test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have one word for Mirage... Ridiculous

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
This is the only word I can use to describe the current state with Mirage weapons. Chasing old weapons through a skrimish with garbage rewards and no chest(BIS weapons with fleece, OH don't forget your 800XP and green 400IL pet gear). With the combat rework, this effort is not worth my time. I can't help but feel this was part of the plan. Keep players busy, give them HAMSTER all.

FIND A BALANCE with your end game weapons. If you can't make it work in the back end give them the same damn bonus with a lower IL and move on.

I had the writings from grinding, when the mod was new. Matter of fact I had everything except fleece. This is not a big grind for me, but pisses me off enough that I'll go do something else today.

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    And yes, here we go again XD

To be clear tho, I think my issue is with the method of acquiring these weapons over using them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Imho this would be a perfect time to give the promissory notes value. We should be given the possibility to use them as currency for buying the River District weapons

You already have to buy the weapons. Useless in their current state, but you do have to buy them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Buying them costs next to nothing. Each of my 6 toons can buy about 5 pairs. More if I did not spend the currency to get rAD. Upgrading them to be able to equip is the obstacle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    pitshade said:

There is a certain poetry in the fact that who wish to chase paingiver must first feel the pain.

"ohh i can probably raise my damage - i just need to suffer through this petty grind of old content and gain more self hate"

"ho ho ho i am strong (my illusions are my damage it is WAI! I WILL NOT BELIEVE OTHERWISE)"

"how dare you nerf me?! (well its okay its still does way more than celestial/lionheart)"

"ho ho ho my damage has been buffed again"

in the not so far future:

"stupid game making me waste time grinding only to have this weapon nerfed to the ground!!!! how dare you"
    "this is the last straw im quitting stop spending money on a dead game!"

yes chase paingiver more. these insecurities and frail egos are fuel to my joy when i play neverwinter ho ho ho
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    2 rounds of dig sites 9 per hour and i got 0 arcanic focus;p

2 rounds of dig sites 9 per hour and i got 0 arcanic focus;p

Have you done your grind for fleece in Illusionist Gambit yet? Wait till you fail a few of those due to bots or other reasons. Quickly brings out frustration there!

---

@pitshade Once upon a time I chased paingiver. Not so much anymore. Sure it's nice to come in on top, but I'd rather play for fun runs.

---

@durugudesu I hope you didn't see this as a fix or I quit post, that was never my intent. I will play again, but I haven't since I made this post. But I also know you didn't quote me in your post. 3 days without NW, longest I've gone without playing since I returned well over a year ago though.

I also played many tower runs with you, I know you are there for fun with friends and helping your guild/alliance! Midnight enjoyed running with you.

---

@plasticbat I was still in Sinnerz with you for this content, our guild did so much River district on so many toons! 10 Mods, seems like forever ago! Also why I can't figure out why BiS weapons are coming from there.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Gambit is a lot harder than before. Grinding is, well... To the sky... To be true, for endgame and nearendgame players lion and celestial are easier to get. I was lucky, i finished campaing and most of my mats remain. But even after that i need to do some more grind. Mirage is nice set but it takes a lot of time to get it.
  • coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    So 3 minutes that you need to do IG is same as doing for 20minutes zariel or 10-15 min tomm . how is easier to farm lion and celestial easy especially now that most people don't run it, IG you can pug it try to pug tomm and zariel. Mirage grind is just mindless grinding and just chat . And all trials needed training to do them .
    Is just bad design buffing old weaponsx2 better then new weapons is simple.
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

Gambit is a lot harder than before. Grinding is, well... To the sky... To be true, for endgame and nearendgame players lion and celestial are easier to get. I was lucky, i finished campaing and most of my mats remain. But even after that i need to do some more grind. Mirage is nice set but it takes a lot of time to get it.

lol, you can get the fleece in a few hours at most, its pretty easy to get.
    edited March 2021

Perhaps you might want to blame the players using said "inferior" weapons...

I see and experience, on a regular basis (like every damn run), players using LH or Zarial weapons out dps every person using mirage weapons. And its not by a tiny amount but by 10 to 20% more easily. Even the current masterworks out dps them.

