test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Displacer Beasts' Attack Is Ridiculous

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
It's an undodgeable chain-stun. No matter what you do, they get you on the ground and keep you stunned for an eternity. If anything else is attacking you, you're basically dead because you're completely helpless for the duration. It's complete and utter BS.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I noticed that tonight on my tank...my tank which can usually take just about any punishment the game can dish out. It isn't just a chain stun; once you are stunned, your health bar just evaporates. It seems like it is stunning like 10x/second.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @nitocris83 maybe this should be in bug reports as this surely cannot be working as intended?

I'll also suggest again that players in pve should have a short stun immunity similar to pvp to prevent stunlocking.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed something similar a couple of times.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    this game is total HAMSTER the mobs should have a cooldown or a stamina, instead they are super fast and chain copying but I think it's all calculated to make you spend money.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User

this game is total HAMSTER the mobs should have a cooldown or a stamina, instead they are super fast and chain copying but I think it's all calculated to make you spend money.

this cant be true haha ppl spend when they are happy. I dont know anyone who spends when angry :D
    player base is so down - ppl just get the key and get out :( My guild had 20 active ppl before - now only 3-4 are actually playing. Cant imagine how much money they get...
    edited April 2021
    It's not about money, it's about a lack of taking the time to understand the impact of the mechanics they introduce - and taking time to fix issues once they've been reported.

We had the same thing in Chult and it took them a long time before they fixed it. Enemies in the area had a huge aggro radius, hair trigger response times and perma-stun capability.

The biggest problem this game has is that it often takes months or years before they get around to making the very small tweaks needed to vastly improve gameplay in new zones.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The attack seems to be the same as from first boss of VOS where it forms part of a tank check. It certainly doesn't make any sense for non-boss, overworld mobs.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The problem I'm having is there are too many in mobs that stun a players, often one opponent will release a stun effect and before a player has a chance to recover and take counter measures or attack another opponent will release a stun effect keeping the player or players rooted and defenseless.

The mob's effect recovery rate also seems to be shorter than the recovery rate for players powers. I'll get hit by a major effect attack and respond with a counter, but while my count down timer is still counting down I can get hit by another major effect attack, or two by the same opponent.

A little equity among mob powers and player powers, with the associated recovery rate would be nice.
    Yeah these mobs need cooldowns equivalent to player powers - like 20 seconds...

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll add this to the report as a "potential bug" since it likely needs to be looked into before making a determination if it's working as intended or not.
  • impsbro#8081 impsbro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So I know what causes the beat down. When the Displacer Beast stuns you it will attack you once and then again every time you hit it back. So if you have something like Aura of Vengeance equipped it will burn you down fast. If you don't you are fine. Probably anything that returns damage when hit will trigger this.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2021

So I know what causes the beat down. When the Displacer Beast stuns you it will attack you once and then again every time you hit it back. So if you have something like Aura of Vengeance equipped it will burn you down fast. If you don't you are fine. Probably anything that returns damage when hit will trigger this.

+1 i mostly have this on my pally. With 600k HP and 80% def i can survive if it doesn't crit.