test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge fps drops if I open friendlist

hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Everytime I open my friendlist ("Social" - "Friends" - O shortcut) the game's FPS drops from 140+ to around 10 FPS. I've been playing since the Beta and I guess my friendlist has become a bit too big.

Anyways, this is quite annoying because every action that I do in the Social tab is in slow motion due to the low FPS. If I close the tab, everything is back to normal.
Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    How large is your friends list? When did this FPS drop start happening?

Thanks!
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Thanks!

I am not sure about the exact number. I guess around 400 - 500 maybe. This started slowly over the last 12 months.
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I've noticed/talked about FPS issues in the friends list for years. I have no idea how many friends I have (few hundred?), but it started even before I started accepting more people and had <100. Reminds me of what playing on my old laptop was like :p
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Thanks!

it happens to me too also my friend list is very large but i mean it is an mmo we should have large friend lists :l it is common and it happens to me too and many others but i thought it would be fixed soon

• catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I've been reporting that HUD terribly reduces FPS a while ago.

Not only friendlist

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1256343/hud-greatly-affecting-fps/
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I can confirm that a MASSIVE Friendslist DOES indeed cause lag. I get it every time I ACCIDENTALLY press O. I hate my Social Tab because of that reason so I never check who's online unless it's absolutely important.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    This issue has become a lot better with Module 21! The friendlist doesn't really effect my frame rate anymore :)