test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild demotions

jojo#4167 jojo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
I was just wondering why the 2 week wait was introduced for demotions to r7s in guilds. I know it was to stop people from stealing guilds which I think is a good idea, even if it made leaving alliances and stuff a lot more annoying. But if 1 leader demotes another leader who only has 1 r7 toon and they cant stop their own demotion what's the point? Should every r7 in a guild have at least 2 r7 toons?
Alexis Timberwolf - White Knights PS4
Xena Timberwolf - The Kindred PS4

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I would suspect if there are more than two (accounts) say three that are R7 and someone demotes one of the R7s it gives the other R7 a chance to save the demotion if it's not kosher. This is important because people can have accounts stolen and so forth.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • jojo#4167 jojo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yeah i get that but if there's only 2 r7s in the guild and the demoted one cant stop his demotion then guilds can still be stolen.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Can he stop it during that 2 week?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jojo#4167 jojo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    no. we tried it yesterday.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The former system allowed a single person to "steal the guild" from the owner(s). Assuming the guild leader was absent for 30 days (on vacation) the system hands the keys off to the next player online within the next rank. Also there was a few naive players who invited scammers that would tell them they were the guild leader on an ALT account. Once inside they would continue the scam to get them ranked up as high as possible and even with 2 or 3 guild leaders they could demote them and seize the guild.

If you cannot be reinstated by another member, I believe the idea is to have time to file a support ticket? TBH I never tested it all that much and AFAIK Cryptic never took time to explain how it is all suppose to work either. It is all somewhat pointless, once the person is guild leader they have access to all the bank items which is what they are really trying to steal. They will clean the bank out and if possible. clear out the guild to post the whole account for sale on a RMT (real money transfer) site. Then another scumbag buys it and is running the old guild.

At this point, I would check with Support to find out, if that is their job.