test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is ToMM Broken ?

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
ToMM came out prior to ZCM and VOS so why is it harder to complete? My Alliance now has all ToMM runs and training on hold until the DEV(s) fix it. My point being:

1.) ToMM was included in the changed algorithms but WHY????? IT did NOT need to be messed with. ToMM was in a good place according to almost everyone I have talked to. Yes, you can make the argument that it was done by only one tank but..... that was due to US getting stronger, which is a Natural Progression and SHOULD be easier to do. ZCM cannot be single tanked as it shouldn't because it is the next progression HIGHER.

2.) The Dev(s) do not play this game. This is absolutely a fact.... just look at the new gear in Sharandar. Who the Hell would create gear that should be good for Tanks and Healers BUT.... give it Accuracy and Combat Advantage? Make ZERO Sense, and no, it is NOT good for any DPS. I have 4 DPS toons and have no need for any of the garbage gear.

So... why is ToMM so hard to play??? Why, even with End Game healers and DPS we can barely survive and sometimes (Like today) not get a single clear after 6 tries, but then go to ZCM and get 4 clears easy ( with the same 10 players) and then break off and complete VOS no problem.

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE return ToMM to it's former Glory???? It should NOT be the hardest dungeon in the game PERIOD.

Answers

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It's the most technical trial in the game. There are groups that can destroy it in it's current state, but for the general population it's completely off the table. I agree it needs some adjustments. After seeing how difficult tomm was for most of the playerbase, I can't help but think that is the reason ZMC is easier.

I can run tomm deathless in it's current state however it's no fun to play it. I use to run it daily, at least once, sometimes 20 times in a day. Loved doing guild runs, running with friends, but now even in an experienced group there are wipes and I can't tell you the last time I ran it with my friends. Good luck training new people.

I have 2 Orange Halaster Whirlwinds, that's 400 completions + unspent scrolls. I ran it A LOT before the rework. I bet I can count on 2 hands how many times I've run it since the rework. The effort and resources are not worth the rewards. If it was fun, I would care less about the effort and reward because a fun run for me can be part of the reward. Getting that newish player to the end on their feet is rewarding for me!

As for dev's playing the game, some friends of mine put Chris through the ringer on discord during a VoS run a few weeks ago. They do play!

I'd really love to hear an official response to the state of this trial. When the rework came out it was discussed how bosses can be fine tuned much more than they could in the past. If that's really the case, it appears they have it exactly where they want it. I'd like to hear that from them though.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    It baffles the mind... to have had, what once was a playable Dungeon, that players could, with time, effort and some money reasonably progress up to, even with the lease desired gear be able to train in, now become only playable to what... maybe 10% of the entire player base?

It is equivalent to my restaurant now only serving rare Steaks... no more Medium, Medium rare, Well done, just RARE. I would have very few customers, which to the the rest of the intelligent population, would be INSANE. Unless my intent was to go out of business, which, could be their intent.... Who knows.

Just really really want to know what they gain my making so much of this game so hard to complete or even play for the "average" person. Why even continue to make NWO if the intent is to serve only a select few? Just seems weird to me.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Tomm is broken because he was pushed down the stairs in PE.

...all of them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • poliel#3832 poliel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    correct me if i'm wrong...
    tomm rings no longer bis, right?
    so kinda pointless to run tomm.
    they could as well make it trivial now....
    pity for those players that haven't finished till now....same as not being able to play that legendary castle never anymore.
    With the new rings coming from VOS, ToMM is all but dead to the majority of the player base. Who wants Lionheart weapons anymore?? Not many if any.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    well would you not need the gear from Tomm to begin to start VOS? or is Infernal gear from Avernus better
    It is a combination of... Mirage Weapons, Avernus Gear ( T1 -T3) Get a Zuna/Cold Iron Warrior or Mercenary.. get pets and Mounts to 80% min.. you will be pretty good to go. ToMM is a good place for some loot but who is going to waste their time doing it? Most ( maybe 80% ) cannot even run it due to it being to hard.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    This thread is depressing. I don't play for loot or to grind - I have loved the story and experience of Undermountain all the way up to Uprising. All I have left is Uprising and ToMM; I was genuinely looking forward to capping off that campaign with an exciting dungeon.

Ugh.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    LoMM is the dungeon. ToMM is a trial, in more than one sense.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I just read that Chris Whiteside is no longer with Cryptic, so there's one less dev playing the game...
    I stand Corrected