test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharandar Ep. 2: The Soul Keeper Launch Week Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content found in Episode 2: The Soul Keeper. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The quest text for Cure for the Corrupt has spelling errors ("soldires", "torrment"). When you complete it, it says "brethern".

After you speak with Emrae Firesky, the popup text says, "Speak with Emare complete".
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    A possible bug: Now that part 2 has been released I would have thought that seals of the wild, instead of seals of the fallen. would start dropping from the HEs in the New Sharandar zone. Surely they would not keep it locked behind queued content only, as they know there are many solo only players in the game.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

A possible bug: Now that part 2 has been released I would have thought that seals of the wild, instead of seals of the fallen. would start dropping from the HEs in the New Sharandar zone. Surely they would not keep it locked behind queued content only, as they know there are many solo only players in the game.

The latest seal is always dropped from the latest dungeon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Misspelling in quest text for Cure for the Corrupt: "soldires".
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • armagus02armagus02 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Crown of the Butterflies cannot be converted to the appearance library. Also, the visual effect of the Crown of the Butterflies and the Tainted Bracers isn't showing up on the dragonborn race. At least not on the metallic dragonborn.

EDIT: The Tainted Bracers visual effect does show up after all, I just needed to squint my eyes extra hard. But I still don't see the visual effect of the Crown of Butterflies even if I remove any other appearance items from the helmet spot and equip the crown.
  • grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Make low quality rings and comp gear unbound, let this stuff be useful to somebody and not only trash for others. Bound to account itens are good for the game health, but only if they are viable.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User

Here is an interview with Senior Game Designer Noah Holmes and Lead Designer Randy Mosiondz were happy to provide details on new heroic encounters, hag lairs, the development process, and inspirations for Neverwinter.

GR: What was the core goal behind the new heroic encounters? What makes them unique as a type of content?

Holmes: Heroic Encounters in Neverwinter not only serve as an additional fun activity for players, they also exist to tie the evolving world episodic story to the main story of the entire module. Think of them like the shows Wanda Vision, Luke Cage or Marvel: Agents of Shield where you have these interesting side stories that are tied directly to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and serve to fill out what is happening in the world around the blockbuster films in the theater. These Heroic Encounters are repeatable story elements that are part of the main overarching story for the campaign.

Upon successfully completing an encounter, players will be rewarded with Seals of the Wild, which can be traded for Crone's gear. This new armor is actually in the game now and can be collected! In Episode 2, players will be able to obtain new Companion gear to match the power of the rewards from Episode 1. We also reward the players willing to take on greater risk, by giving out greater rewards to those completing the harder challenges.

The full interview is in the link below....

https://gamerant.com/interview-neverwinter-developers-talk-upcoming-content-game-inspirations/
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • marek276343marek276343 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Crown of the forest also doesn't dispaly on metallic ancestry dragonborn,
    Forest Guardian's Raid and Ward Sallet, doesn't display on metallic ancestry dragonborn,
    but it does disaplay on normal dragonborn,

Edit:
    Crown of the Concussed aslo now dispalys on metallic ancestry dragonborn,
    Post edited by marek276343 on
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Not really a bug, but what happened to the 'Tears of Selune"?

Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    tornnomar said:

Here is an interview with Senior Game Designer Noah Holmes and Lead Designer Randy Mosiondz were happy to provide details on new heroic encounters, hag lairs, the development process, and inspirations for Neverwinter.

GR: What was the core goal behind the new heroic encounters? What makes them unique as a type of content?

Holmes: Heroic Encounters in Neverwinter not only serve as an additional fun activity for players, they also exist to tie the evolving world episodic story to the main story of the entire module. Think of them like the shows Wanda Vision, Luke Cage or Marvel: Agents of Shield where you have these interesting side stories that are tied directly to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and serve to fill out what is happening in the world around the blockbuster films in the theater. These Heroic Encounters are repeatable story elements that are part of the main overarching story for the campaign.

Upon successfully completing an encounter, players will be rewarded with Seals of the Wild, which can be traded for Crone's gear. This new armor is actually in the game now and can be collected! In Episode 2, players will be able to obtain new Companion gear to match the power of the rewards from Episode 1. We also reward the players willing to take on greater risk, by giving out greater rewards to those completing the harder challenges.

The full interview is in the link below....

https://gamerant.com/interview-neverwinter-developers-talk-upcoming-content-game-inspirations/
    Would really be nice to know what happened here as I had read the article and was at least looking forward to getting new seals from doing all the new HEs... maybe fake news strikes again.
    Found a map error (bug) in the grove. The right side of the map does not line up. In the photo below, my toon is standing in front of the waterfall, but according to the map, she is in the void. :)

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Abyssal Chicken still causing game crashes, now in the new Waking Nightmares heroic.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Is there seriously no new weekly in the second week of Episode 2?

Did the story quests that lead to the fight with the hag in the ethereal plane, that quest gave no Fey Blight or Potion of the Undead as rewards, only XP and gold. Expected that fight to become the new weekly but nope, only got the small 5 Fey Blight quests now and the unlock milestone 5 one.

Is this bugged?
    Post edited by theelusiveone#4954 on
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance

Did the story quests that lead to the fight with the hag in the ethereal plane, that quest gave no Fey Blight or Potion of the Undead as rewards, only XP and gold. Expected that fight to become the new weekly but nope, only got the small 5 Fey Blight quests now and the unlock milestone 5 one.

Is this bugged?

There is a new weekly, for the heroics in ep2, but nothing else. I too was surprised at the rewards for the "gold" hag quest not including Fey Blight and Potion of the Undead. I do not think it is bugged per say, more like an oversight has occurred with what rewards are granted with that quest.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Is this bugged?

There is a new weekly, for the heroics in ep2, but nothing else. I too was surprised at the rewards for the "gold" hag quest not including Fey Blight and Potion of the Undead. I do not think it is bugged per say, more like an oversight has occurred with what rewards are granted with that quest.
    So they added a new weekly for the third week of episode 2? We were complaining more about the lack of a new one in week 2 as we only had the HE weekly after getting to 125 and finishing the quests we got hitting that milestone..
  • jordandravenjordandraven Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've updated for the new release and since then i haven't been able to load the game, at all. I've reinstalled, updated my graphics and drivers. I've done everything on my PC side of things but the moment the game goes past the "Loading" it shuts off immediately.

Any tips or reasons why? I had no issues previous to this patch and all my other games load up just fine
This discussion has been closed.