test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar Part 2 early thoughts?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Hmmm.

1 Campaign rewards, 3 transmutes, 2 boon points and 20 companion upgrade tokens.

It doesn't really have that WOW factor does it? Sure I will run the content but the reward are pretty pathetic, 50 companion tokens would be nice, or even 100 considering how may companions you need to get to Mythic to get back to where you were a year ago...

2 Its very pretty, the layout is nice, its challenging at times, the quests are ok, the BHE and smaller HEs are ok, nothing too exciting.

3 The Campaign Store still seems odd with items for sale that you can get better stuff with seals.

I would give it a solid 5 out of 10.

Uninspired but functional.

Comments

• cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    in a word - meh

Beautiful artwork, marginal rewards, uninspired gameplay.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    RNG + BOUND BIS Items. Not Happy.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    The water looks nice
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    It is "meh" compared to other stuff they have released. With undermountain and the other two that were released before this even after I completed the quests I spent time there trying earn boons, doing stuff to get better equipment and having fun. with this new sharandar I completed the progress thingy for part 1 and never went back until they unlocked part 2 and based on what I have seen so far I will probably be doing the same with part 2 as well.

If I had not had an interest in the chicken event or the x2 campaign currency ones I probably would have just stopped playing. On the plus side I now have a chicken themed GF that wears yellow armor or a yellow chef outfit.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The quests remind me of Elemental Evil and that isn't a compliment, of course. Kill 4 of mob. Now kill 2 more of that mob and some of these other mobs.

Kill 4 oni, kill 2 oni plus some other stuff, break 4 Night Fetish which unless you luck our means killing 4 more oni.

There are two quests that require you to kill 4 and 2 Displacer Beasts and AFAIK only 5 of the things spawn.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The quests remind me of Elemental Evil and that isn't a compliment, of course. Kill 4 of mob. Now kill 2 more of that mob and some of these other mobs.

Kill 4 oni, kill 2 oni plus some other stuff, break 4 Night Fetish which unless you luck our means killing 4 more oni.

There are two quests that require you to kill 4 and 2 Displacer Beasts and AFAIK only 5 of the things spawn.

ya I spent a good 15n minutes trying to find 2 sets of them.. And yes I think your count of 5 is correct 2 sets of 2 and the bounty one