test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Deflection Severity

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Remove the Deflection Severity as a stat and make its effect dependent on the Deflection rating,
thus the Deflection rating can provide the Deflection Chance and the Deflection Severity.
In terms of balance/abuse, you can make the Deflection Severity only provide half of Deflection Rating to the deflected damage reduction (eg 50% Deflection Chance, 25% Damage Reduction while Deflect).

This stat is deprecated and cannot be obtained. There are no companion bonuses that can provide the Deflection Severity, and only 2 artifacts in the game give 225 stat rating (Decanter of Atropal Essence, Tarokka Deck).

Also there is 1 clearly bugged/outdated Elixir and it has wrong tooltip (Foehammer Favor Elixir, +10% Deflection Severity).

Rimuru?
Dead 🔪

Comments

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Doesn't the shadow demon rise the Deflection Severity to its maximum...?
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Doesn't the shadow demon rise the Deflection Severity to its maximum...?

Yes, but only for one deflected hit an then it has 30 sec cooldown. Pretty useless.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Agree. +1million times!

In principle there are way too many stats to try and balance.

I want to play a game not be a number crunching accountant with a spreadsheet.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I'd even be fine with a fixed rate of severity (like it used to be) - then getting it to 90% chance could give a decent return. I also think that Deflect on Forte should go to classes that have a good dodge mechanic; rogue & ranger.

With 8 classes and 4 defence types, applying one type to every 2 classes would be an even distribution. E.g:

Deflect: rogue - ranger (a lot of melee powers but good dodging)
    Critical Avoidance: paladin - fighter (to lower the big boss hits)
    Awareness: barbarian - wizard (as they've a habit of getting in the middle of things (icy terrain does nothing on the outskirts of a fight!))
    Defence: cleric - warlock (can position to avoid CA and work at range)

Wizard & warlock are debatable/interchangeable...

Just a thought.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Deflect/Deflect severity is what makes the difference when builing a Paladin tank compared to a Fighter or Barbarian. Adding a few more sources for it would be nice, removing it would be a big no-no
    Elite Whaleboy
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    btw Critical Avoidance already works that way (but opposite, chance is fixed, but you can stack dmg reduction).
    Idk why Devs insist on making it complicated.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Deflect/Deflect severity is what makes the difference when builing a Paladin tank compared to a Fighter or Barbarian. Adding a few more sources for it would be nice, removing it would be a big no-no

Hey Wilbur - wasn't the old fixed severity 75% ? I liked that. Yeah Pallys are helped with extra deflect as their defensive forte is deflect severity but I'd rather pile points into deflect chance and have the severity at that old 75%, even 60% would be ok if we just needed to focus on the chance %

But I don't want to derail the subject by making it about tanks (again) lol.

On the subject as a whole - it seems weird to me that deflect is the only defence type that requires two sets of decent numbers, so the only ones that really benefit from it are those that have it as their forte and I think the allocations of defensive forte stats have been allocated in a way that is unsuitable for the mechanics of some classes - both in terms of utility and D&D gameplay.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    hey @nitocris83 can you comment on that bugged elixir and outdated stat rating?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