test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar- New Companion Gear

modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
edited April 2021 in PvE Discussion
I came back to the game after a few years and your stupid ideas still surprise me.

So you guys put new companion gear- which we can obtain by killing some special mobs, and there is like full instance of players who are Hunting them. I spent an hour today- i got 1 mob/20% of mission, because mobs are spawning rather rarely and all people are hunting them.

Next one- you can obtain 2 chests per day, and we all know your ratio of obtaining best items from chests- i am still missing shadowstalker +5 from omu :) and don't get me wrong - it is good for best items to be hard to het, but in some NORMAL way, and if your best idea of obtaining this kind of items is hunting 2/3 mobs scattered all over the map for 3 hours... I will not use words that come to my mind because I will get banned =)

You can do it on your alt chars- Oh sorry but i stopped making my alts when i need to spend 100mln ad for upgarating mounts/companions/ artifacts etc

You guys suck, hardly.

Comments

• august#4195 august Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    That sounds good. Why not
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Hoping episode 3 will 1) reward a new companion gear choice pack via campaign progression. 2) Offer more bounty quests

*New companion gears are great but all of us are still in our RC/Undermountain comp gears and completing all contents just fine. If we wish to get the newest gear, suffer the grind and RNG.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I loathe rng but Cryptic are addicted to it - they apply it to almost everything. I'd much rather EARN through a progression system with a definite outcome.

With a system that has a 0.1% chance of getting something - there are some unlucky players that will try a thousand times and still not get the reward.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    modlesie said:

I came back to the game after a few years and your stupid ideas still surprise me.

So you guys put new companion gear- which we can obtain by killing some special mobs, and there is like full instance of players who are Hunting them. I spent an hour today- i got 1 mob/20% of mission, because mobs are spawning rather rarely and all people are hunting them.

Next one- you can obtain 2 chests per day, and we all know your ratio of obtaining best items from chests- i am still missing shadowstalker +5 from omu :) and don't get me wrong - it is good for best items to be hard to het, but in some NORMAL way, and if your best idea of obtaining this kind of items is hunting 2/3 mobs scattered all over the map for 3 hours... I will not use words that come to my mind because I will get banned =)

You can do it on your alt chars- Oh sorry but i stopped making my alts when i need to spend 100mln ad for upgarating mounts/companions/ artifacts etc

You guys suck, hardly.

I have bought 2 Omu campaign competition tokens for my alts;
    ran year of weeklies (on 4 characters) and I still don't have this Sloppy Ring +5;

have you tried to grind for Undermountain companion gear? you wanna to get BiS gear on the 2nd day of the new chapter release, OK.

Tons of people grind cause it's hype, I don't see any problem here.

Did you know that not so long time ago Cryptic sold 1100 ILvL companion gear for ZEN (with again, grind requirement)?
    Imagine, few months later they release better gear as drop loot in the adventure zones.
    ಠ_ಠ
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This is the main thing I love about the new, better mmo I'm playing than NW. There is still rng, but if you can't get what you want from rng you can craft it, buy off others, complete achives that aren't rng based to get the items and so on. Rng systems are there for devs to be lazy and make 10 minutes of content into 3 months worth. Enjoy the grind.
    edited April 2021

This is the main thing I love about the new, better mmo I'm playing than NW. There is still rng, but if you can't get what you want from rng you can craft it, buy off others, complete achives that aren't rng based to get the items and so on. Rng systems are there for devs to be lazy and make 10 minutes of content into 3 months worth. Enjoy the grind.

@sagakaiyume#0847
    could you PM me the name of that game pls..? ;)

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@sagakaiyume#0847
    Let me guess The Elder Scrolls Online, what's problem to name it here :flushed:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

armadeonx said:

@sagakaiyume#0847
    Let me guess The Elder Scrolls Online, what's problem to name it here :flushed:
    Just in case someone decided to delete my comment - these things happen sometimes...

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

People waiting for 1 mob to respawn- best system ever xD
  • poliel#3832 poliel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    makes HR bis cause can use spinnig blades in spot without moving forward. so can afk meanwhile and get hit even if others waiting also
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    modlesie said:

Hey hey, if they didn't have systems like this the game would look like a solo player game! Best system ever, totally won't result in player frustrations or players reporting each other. No way
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

modlesie said:

Hey hey, if they didn't have systems like this the game would look like a solo player game! Best system ever, totally won't result in player frustrations or players reporting each other. No way
    Glad I haven't bothered with Episode 2 yet. Seems bad