test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

skirmish/Trial scoring

flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
bronze vs silver vs gold what really are the differences? I am looking for books for the last 2 boons of underdark from Throne of the Gods and Prophesy of Madness and well they do not seem to be dropping. Does your final score impact rewards? or are those ratings mainly for show?

Best Answer

• Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes they impact your rewards. They pull from a higher drop pool with a gold rating. Back when I played it. The trick is to get everyone on board with how each event worked. Prophesy Madness the one where you close tears and defeat the demon boss at the end, is best if the wizards and clerics go tear to tear quickly closing them, don't stop to fight the demons. Let the serious DPS and tanks mop up the demons behind you. Points are achieved for tears being closed and dead demons don't count for squat. When you finished gold you will get purple rings, silver was blue, and bronze or less you were lucky to get spit. So yes indeed, the books you need are at gold reward.

The other version of PoM was protecting the 4 pillars from attacks and powering them up. This version is totally opposite, kill all the demons you can and when you get a chance power up the pillars. Dead demons drop the items you need to get the pillars empowered, fully empowered pillars is the road to gold rewards.

Throne has 2 variants. Lead the hulks to smash open 4 doors in the room. Do it fast you can get it done. The other variant is protect two clerics, then allow hulks to smash a big purple-pink bubble. All that is required is fast kills but don't kill the hulks until they get their job done!

Just killing time...

Answers

• Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    No, they don"t impact your rewards.
    There are no higher rewards pools.
    Whichever result you get, you get the same HAMSTER.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For the Underdark skirmishes and trials, the reward tier determines how much Faerzress you get and the chance of a ring dropping. Gold always drops a ring, Silver has a chance, bottom is no chance. Chest rewards aren't affected by tier however. You get a ring regardless. Ring quality is always random as well. As far as the book drops, they are always low and I don't know if anyone can say if tier affects them but likely, the chest chance remains the same, as it does with rings.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I have been there and it most certainly does effect the drops. Do you what you like, but if you run bronze, let me know how many years it takes to get those books you need.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Affects currency does not affect rewards.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2021

bronze vs silver vs gold what really are the differences? I am looking for books for the last 2 boons of underdark from Throne of the Gods and Prophesy of Madness and well they do not seem to be dropping. Does your final score impact rewards? or are those ratings mainly for show?

It does not affect reward rolls of CHESTS and doesn't affect Spelunking (from chests). Spelunking has one of the worse droprates, always had, just that back in the day we had more keys for it (lesser keys) and it was faster to run. The other books I would just buy - just like in ToD, if it drops then most likely after you finished the campaign already :D

It does prob affect the "rewards" shown on the window with paingiver etc charts - like pitshade said, mostly campaign currency. Iirc the books can drop from skirmish (not chest) too, but I never saw that.
    - bye bye -