test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric skill not working

kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
(I'm from Russia. The name of the skill may not be the same because I used a translator.)

Chains of blazing light
Must keep the enemy in one place for 12 seconds.

The enemies continue to chase immediately after the attack, even when 12 seconds have not passed.

Attached video: 1) https://youtu.be/4uaBvfopSA4 2) https://youtu.be/Z6sjxZvNkOU

Actions in the video: I use the "Chains of blazing light" skill and immediately attack the enemies. Enemies continue to move after taking damage, even when the "Chains of blazing light" effect has not passed 12 seconds.
Post edited by kyjle6aka on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    kyjle6aka said:

(I'm from Russia. The name of the skill may not be the same because I used a translator.)

Chains of blazing light
    Must keep the enemy in one place for 12 seconds.

But if you damage the enemy, he can immediately attack you.

Attached video: youtu.be/Z6sjxZvNkOU

Chain only holds them in the place. It does not stop them to attack you. If you are chained (such as in PVP), you can attack too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User

Chain only holds them in the place. It does not stop them to attack you. If you are chained (such as in PVP), you can attack too.

Yes, that doesn't stop them from attacking. But they can also walk after taking damage. I'll shoot another video proving this, and add a link.

Here is a video where it is better seen. Enemies continue to follow you immediately after the attack, even when the effect effect has not passed 12 seconds. https://youtu.be/4uaBvfopSA4
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    this has never worked since start of mod16. ppl just dont care - noone is using it, because it doesnt work and noone cares - this is the state of the game :D sadly... you can put the shovel in any game content, randomly, and there will be a bug popping out :D whatever
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It never teally did much for CC against mobs but before mod16 it did damage. Asterdahl killed the power by making deal no damage.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    yep! the no dmg part would've been OK if the power worked and kept the mobs from moving, but it doesnt, so its not... all hamster
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    i think if you read the description for the chains, it says it will hold them in place until they get damaged to a certain amount - and that amount is very little. so that encounter really is super useless.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

i think if you read the description for the chains, it says it will hold them in place until they get damaged to a certain amount - and that amount is very little. so that encounter really is super useless.

I don't see that in the current description of "Chains of Blazing Light". Is there another description of chain somewhere? Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

The description doesn't say that

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    it may have been the old description. but knowing cryptic, they probably changed the text but not the underlying effect it has - just like how the hunter rangers Biting Snares is still giving so much AP because before the rework that was how it worked.

my bad.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Chains of Blazing light prior to the class changes (When Cleric was still Divine Cleric) in M16 did do radiant damage. This was changed when the classes were revamped.

Chains of Blazing light prior to the class changes (When Cleric was still Divine Cleric) in M16 did do radiant damage. This was changed when the classes were revamped.

This is understandable, but why doesn't Chains of Blazing Light keep enemies in one place for 12 seconds after any attack?
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    It never worked. Cleric has no CC at all.

Same goes to stun with Celestial prominence. It only lasts half second or less
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

@nitocris83 I think you missed the point - did you watch the 2nd video? It says enemies are immobile for 12 seconds but in the video it lasts for 2 seconds. If this is due to incoming damage then the amount needs to be adjusted for mod 20 as the enemies showed almost no damage on their health bars before they started moving again.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

@nitocris83

That is understandable. But can it be fixed so that it actually works as per the tooltip - "restrain enemies at target location" duration 12s.

NOTHING in the tooltip indicates that this will end sooner due to damage, which is what is appearing to happen. I have noticed that it can work for up to about 5 or 6 seconds, and some enemies break free immediately (and some are CC immune, and are unaffected, that's fine)

But when other classes can stun/restrain enemies with powers that state 4 or 5 seconds, and they WORK, but our chains do NOT work on the same enemy, then it's flat out broken.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    As I can see in the video, your problem is similar to what the rangers had with their roots.
  • miraclegaming#9971 miraclegaming Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It's now pretty useless and bugged. At least the paladin's power Banishment which is similar to chains is working as intended.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Another issue with Control Effects. @nitocris83 I think I see a trend here buddy. All Control Effect related bugs should be moved to the top of the list...