test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to Xuna?

blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
I am bored waiting on a friend to pick me up, so I am going to ask about this simple design issue. Maybe someone from the art department will chime in and explain the outcome?

In the HD cut scene at the opening of the game, Xuna is wearing her green armor. Although through out the game we see her in black. There is even artwork such as this;

Celeste and Xuna

We can see she was suppose to have red hair and green armor. What happened here? Even the miniatures that Wizards of the Coast sell of Xuna are painted with green armor. They arrive unpainted and the face is just horrid, but the website shows them painted green. I know most everyone in the game has come to know the black leather Xuna over this original green version. Did the art department think green pixels was just too damn expensive? :trollface:

Just killing time...

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I... Have to go home and log in and see for myself
    - bye bye -
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited April 2021

This is Xuna from the game. Shes green and black.

But the rack on Celeste! Who knew? lmao
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It is a very dark green in comparison to the bright green and the fashion has been changed. @blargskull I know you are off a few days at the game, so unless you have the forums on your cell, you won't see this until you get back. The picture above, I believe was early concept art from way back before beta? It appears they remover her loin cloths and gave her the "biker babe" look to make her appear more "tough" and as @reg1981 already pointed out they removed the Jezebel look from Celeste making her look more conservative and wholesome.

I took a look for the minis you mentioned, I think you are looking at this site?

https://dnd.gf9games.com/miniatures/tabid/86/entryid/214/heroes-of-neverwinter.aspx

I agree both female faces are terrible looking on those. I would just use a 3D printer instead. Celeste and Xuna should sue them! :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

But the rack on Celeste! Who knew? lmao

If they ever bring back Day of the Dungeon Master, check Celeste out when you're running around as a miniature in their game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Xuna is a female. They love to change their clothes and hairstyles to follow the latest high fashion trends.

Enough said ;)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Xuna also lost the pointy ears at some point and has the rounded ears of a human.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    greywynd said:

Xuna also lost the pointy ears at some point and has the rounded ears of a human.

I was about to point that out...is she a human or a half-elf? The in-game model suggests human but the opening cutscene when you start a new character, the concept art, and the Neverwinter Wiki suggest half-elf.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    greywynd said:

This is the latest in cosmetic surgery among the elves!
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    @reg1981 That looks like green lighting to me, on black armor. :trollface:
    I will take a look at Wendy's Xuna next time we play together.

"Xuna was one of the survivors of the first attack of the Thayan forces on Neverwinter, during the Shadovar–Thay War. Her parents were killed during that battle, her mother by a dracolich, and her father by a powerful undead warrior.

In 1479 DR, Xuna took part in the Siege of Neverwinter. She fought against the same undead warrior that killed her father, and although she had the upper hand at first, eventually she was overpowered. She was rescued from certain death by the cleric Celeste. Xuna later joined forces with Celeste and Sergeant Knox to defeat the undead, before meeting Valindra's army at the head of a force of Neverwinter's defenders
    ." - Forgotten Realms Wiki

They have her listed as half-elf. Maybe her history is buried here on this site? I don't really care, just curious about the costume change from her beta "girly cheerleader" look to the more "butch biker girl" appearance. I guess the Cryptic staff is busy sorting cards for Magic: Legends. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    It is dark green but I think it might look black on your Windows OS. I took these screenshots front and back on my Linux OS. Looks green to me, must be your OS. :tongue:

Have your eyeballs checked! :heart:

wb-cenders.gif
    ok ok it is green, I can see that now, but what is up with the drastic changes, hair, face, ears, dress, and whatnot??

As for my OS, I have Windows because of games like this one. Don't you still have to log on and off just to access mail and chat? :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Fix the color monitor profile, no doubt u r TN monitor user (or maybe IPS and it's too old, you know the panel gets darker over time).

I made a clean shot for u:

All settings are maxed:

Cinematic Effect and Shadows are off:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

ok ok it is green, I can see that now, but what is up with the drastic changes, hair, face, ears, dress, and whatnot??

As for my OS, I have Windows because of games like this one. Don't you still have to log on and off just to access mail and chat? :trollface:

You miss the point, girls like dressing; and this is one of her goddess-battle suits.

Imagine you have been playing in the same outfit for 5 years. -_-
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    LOL Xuna has been wearing that armor for almost 8 years now. That or she has no imagination when it comes to buying clothes. At least one hero, Knox has another outfit.

Just killing time...
    edited April 2021

LOL Xuna has been wearing that armor for almost 8 years now. That or she has no imagination when it comes to buying clothes. At least one hero, Knox has another outfit.

NW is so old, -_- really?
    She's no longer a Rogue Maiden from the cinematic intro, Cryptic cloned her like a pig and made her a meta dps pet LOL

Where can I find her as an NPC, maybe there's another outfit? grammar check
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Xuna has a more practical outfit when you find her in Storm King's Thunder zones.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Xuna has a more practical outfit when you find her in Storm King's Thunder zones.

I don't think it was much of a change, just less exposed skin. They should have put her in one of the furry suits from Icewind Dale. Better yet, if it was my decision, I would have a whole cut scene where she kills and skins a yeti. It would still be making noises as she is removing the pelt! Later when you meet up with her she would be wearing that but still complaining about the severe cold. I thought it was cute she was kicking the dead dragon they killed in that wait on Makos. Anyone willing to kill a dragon just to pass time, would be more than a match for a yeti fur coat.
    wb-cenders.gif