test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the Collaborative Development Program!

13»

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Any update on the CDP?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • godlygamer44godlygamer44 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The Game has a critical Issue of major disturbance. There are two automated system for mutes (SPAM GUARD.). The system should be non-existent if you already have in place an additional automated system that ACTUALLY GUARDS SPAM.
    Remove the REPORT SPAM button from the game. if you already have a rule in place that limits amount of sent messages to 3 per minute. That is in fact reasonable, but what is unreasonable is random players reporting spam that auto-bans you for 24 hours?????? WHY????? which actually is impossible due to the SPAM GUARD. This hinders in game activities such as trading, questing, raiding, simplest terms communication amongst members attempting to do anything together. PLEASE FIX THIS. This is very unreasonable I've experienced this injustice 3 times so far.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited April 2021

The Game has a critical Issue of major disturbance. There are two automated system for mutes (SPAM GUARD.). The system should be non-existent if you already have in place an additional automated system that ACTUALLY GUARDS SPAM.

Remove the REPORT SPAM button from the game. if you already have a rule in place that limits amount of sent messages to 3 per minute. That is in fact reasonable, but what is unreasonable is random players reporting spam that auto-bans you for 24 hours?????? WHY????? which actually is impossible due to the SPAM GUARD. This hinders in game activities such as trading, questing, raiding, simplest terms communication amongst members attempting to do anything together. PLEASE FIX THIS. This is very unreasonable I've experienced this injustice 3 times so far.

Describe your so called Actual spam Guard system, or how it should work?

Also what you consider as normal speed/tempo in zone chat? 1 message per minute or what? I mean, through all my played mmorpg games, zone chat activity also indicate games health.. If chat shows very little activity, then either most players are offline or game is not in best shape.. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    Any update on future CDPs @cwhitesidedev#9752 @nitocris83 ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

it's ded I tell yah D.E.D Ded. like a spider what had been crushenated.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

it's ded I tell yah D.E.D Ded. like a spider what had been crushenated.
    Gotta let it RIP
    - bye bye -
    @nitocris83

Any update on the future of the CDP after mr Whiteside left the team?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    My wife commented on the CDP back on page 2. To summarize what she expressed;
    • The forum represents a minority portion of the players.
    • Most players just don't care to discuss changes, they want to argue and complain about them.
    • Forums are toxic, why? Player's infamy are hidden by handles. You know who the developers are, they don't know you.
    • The CDP needs an open format, where people can discuss without conflict. This cannot happen on any forum.
    • Whatever that format might be, players need to be taken by the hand and led there during down times for maintenance.
    I don't have any suggestions or opinions on how to get positive feedback, from a group of users, who feel they have no control over content. Both sides know the content is created up to a year in advance and details are kept secret to prevent early disclosure. If the CDP is suppose to operate like a focus group, then disclosure is not an option anymore. Cryptic Studios acts like they are in competition with a rival company, such as Coke versus Pepsi, but there is no rival company trying to steal their ideas.

I agree with most of what my wife, Wendy Black, had to say to everyone in January. She ended her comments with, "Maybe the CDP is a dead old lady on life support. I hope they can figure it out and save her." While I understand the analogy here, they don't put dead people on life support my dear. :smile:
    @hotfrostworm
    I think the relatives of the dead old lady on life support would appreciate it if she was pronounced dead instead of the doctor responsible for her well-being told them he would "carve out time to check on her next week".
    If said doctor even left his position at the hospital to go work for another hospital without telling anyone while the dead lady was still dead and the relatives were still in the waiting room, I think there may even be some hurt feelings involved.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    wilbur626 said:

I think the relatives of the dead old lady on life support would appreciate it if she was pronounced dead instead of the doctor responsible for her well-being told them he would "carve out time to check on her next week".
    If said doctor even left his position at the hospital to go work for another hospital without telling anyone while the dead lady was still dead and the relatives were still in the waiting room, I think there may even be some hurt feelings involved.

Doctor changed without telling patient their leaving all the time in the hospitals. Most patients do not have any close relationship with the doctors. They just need to talk to "someone" who is changed every half day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Doctor changed without telling patient their leaving all the time in the hospitals. Most patients do not have any close relationship with the doctors. They just need to talk to "someone" who is changed every half day.

This is not true in Norway. Free Health care ftw
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited May 2021
    wilbur626 said:

> @plasticbat said:
    > Doctor changed without telling patient their leaving all the time in the hospitals. Most patients do not have any close relationship with the doctors. They just need to talk to "someone" who is changed every half day.

This is not true in Norway. Free Health care ftw

It is true in Canada and we also have 'free' health care. For us, it is not exactly 'free' because tax payers pay for it but it is totally irrelevant topic.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I don't really care about my doctors.
    But after our experience with CDPs and the implementation of the, err, results, do you WANT another CDP?
    - bye bye -
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @jules and @plasticbat , I am slightly curious, if we revisit and review the positive suggestions a year from now, just how many of the players suggestions will be implemented into the game? Which ones will become a reality and which will fade into oblivion? I assume this section will remain, even if the CDP is dormant for the next 2 years. Let's all check back here May 1st, 2022.
    edited May 2021

@jules and @plasticbat , I am slightly curious, if we revisit and review the positive suggestions a year from now, just how many of the players suggestions will be implemented into the game? Which ones will become a reality and which will fade into oblivion? I assume this section will remain, even if the CDP is dormant for the next 2 years. Let's all check back here May 1st, 2022.

@hotfrostworm

CDP operated as they posted a NEW development topic periodically for players to discuss and organized with different stages of discussion. The last time was March 2020.
    If they are not going to post any NEW topic to discuss, it means CDP is not operating. We will see if they will revive it by May, 2022.

Yes, the CDP forum will probably stay just like Foundry forum.

@jules and @plasticbat , I am slightly curious, if we revisit and review the positive suggestions a year from now, just how many of the players suggestions will be implemented into the game? Which ones will become a reality and which will fade into oblivion?

The convenient ones might be - maybe I will check it out next year, but probably not

- bye bye -
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    This whole CDP concept seems pretty dead to me. Or was it ever alive in the first place?. It seems very little of any of the good suggestions ever got implemened and Cryptic has gone silent. Even something as simple as increasing the size of professions bag. I’m sorry but it seems to me the only thing the developers know how to do is just make more heroics encounters that nobody wants to play without a system to easily engage in them across instances. Not only that, the gated content and the “battlepass” is just a poor effort to hide that there is no real content and most of the new gear are reskinned HAMSTER nobody wants. I could go on but just wanted to express my dissapointment in the lack of progress on the “premier Mmorg” and the “living worlds”. It’s the same old stuff, different day. (except the exchange is completely screwed now too)
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    cdp ball dropped, got kicked around and rolled under a desk
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the person who owned it is no longer with cryptic so that's probably why
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I forget who, but while cdp was going on they wrote up a long document that mentioned CW did this exact same thing with another company and nothing came out of the cdp. It was worthless from the start.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

I forget who, but while cdp was going on they wrote up a long document that mentioned CW did this exact same thing with another company and nothing came out of the cdp. It was worthless from the start.

https://guides.jannenw.info/2020/08/27/my-sharps-feedback-on-the-current-direction-of-neverwinter/

That?
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yes, thank you. I have a hard time remembering who says what on forums.
This discussion has been closed.