test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak Tower Bug(s)

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
Known Issues ;

1.) Scaling seems to be completely broken. 5 man group of Level 20 - 25...... players are being slaughtered by trash mobs. Players do 1/2 the damage of the mobs. Their HP and Defense is WAY out of wack.

2.) At the last boss, within 30 secs, 3,4, even 5 groups of mobs appear and completely wipe out the entire group. Their HP and Damage are multiple times that of the players. WHY????

This SHOULD BE a "starter" Dungeon for players right???? but, regardless of your Level or IL, you will barely if at all, survive it.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've had the same experience - players should be scaled to a higher level compared to the npc enemies. A team of players below L50 will most likely wipe.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating for it to be looked into.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Thank You !! : ))
  • liciacrettliciacrett Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can confirm this issue. My guild has tried this dungeon twice.

1st Try: 5 people, 27-28 level range. Wiped at Vansi at least twice, entirely from the adds. Gave up and left.

2nd Try: Same 5 people, 54-55 level range. 4 died at Vansi, healer was brought back due to Soulforged enchant. Rogue was only other member standing. Only succeeded due to the adds vanishing once Vansi is killed.

I have recordings of both attempts if further information is needed :)
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I had the same experience there, and i noticed that the adds attacking the same player until he/she alive and moving to the healer as 2nd target after the 1st player's death and this continues until the whole team getting killed. I don't know if this intentional but that could make a healer to work really hard for the reward or leave the instance ...
  • miraclegaming#9971 miraclegaming Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This dungeon used to be so easy and easy AD for leveling players. Before, it gives new players confidence and train how they play their characters. Now with the whack scaling and new combat changes, it makes new and low level players think twice in ever running Random Dungeon Queue or continue playing the game.

Also, why in the world would healers get aggro? I've seen it at final boss where mobs would rather pick on the healer than the tank. Poor healer would ran for their lives and tank could not do anything about it as they do not have any hard taunt at low level.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    My 80 cleric always gets all the mobs all over him at the last boss and they nearly kill him, if I didn't have such good heal and wasn't able to dash around so much I wouldn't be able to survive it. It is a little OTT atm for a simple dungeon where someone lvl 12 can go.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Healers grab the aggro as their heals generate a lot of threat. In places like this, the only thing they can do is slot Divine Glow to halve the threat they generate.

I have stopped running the "simple" 5 man dungeons as the time-to-earnings ratio makes them not worth it since the combat rework. I imagine many others have stopped too, making the wait time longer for newer players who have no choice.

@nitocris83 it's been about 6 weeks since you escalated this, has there been any feedback?
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I do it every day because as the (very) old saying goes 'pennys add up to pounds' and every little bit adds up.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I don't know if it's happened to others too but the other day Vansi left the arena to rampage around the campfire so we got killed right after respawning a few times so we had no choice but abandon the instatnce ...