test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bags - Wish There Was Infinite Storage - Keeps me from overworking!

oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
I have been really enjoying many aspects of NW - but one aspect that requires so much attention is storage space - sure I could fork a few Zs and fix it - NP - and I got a lotta characters - but I also have so many things to work on that require Zs - so it kinda takes a lower priority in the end - Does it sound like Storage Space management isn't difficult and time consuming and not really any great part of the Game? Well it's all that and more - Howz an Add for it sound? LoL!

Do any of u ever wish Storage Space was infinite - like bags not having too many management hassles and moving items around characters not being too complicated - lol - howz a 'send to' sound like? LoL! Windows Shortcuts are one of the best management techniques ever invented - LoL! Or Linux for that matter (OSX) - it's all a usability thing - thanks for your comments in advance! L8ER!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It is not complicated to me any more because I set up a system to deal with it for years. So far, my logistic operation is still smooth. And, I am a serious hoarder.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    The various guild banks and alts holding things for me is what keeps mine sorted. But I do wish there were other options. Like plasticbat above, this took years to work out and sort out and get a system that works for me. My characters have the biggest bags available, many toons have personal banks maxed out, and my shared bank is maxed out.

When you really break it down though, 1 FULL bag holds consumables(potions and buffs), 1 FULL bag holds gear and this is going to get worse seeing as how it's not safe to crunch anything anymore with old sets making a return and old weapons being BiS, a full bag holds refinement(yes I know I don't need to hold this anymore but it's less work to keep it in a bag and let it stack than it is to crunch every freakin drop), 1 bag(1st in the list) holds things that are dropping as I run content. All those green gears, rings, ebonized gear, treasures, etc that get sold at the end of the day for gold/RP. 1 Full bag holds quest items, final bag holds everything else(maps, coffers, bryn relics, etc)

Would love to see some changes to this! Gear on a different tab of inventory, quest items the same for example!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    My system basically involves storage toons.

I have 2 account wide bags. Hence, each storage toon has more bag space than a normal character.

Each storage toon has its own theme and dedicate to one type of item. e.g. potion, refinement (multiple toons), artifact, companion, mount, companion gear, various gears, enchantment, runestone, lockbox (I have picked up and kept every lockbox on the ground since mod 3), insignia, .......

The shared bank is max and it is not used for storage but as a transfer hub: when the play toon gets something that it does not need to keep, put it the the transfer hub (shared bank). When I happen to visit the storage toon (usually, during invocation), move the item to the right place (usually just double click).

I also have long term storage toon and shorter toon storage toon.

The problem I could have (or eventually will have) is the amount of character bound items.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***