test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    day 4: I was probably in my game today. Smooth sailing for all 5 rounds with my 40K Barbarian.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Wrong forum section. Please delete.
    Post edited by sak#3663 on
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

day 2: 40K Barbarian. A lot better than yesterday (as I said in another thread, I was rusty). The only complaint I have today is the gate bug that I stuck in the final gate (to the arena). "Switch character" and go back does not change position and keep stuck. I have to use VIP sigpost to get out. Re-take the quest and go back again. So, do not stay too close to the final gate when it is opening.

I've been stuck in that gate a lot, I just used the esc/help/stuck function, wait 10 seconds and it works every time.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Hmm.. I am keep hearing that Hell Pit with current combat changes is hard.
    There is other thread https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261032/hell-pit-sadness-and-remorse-over-the-state-of-nw/p1 where also talks about Hell pit and that is hard

So when Hell Pit return where announced, I was exited. I was like ohh boy it will be fun.. Then I head thats very hard. So I grab few stacks Stone of Health, grab potions and went there.

To be fair, first day was more interesting, second day was boring,, third event day I skipped( personal life stuffs).

And today it's fourth Event day.. So I recorded video, how it look like when more less average warlock ( ~45 IL ) gets in Hell pit. Need to note, what I use are not even BIS for 45k IL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYA-gWlQYo0

p.s music starts at 50s,, Had to mute previous played music and add any random ones and reupload.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Warlock 44-45k made it.
    Wizard 45 got smoked and bailed
    Tank 49 went on forever and then got smoked.
    Haven’t tried other classes yet.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Warlock 44-45k made it.
    Wizard 45 got smoked and bailed
    Tank 49 went on forever and then got smoked.
    Haven’t tried other classes yet.

In short describe how you where doing and what powers you used as wizard.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    day 5: It was also okay and I figure this event is more about time management. Pay attention to the clock, artifact cooldown, daily filled, health potion cooldown, etc. With only melee enemy left, run away and take a few seconds off the clock.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

> @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > In short describe how you where doing and what powers you used as wizard.

And the ranged dudes interrupt with massive hits. You can’t get away from their CA and putting your back to the wall just means they paint it with your blood.

yeah I tried all ways to reduce their CA over me, failed everytime.

I don't know if that makes any difference. I always try to kill the range guy first and avoid the melee one. They can't hurt me unless they are close by. I usually stay in one side of arena (nobody behind me) and let the melee guys come to me. Make some hit to the melee guys if the range guys are not yet in range. Usually, the range guy will come later and stay in the middle of the arena. Then, as a Barbarian, I rush pass everyone to the other side of arena (nobody behind me again) and seek and the range range guys in the middle of arena. Then, go to the edge of the other side and wait for melee/range guys to come over again. That takes time off the clock. If the mob attacks my companion in the middle, perfect. I just stay on the edge to watch and help all sort of cooldown.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I don't know if that makes any difference. I always try to kill the range guy first and avoid the melee one. They can't hurt me unless they are close by. I usually stay in one side of arena (nobody behind me) and let the melee guys come to me. Make some hit to the melee guys if the range guys are not yet in range. Usually, the range guy will come later and stay in the middle of the arena. Then, as a Barbarian, I rush pass everyone to the other side of arena (nobody behind me again) and seek and the range range guys in the middle of arena. Then, go to the edge of the other side and wait for melee/range guys to come over again. That takes time off the clock. If the mob attacks my companion in the middle, perfect. I just stay on the edge to watch and help all sort of cooldown.

Good plan. IF I could be bothered I would give that a try on a barbie. Thank you for this.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2021

> @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > In short describe how you where doing and what powers you used as wizard.

Tempest to knock over
    Icy terrain to try cc
    Stop time
    Then hit disintegrate if not over run
    Tried Trex to chomp minion and music box to chomp more.
    Tried Burnnors helm to slow
    As well as staff of flowers

Comp was cold iron warrior as I don’t have air arc or dwarf pick for AOE

Warlock does better because you can move and attack and the long animations are for hell ring and daily. Show slip for the win.

Wizards have slow encounters
    And the ranged dudes interrupt with massive hits. You can’t get away from their CA and putting your back to the wall just means they paint it with your blood.

Wizard suck- nothing new :]

PS. Mobs hits TOO HARD in Neverwinter after combat rework :)
    Post edited by modlesie on
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    @callumf and other experimenters: Do not forget that every meele class has one jump power.

