test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good Grief - Just Fix the Dumb +1 Mastercrafting Issue

acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
I have crafted 7 Manticore Assault Vests +1 in a row at 25% focus. The probability of this is so low that I am disinclined to try any further. I would feel more comfortable with it if this game wasn't already fraught with bugs everywhere in the combat calculations. It is reasonable to think the RNG on the MC is similarly jacked.

Please just do everyone (and yourselves) a favor and let us choose whether we want to make a stupid +1 item or not. This is hands down one of the most incomprehensibly foolish systems I've ever seen designed in a game. The designer should be ashamed.

Comments

• powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The entire +1 concept was not given much thought. It affects masterworks tasks and task completion, stacking, massive inventory space consumption, etc. Just a bone-headed implementation.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Even more bone-headed is the fact that even with focus at 0% you can still end up getting +1 items.
    Has happened a bunch of times for me when trying to do mastercrafting tasks. :(
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I think it's more frustrating that the +1 items don't count towards completing the quest. A higher quality item should be more valuable to the NPC, not less.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I think it's more frustrating that the +1 items don't count towards completing the quest. A higher quality item should be more valuable to the NPC, not less.

Right? Logically, it seems like the best solution to this problem would be to have the quest require +1 results, no?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There are already a number of quests in the standard workshop story that require you to turn in one or a group of objects out of a list. Iron Sand +1 comes to mind. There seems to be no reason why the game can't detect multiple items in the Master quests.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Or they can just have the NPC a trade option, trade lets say 4 +1 to 5 regular. Or some ratio. Since everything unbound it will allow players to buy /sell to a set, and will give the +1 some value.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Or they can just have the NPC a trade option, trade lets say 4 +1 to 5 regular. Or some ratio. Since everything unbound it will allow players to buy /sell to a set, and will give the +1 some value.

Although the NPC exchange was proposed by users, the devs decided to provide a drop-down menu option to 'Covert Item' to allow the conversion of profession resources and sub-assemblies to non- +1 items. This functionality *does not* include finished products such as equipment that have a non-white/grey border around the icon. The thought was to keep the challenge of Mastercraft RNG in the game ... so you cannot convert the +1 legendary final product to non +1 with a menu click ... you have to use low level materials and certain artisans ... or RNG/$ to get there.

Many of the items blocked from SH coffer donation are these same finished products ... although surplus equipment is one of the first categories to fill in any SH.

And yes, this is a prime example of Cryptic's continued partial implementation of design changes (a much longer story).

• mpoxlasmpoxlas Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I think the basic chance to get +1 result is 20% even if the focus u currently have is at 0%
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Right? Logically, it seems like the best solution to this problem would be to have the quest require +1 results, no?
    One would think..
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger