyways, this dragged out longer than I expected, but there's so much that could be said and questioned.

I'll keep a lookout for the link to your video here.

if xuna is added to the AH store it will be at let's say 1 mil ad you get a coupon 20% you buy for 800k since every player in game has access to that shop at anytime the AH can never go past maximum price so your profit will only ever be as high as your discount and since people can BUY AD i am not removing all form of profit for cryptic but what i am doing is regulating the outrageous prices just pres wards if they are available on AD store for 75k ad this automatically means people can't abuse prices so if you save up AD as a player and buy with EVENT discounts and coupons you can make profit just the profit WILL NEVER BE HIGHER THAN THE MAX PRICE OF THE ITEM. which stops the nefarious AH so called free market ... so every player gets something out of it people need to spend the AD what is the point of it sitting there ? waiting for a magical fix that will never come this solution solves many of the other solutions you can even BUY VIP WITH AD so every player can have it. so a new player can get vip faster and if he is lazy to farm AD he/she BUYS AD .... this is the reasoning that is all ( regulate prices and make items more available and bring cosmetics into the game its not a hammer change as people think it is )
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    I have a large stack of BtA Pres Wards. I have several BtC Pres Wards in the bank on various toons. I have a decent stack of unbound Pres Wards in the bank as well.

All of these have one thing in common: they didn't cost me a damned cent.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    greywynd said:

I have a large stack of BtA Pres Wards. I have several BtC Pres Wards in the bank on various toons. I have a decent stack of unbound Pres Wards in the bank as well.

All of these have one thing in common: they didn't cost me a damned cent.

I also have a stack of BtA C-ward + stacks of p-ward. They did not cost me a damned cent or AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    @corazonxdx: The more you explain this to me the less it makes sense. I mean this all sounds good from the player perspective, but not overall for the game.

So right now there's sales for buying zen....would there be sales for buying AD under your system or would Cryptic be relying only on player's laziness for buying AD?

The thing is, just because Xuna isn't worth 14 million AD to me doesn't mean she wouldn't be worth that much to some other player. I've been seeing an increase of players running around with Xuna's even with that high of a price on her. I think most of that price is tied into her drop rate because she's very hard to get as a drop for the majority of players. Now with the elite pack that has her in it the price has dropped to roughly 6 to 7 million AD on the low end. That means even more players will be getting her.

It seems like fixing prices (or capping them) would make it too easy for players to get. One million AD, or 800k AD with a 20% off coupon, seems a bit under priced....I understand it was just an example. A more reasonable example, to me, would have been anywhere from 2.5 million to 5 million AD because she's definitely more valuable than 1 million. But like I said, I think most of her price is tied into her drop rate. Personally, I think it would be more satisfying to get her as a drop rather than buying her in the AH. The same goes for anything that's valuable in the game.

Another thing, giving players the freedom to set the price for what they post on the AH doesn't mean we're forced to pay that price. What it comes down to is how much a player is willing to pay and it's up to the player to decide if they'll pay it or wait for the price to drop....or go without until it drops from a chest.

I doubt players sitting on a lot of AD are waiting for some magical fix...they're probably waiting for zen or something worthwhile to spend it on since they already have everything they need to succeed. Or maybe they just enjoy feeling wealthy. I still don't see what you propse keeping people from finding a way to hoard AD.

I would rather see drop rates increased for premium rewards than zen removed from the game and AD being the main currency....something like Dungeon Delver's Delight being the baseline and then doubling that for the Delver's delight event. Isn't it more fun to get something valuable from a chest than to just pay for it?