The Mighty leap of barbarian is especially good choice here as it does not require target, so you can use it for both attacking the rangers and escaping from the crowd. (feated mightier leap is even better as you have 2 jumps to consolidate your standing and does more damage)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    This was made trivial by bone harvester hood. It ez
  • hamsterioustoon#6983 hamsterioustoon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am a returning player ,low TIL and I struggle with content.
    I own a fighter and kills monsters so slow that in the end I am overwhelmed.
    I think all tank classes need a damage boost.

Devs please!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yesterday, I took my 50k il CW in. Lag hit so hard when the gate went up I went down before I could do anything. That pretty much set the pace for the day.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    yup the last time I was in there the lag was preventing me from using encounters so I left in phase 5 and decided to not bother with the rest of the event.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    > @rikitaki said:
    > @callumf and other experimenters: Do not forget that every meele class has one jump power.
    >
    > The Mighty leap of barbarian is especially good choice here as it does not require target, so you can use it for both attacking the rangers and escaping from the crowd. (feated mightier leap is even better as you have 2 jumps to consolidate your standing and does more damage)

Wizards don’t have a jump, they have a limited teleport, which you use to get away, then do this weird Martin Short walk, like you have cramps.

Warlocks have the awesome Shadow slip and then their walk is all hunched and eager for blood, like don’t move, I’m not done killing you yet.

Clerics do the electric slide all cool and suave and their combat walk is like your mom chasing you holding up the juice box you dropped.

All meant to run Away from the pointy things.
    @silente07 I was suggesting possible useful Powers for Melee Classes, so now I am confused why do you respond to my post with totally unrelated topic.
    edited May 2021
    > @rikitaki said:
    > @silente07 I was suggesting possible useful Powers for Melee Classes, so now I am confused why do you respond to my post with totally unrelated topic.

it was for levity’s sake.
    My bad.
    Post edited by silente07#2597 on
    edited May 2021
    @silente07 I wrote "meele"... If one typo is too much for you to decipher, I am sorry to confuse you.

> @rikitaki said:
    > @silente07 I was suggesting possible useful Powers for Melee Classes, so now I am confused why do you respond to my post with totally unrelated topic.

You said every DPS class, not melee. I was pointing out that NOT every DPS has those powers.
    Also it was for levity’s sake.
    My bad.

Check the quote within your own message above, there was no mention of DPS.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Not fun at all for me in this scaled iteration so giving it a pass as there's better ways to spend my time.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Check the quote within your own message above, there was no mention of DPS.

Thanks for needlessly pointing that out!

> @rikitaki said:
    > @silente07 I wrote "meele"... If one typo is too much for you to decipher, I am sorry to confuse you.

It’s way too much to deciphering.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    First 7 days on my TR 35k was normal (died about 2-5 times daily, then focused on killing casters and Fanatics and it was much easier).
    But 8th day wasn't fun at all, survived first 3 stages, but couldn't make it on 4th, the room had plenty of 3 star mobs (Hezroes, Glabrezu, etc.). I don't think I'll try again. I guess I'm not strong enough (I never use stones, just drinking f2p potions).
    Maybe my 34k Barbarian would do better, but not sure if he'll get tokens of Achievement.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I gave up on the first successful attempt with difficulty object level 48,000 barbie yes you got it right Barbie and this is her real name by now pg thanks to these cryptic masochists
    edited May 2021
    day 8: 40K Barbarian, labour through 5 rounds. Fail in bonus round.
    day 8: upgrade to 42K Barbarian.
    day 9: 42K Barbarian, labour through 5 rounds (slightly better than day 8). Fail in bonus round.

I hit the gate bug about 3 times in the process. To put salt to the wound, my companion hit the gate bug twice ALONE (i.e. I was out there but my companion was blocked by the gate bug). The first time, I died. The 2nd time, the fire rock from the sky somehow killed my companion and it could come back out.
  • wendark#2873 wendark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Fighter il50k - first 7 days bit tough but doable with lots of pots, Day 8 Tier2 struggled through it using stones, died 4 or 5 times. In round 3 onwards these Gazebros ithink? with the powerful aoe makes it hard to melee without dying and moving away a lot more means you end up getting swamped and dying. Doubt ill be able to make it at all through the 3rd Tier - so think i'm probably going to quit it now..
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Do you think they've realised the event is a fail yet..?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Do you think they've realised the event is a fail yet..?

They might consider it as a success if those Hell Pit Zen items sell well.

The difficulties are very apparent this round of Hell Pit vs previous, it should not be in the early rounds. While I have no issues with my CW, I still have to strategically plan my combat and stay focus. The Devs have to adjust the damage output of these mobs in the early rounds, so that it allow new/under gear players to get some tokens and feel like they participated rather than getting decimated by imps and hounds.

I am very disappointed with this event at it current state.