test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GONE 5 YEARS RETURNING WHERE DO I START?

azaziel35azaziel35 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Hey everyone i have been gone 5 years i had a high level warlock puppet build when i left im starting back with the same charachter but htere have been so many updates and expansions i have no idea where or how to start back up any suggestions?

Comments

• evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Start from scratch, quite simply.

Alternatively:

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Five years? That is very casual playing. You may want to start a new character. All the character builds were drastically changed with module 16 two years ago. Then they got another remake recently in February with module 20. I think the people at mmominds is having a hard time keeping up to date. Feats is no longer a separate tree but at the bottom of the powers as 5 toggles.

Warlock perma-puppet still exists, but the puppet and companions don't deal the damage as they did before. You need some companions because they buff your character. You will need to get antiquated with mounts and decide, if you want to just buy them at mythic, or slowly upgrade them. A lot depends on your play style and where you focus you time within the game.

At this point, if you have an extra character slot, I suggest you relearn the system from the beginning.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • azaziel35azaziel35 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    thanks i will try that even though i hate it i spent so much time and money in that charachter
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Other than character slots, bank space, bags, packs (and few 'constant' items), whatever you invested 5 years ago are more or less worthless today. On the bright side, you also skipped investing a lot of other stuff that became worthless in this 5 years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Warlock still has high output and is fun to play. SW is my main, TR as 2nd. There are many new campaigns to get your toon through and many gear updates as well. It's 2xLegacy campaigns on right now so it's a great time to return. Sybella is up where Sgt. Knox used to be in PE, she offers legacy quests that give extra campaign currency.

Firey bolt, hellfire ring, killing flames won't do you wrong in solo play although I use blades of v. armies instead of firey bolt.

Ask questions as you go about character building. Pets, mounts, etc have added major changes since you've been in game!

Above all, HAVE FUN!
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    And, as you will discover yourself ...

1) Enchant system is simplified but success is still random and Rank 4 Marks of Potency are rare

2) Identity Scrolls and daily dungeon keys are gone. Some dungeons have two chests, the second requires a key made through the campaign interface (4th ribbon of journal). There are reroll tokens as well, and Dungeon Delver events where the loot tables are improved.

3) World map was split into more regions, but the Sword Coast icons are still cluttered when certain quests are shown.

4) Professions starts at level 20 and is in a building in PE SE corner. Level 80 tools are more powerful than MW IV tools. Masterworks will be revised soon, so get your foot in the door while you can.

5) Dungeons and Skirmishes are all accessed through a queue system that requires a certain role mix (3 DPS, 1 Tanks, 1 Healer) and a lot more patience. All sub-70 skirmishes have been removed from the game.

6) Experience from quests, invoking, enchants, dungeons, etc. raise your level faster than you can possibly complete the quests in a particular area. If you are in a rush to get to the end it is great, if you want to explore all of the game, you will end up doing so from a level much higher than originally intended.

7) That Angel of Protection you saved Ardent coins for 360 days of invoking is now sold cheap in the Auction House

8) Most dungeons will now spawn waves of adds if you do not kill a boss fast enough. Many of the mobs have no cooldowns on their powers and move quickly to gain combat advantage.

so, have fun!

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2021

And, as you will discover yourself ...

1) Enchant system is simplified but success is still random and Rank 4 Marks of Potency are rare

Enhancement refine now has a limit. Mark of Potency rank 4 is not rare because you can just buy directly from AD store but AH usually has cheaper price if you don't have VIP. If you do have VIP, AD store is cheaper. Many have VIP buy it from AD store with VIP + AD store discount and then sell it in AH to earn the margin.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    A whole lot of water went under that bridge since you played. :trollface:

It may help to know which campaign was on when you stopped?

In 2016; The Maze Engine, Benign Order of the Third Eye, Storm King's Thunder

In 2017; The Cloaked Ascendancy, Tomb of Annihilation, Lost City of Omu

In 2018; Ravenloft, The Heart of Fire

In 2019; Undermountain

In 2020; Infernal Descent, Avernus

Anything there ring a bell?

Just killing time...