test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disgusted ! Can someone explain why its a kill/spawn fest in PVP & not actual skills & fighting ?

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
Seriously !!!

Everyone is dying now so fast in PVP that rotations and skill doesn't even matter ! its a luck of the draw now .. No skill required or fun fighting .. No its just a kill death respawn fest !

Whoever presses the button first wins ... whoever gets the first shot or two in wins

I mean are you kidding me ?

I know shadowclad was nerfed and that changed everything but surely it cannot just be that ??

there was obviously a reason why everyone was wearing shadowclad before the nerf

and there was actually good fights tht lasted more than 1 or 2 seconds

in the last three games most players most were BIS or close too had more 10-15 deaths and it was a perma spawn back at camp and hopefully someone could cap the node ... I mean really ??

Why is everyone so pathetically squishy ... this includes tanks and very tanky builds ??

i mean Warlocks that are supposed to be DOT damage are one-shotting players !! Come on !

I will probably quit this game very soon because this is ridiculous and NOT fun at all

I do not know what was done but every player even at BIS is dying from in most cases one or less attack rotation !

i mean there are just no time to respond or defend if an attack comes from behind or whilst a player is busy fighting another on node

Why in the world would this be ok ?

Its disgusting to be honest !

i mean surely it should be a fight right ?????? not a surprise death ! 0.2 - 2 secs and 90% of anyone, any class is dead now

it makes me wanna throw up right now because i know im not the only one that has invested time and effort and sometimes real money in this game and it will all be a total waste if something is not done fairly quickly.

Why would anyone think this is great ?

This is the closest i've been to just deleting this game !

Tagged:

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Seriously !!!

Everyone is dying now so fast in PVP that rotations and skill doesn't even matter ! its a luck of the draw now .. No skill required or fun fighting .. No its just a kill death respawn fest !

Whoever presses the button first wins ... whoever gets the first shot or two in wins

I mean are you kidding me ?

I know shadowclad was nerfed and that changed everything but surely it cannot just be that ??

there was obviously a reason why everyone was wearing shadowclad before the nerf

and there was actually good fights tht lasted more than 1 or 2 seconds

in the last three games most players most were BIS or close too had more 10-15 deaths and it was a perma spawn back at camp and hopefully someone could cap the node ... I mean really ??

Why is everyone so pathetically squishy ... this includes tanks and very tanky builds ??

i mean Warlocks that are supposed to be DOT damage are one-shotting players !! Come on !

I will probably quit this game very soon because this is ridiculous and NOT fun at all

I do not know what was done but every player even at BIS is dying from in most cases one or less attack rotation !

i mean there are just no time to respond or defend if an attack comes from behind or whilst a player is busy fighting another on node

Why in the world would this be ok ?

Its disgusting to be honest !

i mean surely it should be a fight right ?????? not a surprise death ! 0.2 - 2 secs and 90% of anyone, any class is dead now

it makes me wanna throw up right now because i know im not the only one that has invested time and effort and sometimes real money in this game and it will all be a total waste if something is not done fairly quickly.

Why would anyone think this is great ?

This is the closest i've been to just deleting this game !

The match descriptions you gave are likely the result of what you were fighting/matched against, many games almost no deaths happen, others are very rough and you die a lot. Some of the extra deaths are due to player quality dropping even more this season, worse players, lack of help from team = more deaths.

The 12% on average dps increase players got this season from the shadowclad nerf is a significant improvement, last season was much more boring and the tankyness didn't do HAMSTER to increase skill required. Many players I spoke to or watched talking to eachother expressed that this mod is less fun than the previous one because players don't die enough and healing is too strong, though last mod's damage was a little too high and wasn't great either.

Shadowclad's bugged DR stacks weren't filling a needed role this mod, players in general were too tanky with it added.

I only see poorly built pugs taking 1 or 2 shots, other than buffed toad/tunnel crit combined with a daily power and bugged 3k brood of hadar daily of course. A lot of matches I'm in people are still too tanky, healing and matchmaking problems with healers are out of control still. Several players also are on builds that are really tanky and hard to kill.

