test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to dismiss quasi phantom artisan - "Ulfberht" blacksmith

avadariusavadarius Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Artisan/ Workshop 4/ Unable to dismiss artisan -PC
When i enter my workshop, go to the office, and open the master"s desk (manage artisan) the info says 26/26 artisans
You currently have 26 artisans (26 max) - Unable to accept any new applicants
When I look under the "All" tab in "manage artisans" and count the artisans, I have 25 artisans
When I look at each individuals profession tab and count my artisans, I have 25 artisans
My blacksmith says I have 4 artisans but the artisans management only lists 3 of them under the tab
It wasn't until I went to my workbench blacksmith crafting that I saw "Ulfberht" +100 commission multiplier (i want to dismiss)
But "Ulfberht" is not listed among my artisans at the workshop Master"s desk so I have no option to dismiss the artisan

Thanks to "I have a phantom alchemist" and "Glitch in professions" bug notes I see this isn't a stand alone issue

If anyone know if the issue has a fix would be happy to hear it.

Comments

• azghabanazghaban Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I also have the same problem - with a Blacksmith (Duggen Steepmountain). He does not appear in the 'All' list, nor under the BSmith tab which only shows 3 of them (although there is the number 4 in the actual BSmith tab). So I can't delete him. But at the Artisans Counter he is there (with the other 3) & I can use him!

I have reported this several times over the last few months, in-game & via e-mail (Community@crypticstudios.com) as suggested by a GM, but nothing has been done so far.

It seems like either they don't care (they just want your money) or they don't know how to fix the bug (not up to the job). Either way, not good.

It's this sort of thing (poor problem resolution) that makes me feel as if I should stop playing this game & move onto something else. And, yeah, I have paid money for some things in the game.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    avadarius said:

Artisan/ Workshop 4/ Unable to dismiss artisan -PC
    When i enter my workshop, go to the office, and open the master"s desk (manage artisan) the info says 26/26 artisans
    You currently have 26 artisans (26 max) - Unable to accept any new applicants
    When I look under the "All" tab in "manage artisans" and count the artisans, I have 25 artisans
    When I look at each individuals profession tab and count my artisans, I have 25 artisans
    My blacksmith says I have 4 artisans but the artisans management only lists 3 of them under the tab
    It wasn't until I went to my workbench blacksmith crafting that I saw "Ulfberht" +100 commission multiplier (i want to dismiss)
    But "Ulfberht" is not listed among my artisans at the workshop Master"s desk so I have no option to dismiss the artisan

Thanks to "I have a phantom alchemist" and "Glitch in professions" bug notes I see this isn't a stand alone issue

If anyone know if the issue has a fix would be happy to hear it.

What would you need that many artisans to do? I only experiment with this game but part of my experiments are the workshop. You are only allowed a maximum of 3 tasks to be performed at any time. So I would never hire more than 3 per profession. The 4th employee drinks coffee? My wife has more knowledge about the professions than I do. Presently she out is shopping with her sister. There is no telling how long they will be out.

Hiring more than 3 per profession is a waste of your slots. I know Wendy doesn't hire adventures, she collects the needed materials herself. With 7 professions at 3 per slot the most you should need is 21, or 24 assuming you use adventurers to collect materials. It sounds like you hit the developers cap and it broke?

Personally I got by on just the few I have. Unless you are attempting to do the story, there is no huge payoff at the end. The story ends and you then are promised better staff will show up in the applications. As far as I know, the purples will appear at random after the story ends, but they charge you more commission and their benefits are no better than what you have with current workers. Sounds to me you have more than enough staff.

@azghaban, in-game & via e-mail (Community@crypticstudios.com) would be my last stop, did you file a support ticket asking them to remove the worker by name? Not that I believe support has that authority. Support center here seems more like it is an outsourced help desk service and nothing more. If it is only a "help desk", ethically Cryptic Studios should make that clear to the users. A simple disclaimer, "Note: Help Desk does not operate within Cryptic Studios and are limited to answering questions about the game.".
    @avadarius
    I assume you also spoke to support to remove the unwanted worker Ulfberht? If not ask support, find out if it is within their job description to remove your unwanted staff. My wife keeps getting told by support, all her requests are outside their limitations. This makes me wonder what is within their limitations? Assuming they can delete Ulfberht, maybe it will fix whatever broke.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I will add this to what my husband stated above. I played the Professions Story with only one character, all the rest stop playing the story after they get the sending stone (rank 50 profession) Box for Knox. Lady Begum gets ignored after handing her just one item to kill her at (rank 40 profession). I know this limits them to 18 slots in workshop storage but you really don't need it with the sending stone. You can advance all the professions to rank 80 and make some gold and AD in the process without Lady Begum there to steal your wares.

I hope it all goes well for both of you. :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    You need more than 3 artisan for a profession for good reasons.

There are 4 kinds of 'features'.
    1. can save gold and AD.
    2. craft speed.
    3. help success rate
    4. help to do +1 (focus).

Most (if not all) do not have all 4. An artisan who is good for #3 and/or #4 usually is bad for #1 and #2.
    You don't want to use those who is bad in #1 and #2 for general purpose stuff. You keep that one for specific task.

If you don't care about Masterwork (for the future), you shouldn't really care about profession regardless.

