test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RTQ, EDQ, ETC. Dragon key chest rewards should scale with level and class

azaziel35azaziel35 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
So i played neverwinter for a long time a long time ago and i came back after 5 years gone a few months ago. Running RTQ's and EDQ's and all other Ques unless they are the Higher ones is pointless at the moment, except to get refinement materials. All the gear that is dropped in anything below undermountains RTQ's etc. Is so low IL and most of it is level 70 at least to equip and no where near as good as the stuff you get when you talk to nevermember in the moonstone mask when you get the undermountain quest line as far as IL is concerned. If we are spending money to buy Zen to buy dragon keys, Then when we use those keys to open chests at the end of ques we should get a equitable reward scaled to our charachter level and our class and there should be a low rng chance of getting legendary or mythic gear doing this. Otherwise what is the point of level 80 charachters that have IL of 30k or higher running constant ques to farm nothing but refinement items that can be bought with tamalune trade bars and Astral diamonds at the AH? This should have been done a long time ago.

Comments

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Back in August of last year the new lead dev Chris W posted a roadmap for the next 2 years showing rough dates for various types of updates, new episodes and mods, etc. Among the promised milestones was a "New Event: Rewards System" which I interpreted to mean a refresh/overhaul of the current system. That was supposed to go live about 2 months ago according to the roadmap.

They've stayed true to the roadmap in part, but that particular milestone hasn't been completed, so far as I can tell. I'm sure the easy explanation is 'COVID slowed us down'.

We'll see if/when that update is finally made whether it's worth getting back into dungeons again. I personally don't do dungeons anymore because the level of effort / time investment required is not equitably rewarded by the contents of the chests.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Back in August of last year the new lead dev Chris W posted a roadmap for the next 2 years showing rough dates for various types of updates, new episodes and mods, etc. Among the promised milestones was a "New Event: Rewards System" which I interpreted to mean a refresh/overhaul of the current system. That was supposed to go live about 2 months ago according to the roadmap.

They've stayed true to the roadmap in part, but that particular milestone hasn't been completed, so far as I can tell. I'm sure the easy explanation is 'COVID slowed us down'.

We'll see if/when that update is finally made whether it's worth getting back into dungeons again. I personally don't do dungeons anymore because the level of effort / time investment required is not equitably rewarded by the contents of the chests.

that event for the rewards system is the Dungeon Delver's Delight event. x2 chance for premium drops in dungeons
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    With Whiteside being gone, it is really up in the air what the devs are planning. Anyway, the roadmap was more miss than hit outside of the module release parts.

As for the OP, you can craft all of the keys for those chests. At any rate, the reward for running those queues is the RAD but they all have the same small chance to drop food stuff that endgame chesta have. I have gotten 2 account wide legendary mount drops. One was in Vault of Stars, the other in Malabog's Castle.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Malabog's Castle key can no longer be crafted. It may be purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar for 2500AD (base).
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I miss the days when you could queue for whatever you liked - sure, some dungeons were neglected but that's because they were either buggy or boring.

I do think the OP has a point - rewards used to match difficulty, but the point of scaling is to make all dungeons have roughly the same difficulty regardless of TIL. They have failed somewhat in that goal (see a bunch of level 30 players try to run cloak tower) but for a L80, most dungeons are all the same difficulty - so they should all have the same rewards.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Back in mod 12 (?) they introduced dungeon specific gear (Survivors Wraps from edemo for example), the introduction of the new combat system would be a perfect time to revisit this idea.

This could easily be expanded by adding specific drops to players queuing with the hardcore and/or reduced item level modes enabled.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The rewards really do need adjusting within this new stat system. Things take much longer than before and eat resources like crazy.

The thing that is on my mind at the moment is the return of Master of the Hunt. It's been reworked and is being released today. If this skrimish takes 10-15 mins+ and the chest at the end has not been reworked then there will again be upset players. This was a fun quick run in the past, rewards were not great but imo they reflected the 5 mins it took to run the skrimish. Now that we need to buy the key for 2500 AD, if the chest at the end only offers 1200 rAD + an overload I know I'll not be a happy camper. Also, would be nice to see the key added to Sharandar campaign store for orders, not AD from the bazaar.
    Yeah, making npc's in Master of the Hunt hit harder wasn't necessary - I see enough players die or lose a ton of HP when mobbed already. I predict Cryptic are in for a ton of negative feedback on this one.

The patch notes say Master of the Hunt will properly award new campaign currency, so it would make sense that the rewards will be updated as well. That doesn't say a whole lot considering how the rewards work in everything else. I think the hardest part to overcome is going to be comparing the difficulty of the new to the old.

I agree they should add the key to the Sharandar campaign. I haven't been able to find anything worth spending Potions of Undead on so that would be cool to make the Bramble key available with those....or maybe even the Malabog's Castle key and then part three currency for the Bramble key.
    The whole idea of spending AD for these two keys just seems totally out of place.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It will be interesting to see as well if they actually addressed the fact that since m15 added the extra chest to MotH, it was actually rewarding aa it were the one from Shores of Tuern. Buying a key with AD that doesn't even have the appropriate loot table makes even less sense than just spending AD on a key in the first place.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

Malabog's Castle key can no longer be crafted. It may be purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar for 2500AD (base).

Yes but you are going to get far more RAD than 2500 so the cost is moot.
    You can also purchase keys through the Acquisitions Inc campaign store line for the wolf key, webbed key and one other key.

Dragon keys can be made va tyranny, Valindras via dread rings, and Castle Never via underdark and Fangbraker via storm king

kharkov58 said:

Yes but you are going to get far more RAD than 2500 so the cost is moot.
    You can also purchase keys through the Acquisitions Inc campaign store line for the wolf key, webbed key and one other key.

Dragon keys can be made va tyranny, Valindras via dread rings, and Castle Never via underdark and Fangbraker via storm king

But are we going to get far more? They made no mention of increasing the rewards, just that they are adding the campaign currency.

Also, bear in mind that we will be swapping refined AD for unrefined AD. If the reward is still in the 1.5 - 5k AD range then it's barely worth running.

dang...they took the fun out of master of the hunt. wasn't this supposed to be a rework according to that dev timetable? 5 bashur's order plans and and some hound buff but same stale rewards? I really think they're trying to kill the game
    So I ran it yesterday - the difficulty change wasn't really noticeable but I made the key for the chest - cost 1.5kAD and the amount of AD from the chest? A max of 1.5kAD after using all 5 rolls. Some of the AD choices were for 800AD so not only would I be swapping refined for rough, I'd also make a loss.