On a side note, warlock probably isn't intended to still be DOT focused, its been changed a lot but is still consistent damage oriented. The daily needs to be fixed though.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Some specs can barely even pvp. Barbs need alot more stamina and battlefury needs its old functionality back so we can actually use our immunity frames from sprint. Until then most of us wont play
  • spamhealmore#8345 spamhealmore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Too much healing! What happened to divinity? These clerics are ruining matches by just standing there in god mode! NERF THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> HEALING! Nerf the drowned weapons! And someone really needs to look into what a certain someone is doi g to have all these wins with all these toons.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

Seriously !!!

well, they heard you, next week we will get the chicken pvp event, so you will be able to test your skill there!!! loooool
    rev#7881 said:

Seriously !!!

well, they heard you, next week we will get the chicken pvp event, so you will be able to test your skill there!!! loooool
    Its fun as just an event, but this likely to become permanent in some form unfortunately.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • pzg33#7278 pzg33 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    tbh i have never seen pvp like this. i dont get it. its just gear. there are 2shots everywhere, new players cant do anything, the pvp gear useless, the pvpers are toxic as hell, the actual pvp is so skill less its crazy. i don't get. on every single level its awful. wouldn't gear brackets help? how is pvp meant to grow/become better when its just geared people 2 shotting everyone? not good.
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Now there's not much to defend about PvP, but I must say this is also a players issue. I see many people with bis gear do absolutely terrible, get two shot as you say and so on. People are too lazy to figure out their own build and can't be bothered to ask for help, which is as surprising as it is sad. When I was new to PvP, I kept asking the big names about builds and while I sometimes got ignored, I very often got valuable advice and almost never got insulted or anything. People blame their gear (which matters a lot less with scaling and this new stat system), opponents for cheating, teammates for being too weak, classes for being unbalanced, but they never look at themselves.

You can't expect others to be too nice when you walk into PvP and do horribly. Just like you can't expect others to be too nice when you do that in PvE pug group. This could be a bit better if we had duo or trio instead of solo only, but oh well.

Brackets won't do anything except kill PvP with this small population. Even a minimum il requirement I'm not sure about, though that's certainly a better idea.
    gweddry said:

Now there's not much to defend about PvP, but I must say this is also a players issue. I see many people with bis gear do absolutely terrible, get two shot as you say and so on. People are too lazy to figure out their own build and can't be bothered to ask for help, which is as surprising as it is sad. When I was new to PvP, I kept asking the big names about builds and while I sometimes got ignored, I very often got valuable advice and almost never got insulted or anything. People blame their gear (which matters a lot less with scaling and this new stat system), opponents for cheating, teammates for being too weak, classes for being unbalanced, but they never look at themselves.

You can't expect others to be too nice when you walk into PvP and do horribly. Just like you can't expect others to be too nice when you do that in PvE pug group. This could be a bit better if we had duo or trio instead of solo only, but oh well.

Brackets won't do anything except kill PvP with this small population. Even a minimum il requirement I'm not sure about, though that's certainly a better idea.

A minimum item level req can work if its set to around the point people start to become useful, there are a lot of pugs with purple gear and decent HP that fit this criteria. The blue and green gear guys tend not to be in high numbers at any given time, but they are complete deadweight and make every team they touch lose.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    This game never had a good grasp on what PvP should be from the beginning. I go elsewhere for my PvP. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I've tried a few pvp matches now. Seriously, anyone who enjoys or likes this nonsense should consider seeing a doctor. I'm telling you because I guess you are not aware that you may have been in this business for a long time and are willing to accept anything thrown in front of you, even it's pure garbage!

The attacks either do no damage or kill in a single shot. And one-shot kills are usually from ranged classes. Obviously, they also found the vulnerabilities of the system, some of their encounters are buggy i believe.

As some of you have said, if we pve players know nothing about pvp, I agree. And I'm really glad I don't know.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    If you are not aware they are reworking PVP
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I could be wrong but by reworking it last I heard it was just making bird pvp permanent more or less. the man hours needed to actually make pvp viable and separate from pve as it needs to be would take a whole team.

I could be wrong but by reworking it last I heard it was just making bird pvp permanent more or less. the man hours needed to actually make pvp viable and separate from pve as it needs to be would take a whole team.
    This idea may have been scrapped somewhere down the line, we don't really know what they going to do. But very likely healers getting evenly split across teams when possible will become a thing.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @fuxion#7775 said:
    > If you are not aware they are reworking PVP

We'd have to have separate magnitudes for lots of skills for pvp. Plus the nerfing of alot of mount powers. I find it hard to believe theyd ever get it perfect.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Mount power nerf and matchmaking system rework should be first priority i agree.