test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What NEW Realms Inspired Mount would you like to see next?

Comments

• planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    A Modron, best a cube like the ones from Planescape, upon which one can sit cross-legged.
    And I agree that donkeys are great.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    How about a Dryder..

Mount Power: Barrage - 3 targets near you are struck for 750 magnitude damage and set on fire for 3 seconds.

Bonus: Gain 10 Action Points whenever you deflect an attack. Daily Power activation reduces your encounter cooldowns by 1 second.

* note: I dont actually care about the mount skin... but it would be nice to see a better mount for direct damage.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    How about a wildshaped druid who complains the whole time?
    Then when we get druid player class a druid can complain about being ridden by a druid as you do a mission for druids
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    any free legendary mount for anyone that didnt get one during the 99.9% drop rate giveaway
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    How about "Boots of Flying" little boots that have fluttering wings that let you hover over the ground at high speeds.
    ( Yes inspired by Evelyn Marthane )
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    since this is Dungeons and Dragons, wouldn't it be sensible to have a Dragon, Fire Air Water Earth, The Elemental, then use some other facets of what each element does, Pigs do not Fit the Lore, Lions do, even Elk, the Elemental Companions fit. Fir the Lore not a Imagined idea, Lore of Dragons Lore of Dungeons. Just because you think a Pig would fit maybe on a table for dinner but a mount?? Fit the Lore of the Game.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    We have a mount which turns us into mist, butterflies, or bats.

When do I get to turn into a black housecat? a really fast one.
  • tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    A good mount would be a Gold or Silver Dragon. Limited Flight or no flight, Gliding would be good. Dragons Fit the lore, a Bear is a good one for anyone as well as Wolves. Maybe even some Bird Mounts not Chickens, Chicken is Dinner, so Eating your Mount in your Craft hall. Lol. The Cloud Rain one I have seen is a Good one for Mages Sorceress any one really. Even the Clerics. An Eagle would be good for the Clerics though. Yes a Class Specific would be Good so not Every one has the same things. Also make them Fit to the Healing or DPS sides. just my 25 cents worth
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2020

a

You already have the Whirlwind... why not have Ball Lightning (Think: Hamster-ball Lightning Orb with the player suspended inside), Tornado of Fire (Pillar of Fire), Tidal Wave, and Blizzard?

For the Festival of Lights, you could have a Red-ribboned and Bowed "Gift-wrapped Gelatinous Cube".

sharknado?

• helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Pegasus mount. To bad it does fly in the game.
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    feedback: wolfs types mounts should jump differetly, the effect motorcycle its pretty ugly to me.. i always loved wolfs when i was child
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > Displacer Beast, not a reskin of another cat either...

Yes! Been waiting since the beginning for these. At least as a companion. Figure they might want to try it out as an enemy first to get the leg movements down.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    As far as new mounts go, a Pegasus.

But then a lot of different pegasi. White pegasi, black pegasi, brown pegasi, spotted pegasi.... Basically, if there is a horse skin in the game I want them to slap some wings on it and make it available as a pegasus.

But I think that many existing mounts could definitely use some more variation.
    Why not have a solid white griffon, a solid black griffon, a solid brown griffon, etc.? We have a brown and white griffon, with and without armor, and a purple and blue griffon. The latter seems like a very off the wall color choice given the options that are not in the game.

And speaking, tangenitally as it may be, of the siege event, let's get some more coat designs for the horses that can be gained there. Not just different colors but some different symbols as well.
    Just load them all into the game and make them available as unlocks through different sources. The siege event could have some, some could be in the C-store, others could be craftable (tailoring for some, leatherworking for others, maybe even some armorer work for some light barding), and some could be random drops from enemies of various levels.

A whole lot of "new" mount appearances without having to do a lot of totally new designs.
  • oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Avernus has a lot of cool looking Vehicles - I saw some on WolfHeartFPS on Youtube - the Baldur prequel which was the story of Zariel

Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxlDHOH2V5c

around 11:08 minutes - checkout the whole series - its pretty interesting
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I think fashion ito mounts and characters should get some major attention and provide players with as many options as possible to make themselves and their mounts look unique !!

