test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master of the Hunt

I just read that Master of the Hunt is returning for PC today, and I want to say a hearty THANK YOU.

Watching my wife play Sharandar last Thanksgiving is what got me started on Neverwinter around Christmas 2020. Finding out that I would never be able to play Sharandar because of some reasons that I suspect amount to "the people who made it no longer work here, and we can't/won't maintain their old HAMSTER" was a gut punch (I mean, really, we're going to talk about continuity when we have 26th-level characters playing Tyranny of Dragons and then meeting Rath Modar for the first time in Dread Ring after they've seen him betray the Harpers?), but being able to play Master of the Hunt and Malabog's Castle was a small amount of balm.

Being able to play both on PC the way I do on PS4 is going to be very nice--THANK YOU again.

I'm sincerely, and excitedly looking forward to the return of my family's favorite skirmish.

Now, if only we could convince you to restore the campaign those two experiences came from...

Comments

• Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Wow...That "HAMSTER" flag is tripped easily.

I did not write anything even remotely vulgar, and now it looks like I have a pottie mouth!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    That'll be $50 into the hamster jar.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No idea how it works out now, but in order to encounter the Rath Modar bits in Tyranny, you had to be max level (60 at the time of release) so there wasn't a conflict. You would have had the option to start Dread Ring at least 5 days before you could access Portal to Tuern. Tiamat would have taken much longer to unlock, since the campaign key tasks originally were to unlock the queued content not to access a second chest (which hadn't even been added until mod 6)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Drizzt is still alive. The other companions were reincarnated, but had to go through childhood all over again as part of the deal.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.