So far, I have 15 full workshops and that did not take much effort to do so. Just let the artisans to do the work in the background. You won't get 26 artisan slots until you have a full workshop.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sometimes you just like the way the artisan looks and want to seem them wandering around the workshop.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

1. can save gold and AD.
    2. craft speed.
    3. help success rate

Most (if not all) do not have all 4. An artisan who is good for #3 and/or #4 usually is bad for #1 and #2.
    You don't want to use those who is bad in #1 and #2 for general purpose stuff. You keep that one for specific task.

If you don't care about Masterwork (for the future), you shouldn't really care about profession regardless.

So far, I have 15 full workshops and that did not take much effort to do so. Just let the artisans to do the work in the background. You won't get 26 artisan slots until you have a full workshop.

I hire types #1, lower the cost of the commission. The others are made pointless by my methodology.
    #2 is rendered pointless, as I drain morale to do all crafting on each character. Crafting is completed in minutes and I can spend the remainder of my time playing the game.
    #3 can be over come by rank, tools, and improving the artisan level.
    #4 see #3

No I don't do Masterwork, I jump on in the morning and can quickly drain the morale down making jewelry (hartshorn rings) for quick gold. Otherwise I can make AD creating the Greater Jewels or the Major Jewels in the AH, to be honest, I don't think these have sold well recently due to the game's current state of inactivity. Each character can go through their 400 morale in about 5 minutes or less. I don't care to focus on it all day long. If the chest refills, while I am playing, I might collect it remotely or teleport to PE and collect in person. Otherwise I ignore it for the rest of the day. When the shop runs short on supplies, I just buy them from the merchant or the AH as needed.

Currently I have literally too much gold, sometimes I go to PE and give it away. I gave a lot out during the Halloween Party last year, I will fill my banks up for more gold and prizes this October.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    What you do with your professions have zero relevance to the original post, which is a bugreport. please don't derail discussions with irrelevant opinions.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

What you do with your professions have zero relevance to the original post, which is a bugreport. please don't derail discussions with irrelevant opinions.

I am almost certain developers never read this forum. Anyways, we are discussing something that has been in the game since God spoke to Moses. I assure you this will not be repaired with simple a forum posting, derailed or not. Maybe if it got derailed and went on for pages and pages it might attract some attention from the moderator or the community manager, but an actual developer response is just short of a miracle here.

Oh, did you have any input on how they should solve their issue?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2021

1. can save gold and AD.
    2. craft speed.
    3. help success rate

I hire types #1, lower the cost of the commission. The others are made pointless by my methodology.
    #2 is rendered pointless, as I drain morale to do all crafting on each character. Crafting is completed in minutes and I can spend the remainder of my time playing the game.
    #3 can be over come by rank, tools, and improving the artisan level.
    #4 see #3

No I don't do Masterwork, I jump on in the morning and can quickly drain the morale down making jewelry (hartshorn rings) for quick gold. Otherwise I can make AD creating the Greater Jewels or the Major Jewels in the AH, to be honest, I don't think these have sold well recently due to the game's current state of inactivity. Each character can go through their 400 morale in about 5 minutes or less. I don't care to focus on it all day long. If the chest refills, while I am playing, I might collect it remotely or teleport to PE and collect in person. Otherwise I ignore it for the rest of the day. When the shop runs short on supplies, I just buy them from the merchant or the AH as needed.

Currently I have literally too much gold, sometimes I go to PE and give it away. I gave a lot out during the Halloween Party last year, I will fill my banks up for more gold and prizes this October.
    If you don't care about certain thing, it does not matter to others.
    What I care about certain thing also does not matter to others.
    What you think it is not important does not mean it is not important to others.
    You and I are not typical players anyway.
    Everyone has their own goal/reasoning. I am not using profession to make gold (although I could) but you are/were.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

I am almost certain developers never read this forum. Anyways, we are discussing something that has been in the game since God spoke to Moses. I assure you this will not be repaired with simple a forum posting, derailed or not. Maybe if it got derailed and went on for pages and pages it might attract some attention from the moderator or the community manager, but an actual developer response is just short of a miracle here.

Oh, did you have any input on how they should solve their issue?
    I refuse to believe that God spoke to Moses in M15 cause then it should've been a more ugh... divine mod. They are sometimes fixing profession problems, such as the MW starting quests.. so yeah, its their forum, and if they ever start wondering why the game is so dead they might look in here and think "oh its dead too".
    And they do say to report bugs, right? :D I mean, if they still play.
    - bye bye -

If you don't care about certain thing, it does not matter to others.
    What I care about certain thing also does not matter to others.
    What you think it is not important does not mean it is not important to others.
    You and I are not typical players anyway.
    Everyone has their own goal/reasoning. I am not using profession to make gold (although I could) but you are/were.

Maybe you missed this, but I did say, The others are made pointless by my methodology. Then I detail what my methods and goals are, never said everyone needs to follow me. Not that any of it solves their broken game problem. I was covering why I play with 3 max per profession. All anyone needs is one per profession. I make this stuff to hand it out at my costume party, didn't say everyone needs to attend.
    @jules#6770
    It would be awesome, if all 200 people remaining in the game shows up this October! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    It may be hard for you to understand, but some people in this game still play dungeons, improving characters, doing masterworks.
    Since you don't know anything about it, try to refrain from commenting on them.
    Your advices will make smile at best.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .