test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Robb Wants Shield Back

robertfruinrobertfruin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
YO YO YO - For yearssssss I have been loyal to this game , I have played my character for thousandssss of hours (Guardian Fighter) Never ever have I felt like GF (fighter) was anywhere near this limited ... Here is what I am getting at:

Trickster - When you press shift you roll , When you take damage it doesnt affect your stamina
Mage - When you Shift you Teleport , when you take damage it doesnt affect your stamina
Ranger - When you shift you do baby jump , when you take damage it doesnt affect your stamina
Barbie - when you shift you run (unless you go tank path - in which case this falls into this category) With DPS path taking damage does not reduce your stamina

FIGHTER / PALADIN / TANK BARBIE ------ These classes RELY on being able to shield , Its like a Rogue or any "Mobile" class not having stamina because these Shields get deleted and deplete WAYYY too fast ....... So for most Fighters - we have to SACRIFICE our Stamina in order to do damage - In what other class is this the case? Imagine playing a Ranger and having to sacrifice all your Stamina to charge your damage to normal damage. For a DPS fighter to jump into combat you have to SACRIFICE ALL of your stamina before even going in - so when you do join you have no stamina - Now what does a Class with No mobility (Into the frey is poopoo) that relies on shield , however shield is so weak you actually cant depend on it, do in a situation of enemy with CC for example? A Fighter / Paladin with No stamina is a Punching bag - The fact that Fighter Dps has to Volunteer their own stamina away has SMASHED this class into the dirttttttt - I had some really good talks with Chris when he was the guy up there however regardless if he is around or not this is a Major issue with these types of classes .. Heals and DPS is all you need , tanks have no actual place - a Tank fighter really offers so little - At least before mod 16 Into the Frey buffed allies enough to be relevant - But now even tanking itself regardless of the team buffs is not available to people to build into. Only way is to build Glass Cannon and go Full DPS because of SPECIFICALLY the shield .... Fighter cannot run - fighter cannot dodge - fighter cannot hide - and now , Fighter cannot shield either - Tanks would come back in DROVES if shields didnt die so quickly due to damage taken - NO OTHER class has ever lost stamina due to damage taken unless someone was using Stamina Drain overload slots .. Allow options to build into MAX stamina rather than REGEN stamina - and increase the overall capability of a Shield being able to shield. A tank BARBIE has more of a shield than a FIGHTER - The time has to come where this gets balanced back - During the BIG change / Apocalypse of m16 the shield has been pushed into the shadows. Please

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I disagree with your view, having a shield is better than barbarian's rush, which is almost impossible to dodge on something. On the other year, classes that have shield have an option to increase the amount of stamina and its gain. But all this varies according to the perspective of each player.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    As a pally main, I agree that shielding is really not in a good place atm - stamina drain from incoming damage is really too high and in dungeons with hard hitting mobs/bosses it can last for less than two seconds.

With respect to the above comment on Barbarian, I've suggested in other posts that if a barb dps is within melee distance of enemies, their tab function effects a 'jump back' so they can clear red zones, as a sprint it is utterly useless when they are in a fight.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I agree with Armadeonx regarding the pally shield. I don't usually play a fighter tank, so I can't comment on that situation.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Brutal has got 1000:24 K/D ration in last pvp season on his GF
    Sanctus has got 1290:133 K/D ratio which make him top 1 character and no class is even close to this score. What's more- He is not squishy, he is tanky as hell- he survived all encounter combo from 2 CWs+ 2 ice knifes from me and ariel + 2 frogs WITHOUT shield because he was stunned.

GF has best prone-combo skill in game- he catch you, you die in 1 rotation, no possible way to defend yourself ( and for example- if you know CW's dodge mechanic- you know CW has 1 second "break" mechanic betwen dodges, and in this moment you are totaly helpless and it is impossible to dodge properly landed GF's rotation)
    GF- has one of the best healing mechanic amongs DPS class- Daily- Second Wind- just use frog on player or minion and half of Hp is restored
    GF- with his shield can block the most powerfull attacks like daily or mounts power
    GF is the only class which actiion points are loading during shifting
    GF has the best canceling ability amoung of all classes- for example- you can cast daily- Breaki it with shield- daily still landed you are in air, while GF is already next to you

Sorry but GF is freaking monster and the best pvp class atm, never heard about some players complaining about GF's mechanic and if you want more shield you must take away from him a solid portion of his damage.

I assume, that you just used to turtling around with shield 24h on previous mods, and for exaple i used to go with my shield on tab- but they nerfed it and game-style has just changed

Post edited by modlesie on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah I think he was talking about pve...

Personally, I've always said that all class powers need separate pvp magnitudes so they can be tweaked without messing with pve.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    While it is true other classes get no reduced stamina from taking damage, it is also true that other classes pay with stamina just for using their dodge skills even if no damage is taken. Tanks do not pay just for raising the shield.

It is not obvious which model is the better.

I will agree that tanks seems to be in a bad place currently though. I play a my daily RQ as tank or heal, and it used to be 50/50 between tank/heal for role bonus.

These days it is 90 % tank/10 % heal, so playing tank has become a lot less popular.

I think tanks are a lot worse hit by the ratings model than other classes. It is not possible to increase your total sum of ratings points, when you put on gear your total ratings points will always be constant or reduced. All gear is set for a null-sum game across the 15 available ratings, I have found no gear that actually increases the total ratings pool. For instance collars will actually reduce your total ratings point pool.

For dps classes this is not that big a problem, since they can boost their dps by shifting ratings from the defensives to the offensives.

For tanks this IS a big problem, since a tank both need high defensives and at least some offensives to be effective.

Also the Combat Rework made tanks a lot squishier than they used to be. A tank can't run up to a group and whittle them down while relying on his defenses, a dps can run up to a group of mobs and kill them before they do much damage to him.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    armadeonx said:

Yeah I think he was talking about pve...

Personally, I've always said that all class powers need separate pvp magnitudes so they can be tweaked without messing with pve.

Unfortunately, every PvE change affect PvP gameplay. Give GF more Shield = Immortal DPS in pvp.

+1 to Different magnitude/mechanic work in PvP/PvE

PS. Maybe mobs just Hits to hard? While i am doing random que on my almost 53k CW- for example- Mobs are able to one shot me in Valindra Tower- this is just madness that BiS character is one shotted by one normal monster.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    modlesie said:

Mobs are able to one shot me in Valindra Tower- this is just madness that BiS character is one shotted by one normal monster.

Not when you are a (by definition) glass cannon dps. :)

Robes lose to swords :)