- So what about a coloring system for mounts ?
    - what about some flying mounts even if they don't fly high .. That will be like crazy awesome
    - Please bring in more fashion and also bring back the old gear for transmutes PLEASE cause again we all want to be as unique as possible
    - bring in more organic transmutes for classes like Fighter and Paladin and not just the steel clanky and mechanical looking gear .. robes and cloaks will be great all can use them as they wish
    - More spear , longblade and shield transmutes for fighter class and make the spears and longblades be on the back not side or offer an option to put spear or sword etc on either side or back that will be great ! ...the spears and longblades look so much better on the back of fighters imo
    - make all weapons transmutes for rogues possible to change both main and offhand to transmute (some cases not possible)
    A DUCK!
  • quietwizard#1454 quietwizard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Cloak of levitation!! Please!
  • tolecnal#4468 tolecnal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How about:

Lolth - Spider Queen: Ability to cast an AOE web that roots all 2 stars and below minions and slows all others for 10 seconds (no damage)? Would be great for range classes.
    Storm Giant - Casts a mega lightning bolt (carries you under his arm)
    Giant Fire beetle - Sends out a swarm of beetles
    Minotaur (normal/iron/bronze) - Breathes gas that does AOE attack or hits with great weapon
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Boots of speed, so not really a "mount" per say, but just something that lets you run as fast as one without flying.

Or if you want more immersion ruining vehicles like those from Avernus, just add modern motorbikes (character pose is already in game, use the one when riding wolves).
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Displacer Beast, not a reskin of another cat either, full 3D model.

BTW: What I would rather see added to the game is an option companion mount. It looks silly for human and demi-human companions to be following me and keeping up with my mount. Just give them a basic horse nothing fancy,

I suggested the above back on page 4, July 2018, glad to see it in the game (even as a companion) I purchased many of these to be redistributed as gifts and prizes.

My thanks to the 3D artist, and the employees who took the time to see all the legs worked. I know they say that the stats are no good, but this is Cryptic and stats always change for better or worse. I want it clear, I am thanking the artists who made this look good, and not the person who does the math for those stats.

Have a cookie! :cookie:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The model looks good but the tentacles are too static, IMO.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The model looks good but the tentacles are too static, IMO.

The developer will tell you about armatures and the limitations of the game engine with tentacles. I am a fan of the old school 3D models. MD3 is a model format developed by id software for their Quake engine. The format uses vertex movements also called per-vertex animation. Verties are the "dots" or 3D points that make up the model's mesh. The new programs use skeletal animation (armatures) in order to store animation. I don't expect Neverwinter and other games to go retro, just saying this style was much less of a hassle to create and edit. Today everyone is into shortcuts, they want ragdoll physics, motion capture animations, and they don't want to do it all in house. It is all outsourced to other programs and libraries. Doing this makes your game engine limited to what they have in their library.

The positive thing about per-vertex, I could encode 10 frames per second into the MD3 and no matter your frame rate, the engine would fill in the other frames by moving the verticies to the next location in a straight line. It supports multiple textures on one mesh. It uses float precision for vertices, so the wobble is almost completely invisible. MD3 was limited by the Quake Engine to 1,000 3D points (verticies) per model, but when they released the source code, I rewrote the code to use 10,000 and it worked out pretty well. New graphic adapters can support a very high amount of polygons today. I suspect the Neverwinter models use much more than 10K, and most of those will be in the face and hair.

Anyone interested in 3D should download the Blender Engine, it is free opensource, cross platform, and was used to make the movie "Next Gen" . Current version is 2.9, however if you are looking at getting the version with the built in game engine you should download 2.79 instead. They removed the game engine in version 2.8 and tried to imitate another popular commercial 3D editor. I fully supported 2.79 for this reason alone. If you want to make a commercial game, go with the Blender fork that spawned when they dropped their game engine, you should check out Armory 3D. Armory is distributed for free under zlib license. This means Armory is free to use for any purposes, including development of proprietary closed-source software and selling copies of your work.

Tentacles would be best using per-vertex animation.
  • corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    just give us a dragon allready the game is called DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I'm still hoping for a legendary/mythic wolf mount with a combat power that can summon a pack of wolves to fight by my side.
    like a random pack of (5 or 6) winter wolves or hell hound or vicious dire wolves etc. Or a mix of all of the would be cool too.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I can imagine that the mounted versions of T-Rex type mounts were bred as a reason they are smaller than those fought in Chult but I don't know how you can provide a mount with the same name as the big bad in Omu, BUT seeing as you already did, please update the King of Spines mount to be bigger (match the size of the fought Kos?).
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
    How about a big white killer bunny wabbit?
    edited May 2021
    Please fix the Boots of Misty Steps. I strongly dislike the unpredictable jittery movement. It's like having to sit through a cutscene instead of driving. I strongly disbelieve that the movement is linked to and reflective/responsive to my mental/emotional/energetic state.
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on