test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acererak in Cradle of the Death God

I apologize if this isn't a "bug," but I honestly can't think of a better term for what I've noticed over the last couple weeks.

On PC, no change. Cradle of the Death God is successful depending on how many people know how to deal with the skulls, the cubes, the tubes, etc.

On PS4, something happened a couple weeks ago that made Acererak nigh unstoppable. At first I thought it was bad timing or bad luck, but today I watched a team go through like a Seal Team 6. They knocked out the skulls efficiently, they guided and targeted the cubes, they tore through the cords like a cold wind through your coat on a winter's night.

They dog-piled on Acererak the moment he appeared. Dailies. Mount Powers. Someone hit him with a literal kitchen sink.

Two weeks ago his hit points would have melted away like ice cream on a July sidewalk.

Today, as in the last two weeks or so, his hit points went down slowly while the Soulmonger steadily recharged and everyone died.

It takes up to 45 minutes to get into a random queue. It takes 20-30 minutes to reach Acererak in Cradle of the Death God.

It appears that, behind the scenes, someone put an extra zero on Acererak's hit points, and no one has noticed...or the game was made intentionally unwinnable.

And, before you say it, this is based on multiple groups, and this wasn't a matter of "they needed to be better players." I'm writing this because the group I just saw was the picture of what a team in Cradle should look like. Their victory was taken from them.

I tell my players all the time that the DM can win whenever he wants. The DM can drop a tarrasque in any dungeon. That's not what D&D is about. Right now, Cradle of the Death God is like running through Keep on the Borderlands and finding that the last room is Orcus' throne room.

Could someone please correct Acererak's hit points on the PS4? How many literal HOURS of our lives are we expected to waste in the name of stolen fun?

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll escalate this for investigation!
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Thank you so, so much! It's really discouraging to get all the way to Acererak only to realize you had no chance from the outset!

I haven't been playing queues as much on the PS4 recently - I have less time to play on that platform because my wife and daughter also love it. But there are groans throughout the house when Cradle turns up. Like Lair of the Mad Mage, we had "mastered" it. There was a period of a couple months where this trial was actually exciting because we felt like we were some of the people who were "in on it" and we could help others make their way to the end.