test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Sharandar part 2 dropping on Tuesday 13 April ?

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
As above ?
The posting on the ARC page / launcher about part 2 doesn't specify any date yet multiple You tube videos talk about it dropping within a few days .
If this is so why again does Cryptic not directly inform people about it ?
Why is it that the info drops from You tube videos ( I understand that a lot of these people are on the private demo testing server for Cryptic and would assume that they are under NDA ) , but again why is Cryptic not informing us directly ?
Communication goes along way towards a happy community .

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    pelgrax said:

As above ?
    The posting on the ARC page / launcher about part 2 doesn't specify any date yet multiple You tube videos talk about it dropping within a few days .

I don't see anything about a date here on the news page.
    pelgrax said:

If this is so why again does Cryptic not directly inform people about it ?

Because the definition of Cryptic means secretive?
    pelgrax said:

Why is it that the info drops from You tube videos ( I understand that a lot of these people are on the private demo testing server for Cryptic and would assume that they are under NDA ) , but again why is Cryptic not informing us directly ?
    Communication goes along way towards a happy community .

There is no NDA to run the preview server, once it hits preview it is fair game. Alpha and Beta testers are under NDA. After what I experienced with Part 1, I think I will be able to wait for them to announce Module 21 this fall, and still have plenty of time to finish everything.

Edit: I found it here on their Twitter page. Announced 7 hours ago, it arrives tomorrow. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It was mentioned in the article that was on mmorpg.com, or something like that. It was an interview with one of the devs, and he stated it was being released April 13th originally. Now the article just says soon. So that is probably where the confusion comes from.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Cheers for Sandukuptu posting the twitter link but again I ask why it isn't then posted by cryptic in THEIR forums or on their Arc page ?
    This should be the FIRST places to look at rather than it being informed about on an external companies website .
    It is their own official website / forums after all .

I was aware about alpha / beta testers under NDA as they usually use the 3rd shard that is listed on the launcher . When it disappears as an option it usually means that they are testing out something near release on that shard .
    Just again the fact that cryptic fails to announce things FIRST on their forums or ARC . This should be the place to get up to date info .
    Maybe this will help...

wb-cenders.gif
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

I don't see anything about a date here on the news page.

That's because it is phrased like it has already been released. I guess they meant to release it last week, and forgot to change the date of the post in the automatic news post machine.

Good to know it is releasing tomorrow, I had guessed as much but I didn't know it was confirmed.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2021
    Info has been shared on socials several times - these are official social channels so information posted there is to be considered official communications.

(Note that the March 22 post indicates May 13th for console but it is now May 11. As we get closer to the Console release, we will be promoting it on socials as well)

March 22

April 6

April 9

April 12
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I wonder why dews do't use forum...
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Its a bit typical to switch to all kind of social media and drop the forum like a hot potato suddenly after combat rework/Sharandar 2.0.
    - bye bye -
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

Oh C'mon @nitocris83 not everyone has a twitter(i don't), not everyone has a facebook account or uses it or has neverwinter liked on either twitter or facebook.

Everyone can see news articles when loading up the launcher. You and others at crytic always say "check the forums" for more info.....er why wasnt this posted on the forums or news?

Said this countless times.. and not to mention if you say check the forums.. actually put something on the forums. Big Changes like this should be IN YOUR FACE. not come and find me!
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    This is the problem in this world. Everyone expects me to have Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, LinkedIn, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, and just recently, I was asked to join something called WhatsApp. I am actively playing games with others on Discord, I have Facebook in mothballs, all those others are just meh.

I don't see this as being our issue. We are looking for information at ArcGames.com in the News Page, where I would expect it to be first and foremost. All the others should be secondary to the Arc Game News. Also there is a very good reason I don't tune into my Facebook. It gets very annoying seeing all the misinformation they are willing to run, because someone paid them to post it. Some of the misleading videos on YouTube and Facebook are so bad, anyone attempting to replicate it will get them hurt.

Just killing time...
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User

My apologies, I must have missed the part of the Neverwinter ToS that states the requirement for a Twitter (or Facebook, or MySpace) account to keep up to date on game information.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

My apologies, I must have missed the part of the Neverwinter ToS that states the requirement for a Twitter (or Facebook, or MySpace) account to keep up to date on game information.

There is an Official Neverwinter account on Twitter, which makes it an official location for information regarding the game. Same with Facebook. Neither of those are ran by players, they are ran by Cryptic Staff.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Next time could you post it on the games launcher as well?
    Most of your news feeds are posted via games launcher I was surprised that this one was missed.
    edited April 2021
    While I do agree with what the majority is saying, let me expound something in the opposite direction.

Would you? Every time I see a developer poke their nose in the forums, it gets bit off. It is akin to walking through a well mined corridor and trying to juggle glass plates. I rather see Julia in here answering, that is part of her job as Community Manager. Developers should be busy with developing the game.

@blargskull you know as well as I do, Twitter can be read without an account. While many social media sources such as Facebook require you to have an account. I think Twitter and Reddit are about the only ones that allow people to browse.

I know they are still pushing out Magic: Legends and I assume the other games will take a back seat for some time. While I do not understand them posting anything on the front page, the current forum seems to consist of about 12 or 15 people here voicing their opinions and maybe 500 lurkers. The NW forum is a microcosm compared to outside sources. Before someone says that is a recent change, no it has always been a small sample of players from the game.

I am also going to assume the blurb posted on April 9th was written by Ryan “Avathar” Zash, Content Designer and only posted there by Julia. Personally I would have included the expected launch date, but it seems both overlooked it. Maybe the art department shares the blame as the banner has no release date either.

@nitocris83 everyone fumbles the ball now and then, I don't expect people to be robots. :heart:

wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

That reminds me. It is time to restock on Lathander's Dew! @nitocris83 If you could arrange to send me a couple of cases, I'd appreciate it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    lol twitter, what a joke. guess perfect world hires anyone it seems.