Now I'm not calling anyone individual out in being a terrible player, but if you run your character properly it still is no contest on the dps boards.

Yes this is my personal experience, so it is skewed a bit. That doesn't invalidate it though.

Running mirage is not an instant win button. Are they cheap in pvp, sure. In pve are they useful? Absolutely. Its a viable alternative for those who can't get LH, Zarial or masterworks. More importantly, if you are that butt hurt over the dps board even though you are clearing content (which is the point of running content in the first place) perhaps some priorities should be looked at for you personally.

Personally I see a whole lot of bruised egos instead of a broken game in regards to the mirage weapons.

I'm still running my celestials, not planning on chasing weapons in RD. Anyone who's run with my SW Midnight knows he can pew pew real good as is. I can still do tower and finish runs as top dps or bottom dps depending on the group. It's not about an instant win button at all. It's about being sent back to RD and into a skrimish that has no rewards for a BiS weapon set.

Had another trial been released that was doable by EVERYONE and weapons had come from New Sharandar I doubt we'd be having this conversation. As is, we've been sent on a path of no reward for inputted effort with 9 or 10 mod old content. At least then they'd be new weapons from new content. It would be a new grind, not one I've done 8 times already. And yes I have RD done on 8 toons.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    You know, in other MMORPGs I play there is NO power creep in gear. Weapons and armor from 3 or 4 years ago are still viable and sometimes even preferred over the newest gear drops. New content is focused on new stories, dungeons and zones to explore. There is also new gear, if you want it, but it's not essential or even BiS in most cases. It just has a new look or style that may fit with a certain character for RPG purposes.

Imagine if NWO was more like that and less about grinding to get more powerful gear so you could be ready when the next zone drops requiring you to grind for even more powerful gear so you could be ready for the next zone....ad nauseum.

You know, in other MMORPGs I play there is NO power creep in gear. Weapons and armor from 3 or 4 years ago are still viable and sometimes even preferred over the newest gear drops. New content is focused on new stories, dungeons and zones to explore. There is also new gear, if you want it, but it's not essential or even BiS in most cases. It just has a new look or style that may fit with a certain character for RPG purposes.

Imagine if NWO was more like that and less about grinding to get more powerful gear so you could be ready when the next zone drops requiring you to grind for even more powerful gear so you could be ready for the next zone....ad nauseum.

Now this is a very interesting perspective to read! Thank you for posting! NW is the first mmo I've played!
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    krevg said:

Personally, I love the mirage set on my CW Talia. I have the Celestial, Lion Heart, and many others, but the Mirage set is just more fun for me. It's a game and it's about fun. Sets like this are what help make the game more diverse and interesting. Does the grind to get it suck, absolutely. Is it worth it just for the fun factor after, for me, absolutely.

See ya later chickens! Bok bok!

Hi Talia !
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    25% dmg wats how much overal dmg my mirage set doing and its bad, funy play with mirage yes, but.... pee in all endgamers and say its rain... its not gud . Game is daying. Progress is dead, economic is dead
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • mehwar#3996 mehwar Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Problem with this mirage is that it doesn't create a guild dynamic nor create a good incentive to people to utilize their guild to do trainings in end game trails. This is coming from an officer to a certain guild that conducts daily trainings for end game. When the new mod drops and the combat changes hasnt drop we always have groups and people to carry around. Teaching them how to do end game trials and have fun. Now we rarely do trials nor give a damn about them. You can see in the game specially in PC that pug groups rarely do trials anymore. Those tomm rings which cost cheap before now cost half a millions. Before it will help players to fully utilize their build and doesnt cost them that much but now they have to take care to it aswell. Many people dont realize that people that HAMSTER on MIrage is not always about bruised ego and chasing the top pain giver. Theres a different between doing a guild run content and farming a boring solo quest. Most of the time guild are only there for the boons, some new players looking for tips and just a little bit of chatting and moving forward to their day. If you want players to stick in the game then have them reason to stick too. Most dungeons in the game requires only 5 players to do it thus making a single group very easy. Problem is that it limits the people to people dynamics cause its only bound in ur group. While trials requires 10 man or maybe more than that thus creating a large bubble of people who wants to be socially interactive in the game. Now the devs decided to HAMSTER up end game trials rewards thus removing this social bubble and replace it with a mindless farm.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Im curious, why many not asking for lionheart nerf n lets Celestial be BIS for all class types... Celestial the newest set introduce..
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Everyone that's played the game for a long while knows that 'latest is not always best' and the only differentiator was item level and the increased damage bonus on the latest weapons.

