test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April Fowl chicken quest - seed replacement incorrect

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Expected process:

If a player changes instances (for performance reasons) or for some other reason is changed from chicken form, speaking to Earl and selecting the 'I lost my Seed' dialog will result in the missing seed provided by Earl at no charge.

Actual process:

I have not tested this issue by changing instances, rather I was doing the 5 quests in sequence and when I got to the end to turn in the 5 quests only 4 showed complete. I had no seed left, so before I turned in all of the completed quests (I noticed this after turning in one of the four), I clicked on Earl's 'I lost my seed' dialog.

My character was transformed back into a blue chicken (the last quest I did).

I merrily killed 5 green runners and went back to Earl (thinking I was now done. Still only 4 quests completed. I opened my Journal to see 'which' quest was missing/incomplete, it was the Green Seed/Healing quest.

I spoke to Earl again and looked for green seed in my inventory. Nothing there, I was changed to Blue chicken again.

I ended up aborting the green seed quests, taking it again from Earl and completing everything.

Note: once everything was turned in ... and all 5 quests showed greyed 'wait X hours' messages ... my inventory had one unit of green seed visible. So, it appears to have gone to a buffer that blocked delivery to my bags until the quests were complete ...

---- what I suspect is the coding/logic problem:
The program assumes that the only time I would be missing seed/out of chicken form, is when I would change instance. The program remembers the *last* chicken form I was in before I reverted to my normal form and provides that seed/chicken color.
It *does not* actually check the status of the open April Fools quests to see which is incomplete and use that to determine which seed to provide. As a result you cannot obtain any seed except the color of the last quest worked on from Earl's "I lost my seed' prompt.

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Happened several times today and I tried some different tactics:

When clicking on the 'I lost my seed' prompt one can see the icon of the seed in the lower right being allocated to the player. When I open my inventory, it is not in my bags.

I am speaking to Earl in blue chicken form, I have not yet pressed Tab and changed back to my normal character. As a result, I cannot see my potion slots as they are not visible when in chicken form.

Once I move out of chicken form the seed is in my potion belt ready for me to press 4 and become the chicken with the missing objective.

SO ... it is obviously confusing to the player to be able to interact with Earl in chicken form and not see the results of that interaction.

Suggestion: Check to see if the player is in chicken form, if so - grey out the 'I lost my seed' prompt. That way the player sees that the option is there, but needs to do something (still no hint what) to access the prompt. Once a player uses Tab to revert back to their character (which would have occurred when changing instances anyway), the prompt turns white and can be interacted with. Perhaps a red hint "You cannot access while in chicken form" when you mouse over the greyed out prompt would resolve the mystery of what to do.

Hope that helps. As it is now, it is very confusing and frustrating.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    If the 'Completion' does not pop up, you have not finished it even if you think you got it.

I was distracted once. I got a phone call and when I went back to the game, I thought I finished the last one. Anyway, one of the quest got only 4/5. My fault. I just bought the seed from the store to do it again. Of course, I messed up again and bought the wrong seed. Again, my fault. Hence, I went to the store and bought the right one to complete the quest.

I do not put any seed to the belt. I just right click and 'use' the seed from inventory.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***