Cryptic made a conscious decision to remove base damage from weapons and THIS is the root of the issue.

They will keep issuing new weapon sets with different bonuses and the trade-off between TIL and bonuses will continue the be a question debated on this forum unless at some future point Cryptic decide to add another factor that makes the newest weapons BiS.

Requesting that old sets of weapons or gear get nerfed every time they bring out a new one is essentially asking for a similar system to the one they've just replaced.

My pally is now using the Mountaineer set for group content! 5% Defence when within 25' of enemies gets him to the cap so I can spend an extra 5% of my stats on awareness instead.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

This is the only word I can use to describe the current state with Mirage weapons. Chasing old weapons through a skrimish with garbage rewards and no chest(BIS weapons with fleece, OH don't forget your 800XP and green 400IL pet gear). With the combat rework, this effort is not worth my time. I can't help but feel this was part of the plan. Keep players busy, give them HAMSTER all.

FIND A BALANCE with your end game weapons. If you can't make it work in the back end give them the same damn bonus with a lower IL and move on.

I had the writings from grinding, when the mod was new. Matter of fact I had everything except fleece. This is not a big grind for me, but pisses me off enough that I'll go do something else today.

It could be worse, you know. I switched most of my alts back to Drowned weapons. Now imagine grinding for 100 motes on alts who don't already have them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Totally disagree with backwards technology. IF they allow this then you only open the window for more potential absurdities. What if they decide to go back to mod 16 combat changes or the old professions system. Cryptic has a habit of recycling content and slapping a shiny 'new' label on it. Am I to grind for sets twice from now and into the future? Am I to hold onto every piece of pixel garbage on the off-chance it might become useful, exploited, allowed? Let it remain WAI for the sake of a player worthy time-sink?

Yeah its pretty frustrating having got rid of my Orcus set... Mirage weapon set... levelling up the "wrong" companions... selling off previously useless companions... selling mounts... and various other stuff to find out years later its now BiS.

Its very annoying.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Totally disagree with backwards technology. IF they allow this then you only open the window for more potential absurdities. What if they decide to go back to mod 16 combat changes or the old professions system. Cryptic has a habit of recycling content and slapping a shiny 'new' label on it. Am I to grind for sets twice from now and into the future? Am I to hold onto every piece of pixel garbage on the off-chance it might become useful, exploited, allowed? Let it remain WAI for the sake of a player worthy time-sink?

Yeah its pretty frustrating having got rid of my Orcus set... Mirage weapon set... levelling up the "wrong" companions... selling off previously useless companions... selling mounts... and various other stuff to find out years later its now BiS.

Its very annoying.
    Look on the bright side, the Demon Lords Set was totally killed in the game with the release of a new set with the same only updated bonus. Another important factor is that even though it's new, it has the same bonus as the Demon Lords Set which is horrible because the nerf he took reduced the average bonus damage you receive to 2.5%. That's one of the reasons I'm not interested in running VOS, the main prize is very bad if you're not a OP, since by the attributes of the set, it was made for this class.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

... Am I to grind for sets twice from now and into the future? Am I to hold onto every piece of pixel garbage on the off-chance it might become useful, exploited, allowed?

Yes.

And don't forget those Promissory notes from CA. I'm SURE they are going to be super important, someday... ;)
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i'm farming one set for an alt because man i loved that set, but i will not be surprised to see a new weapon set poping in the last chapter of sharandar or the first onf next mod... btw i think making Mirages usefull is faar better than release 3 set 1 each time in the same mod like avernus did XD
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    another note i whish we could still buy Primals for healers...
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @rafaelda said:
    > i'm farming one set for an alt because man i loved that set, but i will not be surprised to see a new weapon set poping in the last chapter of sharandar or the first onf next mod... btw i think making Mirages usefull is faar better than release 3 set 1 each time in the same mod like avernus did XD

The new weapon set is a 1500 IL mirage set... Lol